Page 3 of 73
Quote by SinisterX
I wish they would change their vocalist, sounds really dumb when he does the high pitched vocals, kind of sounds like metalcore but the low vocals are ok.

That's one of the best parts IMO.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by Phag Anselblow
they suck

and this is in the wrong forum

Uh they don't suck to us, and its in the right forum. Go check out the Metal Recommendations Thread, and read under Melodic Death Metal, see the thingy that says Unhallowed?
I ****ing hate when people bitch and whine about how some band isn't in the right forum. Obviously if there's a thread where people are talking about the band consistantly, just leave it. Plus, TBDM sounds pretty damn metal to me.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by Teabag of Truth
I ****ing hate when people bitch and whine about how some band isn't in the right forum. Obviously if there's a thread where people are talking about the band consistantly, just leave it. Plus, TBDM sounds pretty damn metal to me.

Yeah dude, thats like one of my major pet peeves. Thats one of the reasons I bag on Tony alot, cuz he always wants the genres in specific places , and it gets ridiculous. It says NOT to post about Black Dahlia, but then in the metal recommendations thread there is Unhallowed, so who is to believe? But seeing as this thread hasn't been closed, it is obvious that it is allowed.

Have any of you guys gone to a show? This is one of my favorite bands if you couldnt tell by my constant covers of their songs, and I wanna go see them soon.
I like them because the fact they know how to have a laugh. Metalcore isnt nessacarily bad btw. Well only on the internet.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
The Black Dahlia Murder is good band they got pro when they wrote the cd Miasma
it has cool stuff

THE TREND IS DEAD!
Quote by insideac
No problem dude, anytime. Im finishing learning unhallowed today, gonna try to learn funeral thirst too and make a video. Look for it soon! lol. Anyone ever go to one of their concerts?

Yup, and they kick ****ing ass live. The melodies are all tight and Trevor(vocalist) has a great presence, despite being a pudgy dude with short hair and glasses, he is ****ing evil on stage. Seen 'em 3 times now. Hard working guys too, after Unhallowed came out they toured for like 2 years straight, wrote and recorded Miasma and then went back on tour.

EDIT:
Quote by Teabag of Truth
That's one of the best parts IMO.

Agreed
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by insideac
Yeah dude, thats like one of my major pet peeves. Thats one of the reasons I bag on Tony alot, cuz he always wants the genres in specific places , and it gets ridiculous. It says NOT to post about Black Dahlia, but then in the metal recommendations thread there is Unhallowed, so who is to believe? But seeing as this thread hasn't been closed, it is obvious that it is allowed.

Have any of you guys gone to a show? This is one of my favorite bands if you couldnt tell by my constant covers of their songs, and I wanna go see them soon.

Yeah, I saw them at SotU this summer. Amazing show, they finished with Funeral Thirst, it was ****ing epic. I got a shirt
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by Teabag of Truth
Yeah, I saw them at SotU this summer. Amazing show, they finished with Funeral Thirst, it was ****ing epic. I got a shirt

Same here, I thought their set was a little weak compared to the other times I've seen them. Funeral Thirst is such a killer closer. Also they filmed the video for Stautory Ape at the show I was at (Starland Ballroom), didn't see myself in it though
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Haha nice. It kinda sucked because when I saw them I hadn't really gotten into Miasma yet, so I didn't know most of the songs they played. I hope I can see them again soon though...
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Trevor makes weird hand motions when he does his vox.. almost like he's telling a story about wizards and dragons to dozens of children.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Trevor makes weird hand motions when he does his vox.. almost like he's telling a story about wizards and dragons to dozens of children.

I also saw them at SOTU they freaking kickedass! theyre drummer is sickening.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I saw them last night - what a fucking awesome performance. Their set was a bit short, but I was happy enough just to see Miasma and A Vulgar Picture.
The support bands were awesome as well. Psycroptic slayed, and Pathogen were brilliant once again. I also met Joe Haley after Psycroptic's set!
lucky bastards.

ill say it again. montana is teh suk
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
^Hey, there is that one kick ass band that you know from Montana. What are they called again?

Anyone know what amps they recorded Unhallowed with?
what amps did they record both albums with....did they actually use kranks.....because i've heard a lot of bad things...
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Krank = teh suck
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Krank = teh suck

Agreed. But Black Dahlia Murder are pretty good. I got Miasma recently, but havent gotten around to listening to it.
what amps did they record with?????
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Quote by insideac

i've seen them live twice, both times they almost had a completely different line up
i know i have pictures from one of them, possibly both, when i get a working scanner i'll put them up
and i deffinantly believe tbdm belong in this forum, end of debate
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Snyper

and i deffinantly believe tbdm belong in this forum, end of debate

Its a bright bright, beautiful day here in the metal forums.
Its not allowed to be bright here. Must always be grim and kvlt. Black Dahlia Murder are awesome too, I missed the opportunity to see em live a while back, regret it like all hell now.
TBDM winz.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
You know, I really think that Unhallowed was about ten thousand times better than Miasma. I keep attempting to listen to it, and I can't get into it...The only one that I like at all is A Vulgar Picture.

Ah well, their guitar tabs are fun to learn anyways.
^Yeah, I like Unhallowed way better, but they're still good.

So do they record with Kranks or what?
I dunno what they record with. I like a few from unhallowed, but IMO I think Miasma is much faster, melodic, and more punishing. Stuff like Statutory Ape, Spite Suicide, Im Charming, Built for Sin...basically most of the songs there have crunching guitar riffage. I especially like the title track, its what originally got me into TBDM in the first place.
Ok, I asked the band on myspace what amps they use to record:

we used a bunch of different amps.

a mesa, a krank, and an engel
TBDM kick ass. Unhallowed is ****ing great. Miasma was a bit disappointing, but nonetheless, a good album. Unhallowed is owning me at the moment..I've binged on this band for so long..I hope the next album is better than Miasma.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
i dunno why everyone likes Unhallowed better than Miasma, i find Miasma so much more metal and insane. the riffs are so much better and melodic. i hope they find a drummer soon and finish their album.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
lol it's not anymore.

I disagree, I think the riffs on songs like Contagion, Elder Misanthropy, etc. are much funner to play...
After further contemplation, I've come to the following conclusions:

Boring, generic, chug-a-long guitars + high pitched annoying vocals = lose = TBDM

I see nothing special in this band, nothing at all.

and lol @ Alonso originally calling them black metal.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
After further contemplation, I've come to the following conclusions:

Boring, generic, chug-a-long guitars + high pitched annoying vocals = lose = TBDM

I see nothing special in this band, nothing at all.

and lol @ Alonso originally calling them black metal.

LOL WTF I HADNT EVEN-Omg. Wow. Damn I was a noob >_< SHHH
Orgh. Blech. Blarch.

Melo-death REALLY isn't my thing. Black Dahlia Murder is pretty uninspired and generic.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I dont understand why people prefer Unhallowed at all. Miasma is far and away their best thus far. I dont like em as much as I used to but Im gettin back into em. They have such great melancholy, sorrowful melodies(i.e. Dave Goes To Hollywood, Spite Suicide)
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...