Page 1 of 73
insideac
is present!
8,196 IQ
Hey, I know you people all say that the Black Dahlia Murder is metalcore, but their newest CD (MIASMA) basically seals their genre as FODDER-FOR-BLOODRUNSBLACK-TO-RIP-OFF-OF (jk) Melodeath, I mean, listen to them and compare them to dissection...They are pretty similar. Anyways, what are your thoughts and opinions about these guys? Im gonna go see them in Michigan soon, my friend talks with them and says that the singer is pretty cool. The guitarists are amazing, and come up with some incredibly dark melodies, like in "Miasma" and "Spite Suicide". The singer is so good too, he can do the high pitched barking, and then quickly change into the low pitched guttural.\

EDIT: My friend ended up trying out for them, and the singer is a douche bag.
Last edited by insideac at Jul 2, 2008,
insideac
is present!
8,196 IQ
Unhallowed? Oh yeah...I love the video where they play the song Unhallowed bit, and then break into Funeral Thirst. Their lyrics and song titles are so dark too, like Funeral Thirst, Thy Horror Cosmic, and stuff. Strikes amazing images for me.
metalheadsteve
See you in Hell
287 IQ
**** off, they arent melodic death, im sorry but they are **** all like that. are you saying that you honestly think that TBDM are similar to in flames, at the gates, dark tranq etc?
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL
metalheadsteve
See you in Hell
287 IQ
lol i disagree they remind me of a sorta toned down grindcore with more melodic riffs
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL
Gopher636
Banned
366 IQ
i never knew what the hell they were. the vox are metal enough to me, but the guitar work always struck me as metalcore.

either way, i love em.
best songs = funeral thirst, i'm charming, and elder misanthropy.
Metal Matt
My Avatar is Redundant
632 IQ
melodic death with metalcore tendencies....

....also boring.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Metal Matt
My Avatar is Redundant
632 IQ
They're not pretentious enough for me.

I'm just kidding. They've just never done it for me.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
I like them alot but I like Miasma better then Unhallowed ( i am a fan of metalcore that could be it) ther riffing is just breathtaking some moments. My one compliant is that some of their songs sound very samey. Great live band saw them at SOTU this year.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
SGRocker0791
Banned
462 IQ
Quote by garden of grey
are they allowed here?

I Pm'd greety a while ago (April, I believe) on them, and he said something along the lines of: "I could care less because they are garbage. "

Hahahaha, I miss Greety's posts.
matt85210
UG's Sexy Party Host
2,273 IQ
Where is he?

BDM are cool.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
BrofUJu
UG's n00b Sniper
517 IQ
Not a big melo-death fan, but I do enjoy this band, Unhallowed is great, especially Thy Horror Cosmic, Funeral Thirst, and When the Last Grave Has Emptied
kirkisking
I'm always drunk
3,956 IQ
Yes, Black Murder is just good raw LLN black metal. I need to get some more stuff, I only have Feasts.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Spark1284
244 IQ
Quote by Metal Matt
melodic death with metalcore tendencies....

oh id just say hardcore with metal tendencies, oh waiitttt thats metalcore. yeah theyre metalcore out the ass. still like the band regardless of the forums position on them but i dont think they deserve a melo-death title.

oh and i checed the sticky about posting metalcore and the recommendation thread... TBDM are in both. sooo i guess idk WHAT the forums position is
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Downfall929
163 IQ
im surprised this thread hasnt been completely flamed and closed yet. i agree that black dahlia murder deserves some time of metal title (that's not metal core).
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Necrolust
My username is stupid
6,264 IQ
I've heard a lot of people talking about them , mostly insideac :P .
I got to mysongbook and listen to some guitar pro tabs , I liked it , then I downloaded some songs and I think they are great .
They remind me a lot of Quo Vadis (very fast guitar riffs , fast drumming and shit)
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
frozen-dirt
1,809 IQ
I love them. I hate when people say that they're metalcore, too. I think it's pretty clear that they're a melodic death metal band.

Anyone else a little disappointed by their newer stuff? I prefer Unhallowed.
noway777
UG Newbie
22 IQ
Quote by insideac
Alright well im glad no one has flamed the thread then.. Didnt think so many people heard of them, nevermind liked them!

I know them.....Not a big fan.....But some of the songs mentioned here are not that bad
aluminum.maiden
Got Aluminum?
68 IQ
I love this band, but I found that there was more of a hardcore influence on the Unhallowed cd rather than Miasma, which I find is a little bit better than Unhallowed. But it doesn't matter much for me, because I don't mind metalcore.
Quote by RawrDemon
Allow me to summarize it:

YUM YUM HILARY DUFF, LOL!

lolz at teh led zeplinn!

If you want a band logo PM me
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
Funeral Thirst is one of my favorite songs.

Closed Casket Requiem was the first Metal song I ever learned.

The drumming and riffage in this band is pretty sweet.
Gopher636
Banned
366 IQ
Quote by frozen-dirt

Anyone else a little disappointed by their newer stuff? I prefer Unhallowed.

yeah, the only REAL good song on Miasma is "I'm Charming".
Unhallowed had "Funeral Thirst", "Elder Misanthropy", "Contagion", "The Blackest Incarnation" "Hymn For The Wretched" and...fuck it, the whole album sans "Thy Horror Cosmic". i just hate that song.
SGRocker0791
Banned
462 IQ
Quote by Gopher636
and...fuck it, the whole album sans "Thy Horror Cosmic". i just hate that song.

"Thy Horror Cosmic" is my favorite from the album. And yeah, Miasma was a bit disappointing after listening to Unhallowed.
Gopher636
Banned
366 IQ
Quote by SGRocker0791
"Thy Horror Cosmic" is my favorite from the album. And yeah, Miasma was a bit disappointing after listening to Unhallowed.

lol, thats the only one i skip. i just dont like the beginning riff when trevor growls "lord beloooooow..."
idk, it just sounds too much like generic death metal to me.
xX Maverick Xx
Banned
52 IQ
BDM is ****ing amazing ive seen them live about 3 times, awesome screamer, raping guitars, and an awesome drummer. They look like emo fags with short hair playing real metal
Ghoulhunter!
432 IQ
since when does ****ing metalcore band blastbeat for 3-4 minutes out of 5 minute songs? plus the gutterals, and the high picthed barks arn't metalcore type screams, they are all metal, anyone who says they are metalcore doesnt know **** about music. Oh yeah, i'm not a fanboy, i don't even like them that much, but they are absolutly metal.
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Could somebody please ****ing explain to me what the hell the "macabre hand" is
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
MrFluffBall
Banned
378 IQ
Quote by Spark1284
oh id just say hardcore with metal tendencies, oh waiitttt thats metalcore. yeah theyre metalcore out the ass. still like the band regardless of the forums position on them but i dont think they deserve a melo-death title.

oh and i checed the sticky about posting metalcore and the recommendation thread... TBDM are in both. sooo i guess idk WHAT the forums position is

Really? Where are the Breakdowns And TwoSteps?... Oh waiiittt they don't have any...