Page 4 of 17
I'll take GP over PT anyday.

Even though GP5 is complete bollocks compared to the previous GP versions, I still think it's miles ahead of PT, which is a fine program in itself, but offers nowhere near the features and user-friendliness (imo) and ease (imo again) of GP. I'm still using 4 by the way, I don't like 5 with the addition of the RSE and the new note tracking thing. Bah.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance

Even though GP5 is complete bollocks compared to the previous GP versions, I still think it's miles ahead of PT, which is a fine program in itself, but offers nowhere near the features and user-friendliness (imo) and ease (imo again) of GP. I'm still using 4 by the way, I don't like 5 with the addition of the RSE and the new note tracking thing. Bah.

Whatever works man

Quote by Roymond
I am actually thinking about buying the program. Little worried that they only offer you free updates until they move forward a whole number. I think that's pretty dumb

Yes, I find charging when they move up a number rather questionable as well, but they do give you a discount on the next program. I believe GP4 users only had to pay maybe 30 dollars for GP5? I'm not positive, just naming a number I believe is it.

I apologize for my recent absence, I had bought counter-strike source a week or two ago and that had started to take up my life like the nerd I am..

Glad to be back.
Last edited by GuitarManiac09 at Jan 18, 2007,
ive only used guitar pro and im in love with it and feel no need to try power tab, especially since theres more GP tabs out there than PT.

ps if you ever heard of tabit, dont get it cause it sucks balls compared to GP
if ive already used up my 30 day free trial of GP5 can i have another without paying? xD im poor
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
if ive already used up my 30 day free trial of GP5 can i have another without paying? xD im poor

Well, I can't recommend any programs or anything bitcomet so download a program you can illegally obtain GP5 and a serial number.
im using both.. ive noticed that i find better tabs in powertab than their versions in GP.. although there are more GP tabs
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe

voodoo child - jimi hendrix (good song by a crap guitarist)
nothing else matters - metalica (closest they'll ever come to true metal)
can't stop - rhcp (john is not god)
fix you - coldplay (the shredding is top)
Using both as well. GP has all the toys and bells but I find PowerTab to be more solid. The PowerTab Archive is maintained well and contains almost exclusively quality tabs. And that's what's the most important to me.
Quote by guitarer
im using both.. ive noticed that i find better tabs in powertab than their versions in GP.. although there are more GP tabs

This is true. That's because most people who don't know what they are doing don't bother getting powertab because they will just illegally download Guitar Pro and get a 'better' program for free. That's why most powertabs are better.
Also a correction when i downloaded powertab it was 436KB. So if you're really impatient and lazy, Powertab is the way to go.
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
Well if you don't have any ethics (like me), just go to Limewire and pick up Guitar Pro. Its kind of a large download 300+ MB compressed I think, so youll probably want to download it only if you have high speed internet. But it is definitely better than Power Tab, and if $60 wasn't so much money to me I would pay it. Anyways, while GP is preferable, its nice to have PT too so you have a full selection to choose from when looking up music.
Quote by Resiliance

I didnt like GP5 at first either, but I just played around with the view and stuff and took out RSE, and i love it now.

I dont really like PT, never have. Besides, with GP you can just import powertabs and play em in guitar pro.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

i love GP its a lot better thn powertab its got so many more features and stuff GP rocks!
Rock on
ok does anyone know a GOOD freeware tablature program? because i would dish out 60 bucks for guitar pro...but my parents are fags and i dont have a job...so basically do you know any good freeware programs? or would you just recommend PowerTab?
Quote by emo.child.101
ok does anyone know a GOOD freeware tablature program? because i would dish out 60 bucks for guitar pro...but my parents are fags and i dont have a job...so basically do you know any good freeware programs? or would you just recommend PowerTab?

Yep. PowerTab is what your looking for man.
I'm on PowerTab at the moment, but I have a minor problem - there is a crotchet which should be split in two by a bar line so that there is one quaver either side (if that makes sense) and I don't know how to leace it ringing - currently there is an extra quaver on one side and one too few on t'other. Please could someone help!

EDIT: never mind, found it.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Last edited by flambe chicken at Feb 2, 2007,
well sorry but i have no idea what your talking about :P I just read the music and play it...but i have a question..an easier question. does anybody know how to isolate the bass? because its tough to keep up when the 6string is in the background..so does anyone know a way to make it so that all you can hear is the bass guitar? or is there even a way? thanks guys:P
Angels of the Condemned
Quote by emo.child.101
well sorry but i have no idea what your talking about :P I just read the music and play it...but i have a question..an easier question. does anybody know how to isolate the bass? because its tough to keep up when the 6string is in the background..so does anyone know a way to make it so that all you can hear is the bass guitar? or is there even a way? thanks guys:P

Well, enable the view track if it's not already enabled, so you can see the list of tracks and volumes and pan at the bottom. Turn the bass volume all the way up and turn the other instruments down to where you desire or off.
^ Turn all guitar volumes to "off", in both the score (dynamic signatures) and the Instrument window.
Quote by GuitarManiac09
Well, enable the view track if it's not already enabled, so you can see the list of tracks and volumes and pan at the bottom. Turn the bass volume all the way up and turn the other instruments down to where you desire or off.

Wait, are you talking about GP?

Wait, what is child talking about? O_o
Quote by wasp2020
Wait, are you talking about GP?

Wait, what is child talking about? O_o

Whoops. Yes indeed I was talking about GP. As for the latter, that is a question I do not know and assumed the answer of.
I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I read that you can import powertabs into guitar pro. But when I do it goes throught he process and then says aborted in the scripts. Then teh only option is to close the file that came up I wanted to import. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it have anything to do with the powertab having three guitars all together? I havn't used powertab for so long I don't remember how to view the guitars separatly or if you even can. Anyways, would that be the problem of importing the file?
Thanks
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I read that you can import powertabs into guitar pro. But when I do it goes throught he process and then says aborted in the scripts. Then teh only option is to close the file that came up I wanted to import. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it have anything to do with the powertab having three guitars all together? I havn't used powertab for so long I don't remember how to view the guitars separatly or if you even can. Anyways, would that be the problem of importing the file?
Thanks

Well, the only thing I can think of is that you have to SAVE the powertab files you want to import into your computer. Viewing the guitars separately doesn't matter however. You may also have faulty equipment. Try saving it, if it still doesn't work, contact GuitarPro online's support system.
Good luck
Yeah I've saved it and it's all from one band that supplied the powertabs themselves. I've tried their other songs and they convert just fine. Maybe you can try it, it's called "Goblins Ahoy and you can get them here
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Yeah I've saved it and it's all from one band that supplied the powertabs themselves. I've tried their other songs and they convert just fine. Maybe you can try it, it's called "Goblins Ahoy and you can get them here

I don't know man, I only use UG for tabs, that website might be the problem.
Hmm, maybe it's just that tab. Because I can import the other songs their so I don't know
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Guitar pro is cool,but every 3 month new version will be created.Now the latest version is 5.2
It sucks!
We have to pay a lot of money to buy newer versions.For example someone has 4th version,
He never gonna be able to open gp5 files.HE HAVE TO BUY GP5!
It really sucks!
RSE only works for basses/guitars. All other instruments are MUTE for Guitar Pro

PowerTab I have can't hear anything when I hit play and I went through the preferences. So I'd say GuitarPro
guitar pro has drums and such, but i prefer powertab, it's alot more user-friendly
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Powertab is shit i have it because i can;t afford guitar pro but it is terrible and difficult to use
I've never used Power Tab, but I got Guitar Pro 5 off a friend. It's great for learning songs if you don't know exactly how a song sounds, or if you just want to listen to the song as you learn it. My only complaint is the sound of the notes, but other than I like it.
dooes any one know how to export guitar pro files without losing the real sound (RSE) ?
Quote by murdoc66
dooes any one know how to export guitar pro files without losing the real sound (RSE) ?

That's not possible, the files are in MIDI, the guitar pro program is what contains the RSE, not the files. Hence the name, real sound engine , meaning program.
Who knows if Power tab is gonna come out with an rse version?????
I googled for it but couldn't find any info.. If it's coming out tell me.
but i really doubt it. Man.

The only problem with GP is that all the instruments are isolated so you can't follow all of them at the same time. and you also have to deal with it cuting out over long bars.
But i would totally get GP over Power tab for sound. RSE fricken rocks!!!!
(i only use PT because i'm broke, hmm)
Quote by murdoc66

You can not export it with RSE.
But there is a way to do this.You must have "Jet Audio" software then you can save the song that is playing in GP with RSE in mp3 or wave or....at same time.
ive only tried guitar pro so far but i see no difference
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I prefer guitar pro because everytime i use powertab i can't click on a spot on the tab where i want it to start playing...
Uh, for guitar pro does anyone know how I can print out all the instruments on one sheet so it looks like a band score? Like how it is when you put it on horizontal view, but it only lets you print vertical.
hey guys, would any of ya tell me that why mt gp doesnt work as i want it, i mean i want it to show tablatures like numbers 1 2 3 4 but its all lines i don understand em!! what should i do please help me.!