Page 2 of 17
I have GP5 but I don't use the RSE because if I'm using the loop function it starts lagging and stuttering the RSE CPU. I use only MIDI, but I still think GP5 is better than PowerTab.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
I have GP5 but I don't use the RSE because if I'm using the loop function it starts lagging and stuttering the RSE CPU. I use only MIDI, but I still think GP5 is better than PowerTab.

It might just be the combo of the RSE and your computer, because I can loop it while using the RSE and it works fine.
dude i have guitar pro 5, but as i see on your screen picture, you can have options of a les paul or other guitars , i can't get that on mine, where do you download them
honestly, i have neither. i know how to use them cuz of my friend cuz he has them both but i prefer to use just my ears and the guitar. but if i was to pick one out of the 2, id go for the PT. i dont know if its his computer, but its works really well. so i feal its easier to use. but like i said, im a guitar guy.
Quote by badguitarist13
honestly, i have neither. i know how to use them cuz of my friend cuz he has them both but i prefer to use just my ears and the guitar. but if i was to pick one out of the 2, id go for the PT. i dont know if its his computer, but its works really well. so i feal its easier to use. but like i said, im a guitar guy.

Kudos man, many people don't have enough talent to just play by ear. I can somewhat do that, but once I stop playing it I always forget certain notes, which is why I use tabs. Then some songs are just too hard for me to figure out, and wallah, tabs.

Quote by jimmypage1904
dude i have guitar pro 5, but as i see on your screen picture, you can have options of a les paul or other guitars , i can't get that on mine, where do you download them

This obviously won't work if you downloaded GP5 as a torrent or through limewire, but if you shelled out the 60 bucks here is what you do.

First, log in here with your User ID and password.

Then, you should click on Download the latest full version link.

Then, download the new RSE's, there are also new updates for bass and drums.

Hope you bought it so you can actually get the new stuff.
Last edited by GuitarManiac09 at Nov 12, 2006,
ah sorry guys can u help me to find the some espesheal gp5 file like 30 sencond to mars.
and i want to know every gp file in thise site is compeletly true or not thank u.
if you qwanna download guitar pro for free.....download it off limewire...

is power tab free?if so, wher is a god place to download it?
GEORGE LYNCH, PAUL GILBERT, AND YANWIE MALMSTEEN ARE THE 3 GREATIST GUITARISTS EVER!!!!!
Guitar pro rules.
I write all my music on it and it looks way better that PT and theres every GP tab you need on the internet.
Quote by christheman
Power tab is free too

*Adam glances at his first post...

Glances at his last post...*

Thanks for clearing that up...
Is there a way to play Power Tab files on GP5?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I never use GP...too 'flashy', way too cluttered. And about half of the tabs I've seen for it are absoltuely horrible for the bands that I like, so there's no point in my using it. Also, basically any 16th note run (or similar/faster) freezes up the sound. And I always get errors. So yeah >_>

Powertab for me. Extremely small, efficient, free, and all that jazz. Much more my preference.

The only comment I have is that I don't get your 'Difficult to include bass' comment though in your first post. It's exactly the same as guitar, all you need to do is a press a little button. Other then that small confusion, good job.
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Is there a way to play Power Tab files on GP5?

Yes, save the powertab you want to put into GP5 on your desktop. Then, in GP go to

FILE-->IMPORT--->POWERTAB, then open the tab that you saved.

It's a bit annoying if you do it quite often, but for doing it with songs that don't have any good GP5 tabs it's worth it.

If your confused I can load a screenshot, just ask
Quote by wasp2020
The only comment I have is that I don't get your 'Difficult to include bass' comment though in your first post. It's exactly the same as guitar, all you need to do is a press a little button. Other then that small confusion, good job.

Thanks, my post was changed, I looked back at PowerTab and its not hard to use at all for bass Well, it WAS 2:00 A.M. when I was writing this

Thanks again
Quote by GuitarManiac09
Yes, save the powertab you want to put into GP5 on your desktop. Then, in GP go to

FILE-->IMPORT--->POWERTAB, then open the tab that you saved.

It's a bit annoying if you do it quite often, but for doing it with songs that don't have any good GP5 tabs it's worth it.

If your confused I can load a screenshot, just ask

sweet
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I've been using the powertab (because its free). Does anyone have a list of good websites that have good libraries of songs?
I don't even care to shake these zipper blues...
Oh wow, seriously!

I have two kinds of wet in my pants!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
TS,you're using IE?You bad bad boy!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
TS,you're using IE?You bad bad boy!

Thanks...for that. And I'm glad you read my later posts as well, because then you would have seen I switched to firefox...
how do you download the power tab and the guitar pro stuff?

i have tried loads of times but it never seems to work...
Well, your problem is probably that the downloaded files come in a ZIP file, so if you don't have a zipping program you can't get to the data in the zip file.

Download WinRar or Winzip (just google them, they are both free), and then try DL'ing your stuff. Get back to me if you still can't access it.

Hope that helps
guys. can i slow down the tempo of a song i want to learn on power tab? i downloaded a song but its too fast for me. so can i slow it down? how?
I'm not supposed to be on at all, so this is gonna be quick. Just lower your BPM until you can play it comfortably, and after practicing it, keep raising the BPM, at a pace comfortable to you.

Good luck with that song!
Adam
I used to have guitar pro but it took up too much space so I switched to powertab and really I think they are both the same.
Quote by Andrew Zara
I used to have guitar pro but it took up too much space so I switched to powertab and really I think they are both the same.

Did you use the RSE or the drums?
Nice explanation.

I personally prefer to use powertab, because the benefits of Guitar Pro seem to me, not to be worth paying for it, or even illegally downloading it. It (guitar pro) sounds slightly better, and it's easier to add drums, but it seems bulky to me. I prefer simplicity. I simply want to be able to see what needs to be played, and whether the tablature I'm seeing is accurate from the start, both of which powertab do perfectly.
never tried PT, but i friggin insanely love GP, ive learned so many songs of it, everything from Judas Priest to Atreyu, its all there, even bands ive never even heard of
you can steal guitar pro 5 cracked on limewire for free XD i did it, hopei dont get nailed. many of them have viruses though, you otta find the right one
I have both as well, but i prefer Guitar Pro a lot more. Power Tab is fiddely and gets on my nerves, wheras Guitar Pro has a much more organized way of setting things out
Is GuitarPro a yearly subscription, or d oyou get it for good, or (God forbid) is it monthly?
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
Is GuitarPro a yearly subscription, or d oyou get it for good, or (God forbid) is it monthly?

It's for good. Say you bought Guitar Pro 5 now, well you don't have to pay again. If you lost it somehow, you could just log onto their customer's area using the pass and stuff they give you, and re-download it. Hope that helps in your decision making.

EDIT: Well I shouldn't say NEVER pay again, say they make GP6 or something that is boundlessly better than GP5, I'm sure you'd have to pay something, but they would give you a discount.
I have em both, but I think GP5 is better. To me, it's just a lot easier to use. I usually import PT tabs to GP5 anyway.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Recommended threads
TuxGuitar
Bucketheadroolz
Last post:
by Bucketheadroolz
Worst Sound ( 1 2 )
jamesyodoom
Last post: