Page 2 of 73
youre a fag if you think they are metalcore.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
I like the solo on stauatory ape, its perfect.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by MrFluffBall
Really? Where are the Breakdowns And TwoSteps?... Oh waiiittt they don't have any...

you cant just call anything with a breakdown metalcore

EDIT: pretty much forget everything i said cuz apparently the 3 dahlia songs on my computer are indeed actually killswitch engage. but i got a hold of some actual dahlia songs and they still tend to be metalcore at times, but are pretty good regardless
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Last edited by Spark1284 at Oct 14, 2006,
Quote by SinisterX
I like the solo on stauatory ape, its perfect.

i dont really like most of their solos. they all sound the same to me. they tend to all have the same scale patterns.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
^ehhh true, but Funeral Thirst just sounds awesome, and Contagion's is actually damn near shred in my opinion.
Quote by frozen-dirt
I love them. I hate when people say that they're metalcore, too. I think it's pretty clear that they're a melodic death metal band.

Anyone else a little disappointed by their newer stuff? I prefer Unhallowed.

Hell yeah, I'm glad someone agrees with me. Unhallowed is way better than Miasma in my opinion. BDM is one of the few bands that I truly think got worse with their newest CD. Listen to their EP "What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse" and the Unhallowed songs and compare that to their newest stuff. Does ANYTHING on Miasma even come close the the likes of Closed Casket Requiem, Elder Misanthropy, Funeral Thirst, Thy Horror Cosmic? Of course not. They got too, I don't know, technical maybe with Miasma, and left the great melodies behind. The chorus riffs in Closed Casket Requiem and Elder Misanthropy will never be matched!
Quote by LedZeppelin
Could somebody please ****ing explain to me what the hell the "macabre hand" is

QFT! someone explain!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights

QFT! someone explain!

Macabre is another word for something gruesome, and that inspires horror.

Macabre Hand = A hand thats doing some sick shyat.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I liek miasma more, more riffalicious IMO
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Nelsean
Macabre is another word for something gruesome, and that inspires horror.

Macabre Hand = A hand thats doing some sick shyat.

Hahaha oh man, you guys have no idea how funny this **** is for me. The Macabre Hand is just this thing in my town that pretty much replaced the traditional horns,\m/.

If any of you have seen BDM live, Trevor the singer does a lot of hand motions and such and sometimes he does the claw-like thing. How it came to be called othe Macabre hand is because when we saw them he did that during the line,"Inhuman, the mounting of a tragedy, MACABREEEEE" in When the Last Grave is Emptied. So yeah, Throw up a 'cabre hand anytime something just kicks such a rediculous amount of ass there is no other way to describe it. (That and it would be ****ing cool if there were people around the world 'cabre-ing) Thank you and don't forget to spread the word.

In relation to this thread: Black Dahlia ****ing slay, seen 'em 3 times and they were one of the band that got me into death metal. Unhallowed pwns the **** outta Miasma which just has a few good song but is overall kinda meh.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Last edited by AcidBath443 at Oct 23, 2006,
not to be a dick or anything but the thread was started to discuss the band and about half of the threads are arugements on what genre they are, this forum is so consummed in genres its ridiculous. its like no there defintaly hardcore with some metal core tendencies or no there melo death, who the hell cares as long as you like the god damn band. its ****ing old after awhile just talk about the band not what stupid as name you can call there sound.

flame high
They own. I just went to youtube and checked out a random song which also was kick ass. They got potential and they are fucking good .
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
New Wave of American Black Metal. Right here, right now. PATENT PENDING!
Does anyone know if the full version of Funeral Thirst (The one from the video) can be found anywhere? The only one I can find is the one that starts at the pick slide.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.
The gore of killing animals is supposed to scare you out of eating meat.
That and drop Q tuning with pig squeels

they are the ****, i love them. unhallowed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> miasma tho.
Bury them all beneath heaping shovel fulls of lime,
in shallow graves the shreds of flesh dissolve with time.

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Panasonic Youth
Does anyone know if the full version of Funeral Thirst (The one from the video) can be found anywhere? The only one I can find is the one that starts at the pick slide.

In the video, they play the intro, which is called Unhallowed. And then they break into the song Funeral Thirst
Quote by insideac
In the video, they play the intro, which is called Unhallowed. And then they break into the song Funeral Thirst

Ah, I see. Didn't know it was a whole seperate song. Thanks, man.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.
The gore of killing animals is supposed to scare you out of eating meat.
That and drop Q tuning with pig squeels

No problem dude, anytime. Im finishing learning unhallowed today, gonna try to learn funeral thirst too and make a video. Look for it soon! lol. Anyone ever go to one of their concerts?
I wish they would change their vocalist, sounds really dumb when he does the high pitched vocals, kind of sounds like metalcore but the low vocals are ok.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by insideac
And In Flames reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold. So there

You deserve to burn in hell for that one sentence.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I dont know about you but Unhallowed and Funeral Thirst own the shit out of me.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Thy cosmic horror is IMO the best song on Unhallowed...... man am I the only one that likes miasma better
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god