With the victory over the New York Yankees yesterday, the Detroit Tigers have shown that they can handle one of the best teams in baseball, along with the pressures of the postseason. My question to the wise Pit of UG is this: Can the Detroit Tigers win the World Series? I think that they can, and I hope they do. After losing 119 games, it has only taken a couple years for them to turn it all around. If a team can do that, I think that they can pull it off.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
Sweet! Thank you good sir, you've saved my ass!

Hells yeah they can win it all. After the beating they put on the almighty Yankees, it's all downhill from here.

Makes it worth it sticking with the Tigers through the shitty years....
don't you ever bitch about ****ty years--you know nothing about them.

how do i know this? i am a royals fan.
Quote by coquet
don't you ever bitch about ****ty years--you know nothing about them.

how do i know this? i am a royals fan.

Haha. Yeah the royals have had a bad go of it too. For a good while there, the Tigers and the Royals stunk up the whole league with their shittyness. Im glad Jim Leyland came into Detroit and started cleaning that team up......
Quote by Darkrunner
Haha. Yeah the royals have had a bad go of it too. For a good while there, the Tigers and the Royals stunk up the whole league with their shittyness. Im glad Jim Leyland came into Detroit and started cleaning that team up......

Well at least you guys have hope and can build better teams. It's going to take the Blue Jays 50 years to make the playoffs as long as The Yankees and Red Sox continue to try and buy championships.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I'm saying after the sweep, the A's have it.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
my cardinals better not lose against the goddamn padres tonight, we suck so bad
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by Darkrunner
Hells yeah they can win it all. After the beating they put on the almighty Yankees, it's all downhill from here.

Makes it worth it sticking with the Tigers through the shitty years....

almighty yankees my ass
more like washed-up, overpaid yankees
and besides, the mets are gonna win it all
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
I say no. I don't think they can win anything. They're useless.

But then again I have no idea who they are, or what half the rules to baseball are... so what do I know?
Quote by astepabove
almighty yankees my ass

That's kind of what I meant. The Yankees think they can just throw millions around and buy a World Series. Detroit has about 1/10th the payroll and beat the shit outta the Yankees......
Quote by astepabove
almighty yankees my ass

I agree with you. I don't see any AL team that made the playoffs giving a problem to the Mets. We lost 2 of our best starters and still swept a 3 game series.
Hi, I'm Peter
Everyone knows you need pitching in the postseason. I think the Tigers have sufficient pitching to make it past the A's.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
Quote by «ÃFireÏnside»
Everyone knows you need pitching in the postseason. I think the Tigers have sufficient pitching to make it past the A's.

Zumaya and Verlander........scary fastballs on them 2 youngsters. Zumaya hit 103 miles an hour in Game 3 vs the Yankees.....
Just thought I'd ressurect this thread to say baseball sucks 'nads.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Xerothunder
Just thought I'd ressurect this thread to say baseball sucks 'nads.

I think I'll resurrect your mom (provided she's dead) and make her suck my nads.

But for real, the Tigers have got it. Oakland may be a challenge, but my hometown heroes will pull through.
Quote by kurosawa
I dropped out of school ages 13!

That quote made my life...
Quote by «ÃFireÏnside»

I dunno, the A's have excellent pitching as well. Zito, Loaiza, Haren and Harden is arguably the best rotation in the postseason. The A's also have an extremely under-rated defense, and their offense, while not spectacular, is hot right now.

Plus, the have the most clutch hitter in the game: Marco Scutaro