Page 4 of 73
Contagion! ahhhh!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Good band, not my favorite, but good. Latest cd is really good imo.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by insideac
In the video, they play the intro, which is called Unhallowed. And then they break into the song Funeral Thirst

Unhallowed has to be one of the best intros.
You told me not to make new threads, and to search for threads that have already been posted, so dont bitch about the revival.
All The Words Of The Preacher
All The Tears Of My Family In Vain
Shall Again Walk Amongst Them
And My Penance With Blood Be Repaid!.......Repaid!!!!!

That is all

Edit: Boo Caps Lock Filter
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
any rumors on who their new drummer might be? does anyone know a rough idea of the date for the next release?
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by TheDecline
Of course they are death! They have Black and Murder it their band name
:P

I'm pretty sure that garuntees that they're a metalcore band.
Dickless.
I like them, but are these guys not on the "Lamb Of God/Trivium/A7X" List stickied at the top on this forum?

EDIT: Well, I don't see them on there anymore.
Last edited by The Casualty at Jan 20, 2007,
Heard a few songs and liked em, but the other day i downloaded the Miasma album and dont really like it so far. Maybe i should give it another listen.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by IgnoreThis
Heard a few songs and liked em, but the other day i downloaded the Miasma album and dont really like it so far. Maybe i should give it another listen.

Try Unhallowed out. It's a lot better then Miasma imho.
Quote by SGRocker0791
They are not Metalcore. Try Melodic Death Metal.

Yeah I guess they are melodic death, lets not pay attention to the fact they are musically the oppisit of death metal, and brainwash our selves in denial to call them death metal, when in reality its just watered down bullshit. You know its bullshit when you sit though a show of theirs and all their fans hardcore dance and dress up like emos.
Quote by RatSkull
Yeah I guess they are melodic death, lets not pay attention to the fact they are musically the oppisit of death metal, and brainwash our selves in denial to call them death metal, when in reality its just watered down bullshit. You know its bullshit when you sit though a show of theirs and all their fans hardcore dance and dress up like emos.

You're judging the genre a band should by placed in by their fans? It's the fucking music that's important. TBDM is melodic death, and pretty good melodeath too.

Definitely not metalcore, no breakdowns (as far as I'm aware), their singer growls and does a high-pitched scream (so do At the Gates and Arsis, are they metalcore now?), their choruses sound nothing like metalcore choruses (clean singing), and the list goes on and on.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by mike130
You're judging the genre a band should by placed in by their fans? It's the fucking music that's important. TBDM is melodic death, and pretty good melodeath too.

Definitely not metalcore, no breakdowns (as far as I'm aware), their singer growls and does a high-pitched scream (so do At the Gates and Arsis, are they metalcore now?), their choruses sound nothing like metalcore choruses (clean singing), and the list goes on and on.

I didn't only judge their music by their fans, if you actually read my whole post you wouldn't have missed the part where I said they musically aren't close to death metal. It's melodic metal, not melodic death metal. In my opinion there is no "melodic death metal", it's either death metal or it's not. ****in kids making death metal look like shit music.
There's no melodic death metal, only melodic metal. Right, so power metal, in being melodic should be the same category as melodic death metal. Then, TBDM would be under the same category as Edguy.

I never assumed they were close to death metal. They are close (are) melodic death metal. Look it up in the Rec. thread if you don't believe me. Almost everyone on this forum will agree they are melodic death, such as In Flames, At the Gates, Soilwork, etc.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by mike130
There's no melodic death metal, only melodic metal. Right, so power metal, in being melodic should be the same category as melodic death metal. Then, TBDM would be under the same category as Edguy.

I never assumed they were close to death metal. They are close (are) melodic death metal. Look it up in the Rec. thread if you don't believe me. Almost everyone on this forum will agree they are melodic death, such as In Flames, At the Gates, Soilwork, etc.

1. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Power Metal is it's own genre, thus not having to be called "melodic metal".

2. Whatever you say. I still believe they have no relation to death metal(hell, their lyrics have very little to do about the topic of death anyways, their are just talking about their feelings). Any die-hard death metal fan who has a shit load of knowledge about death metal would tell you the same thing. But one day some band decides they wanna be melodic, emotional, and still be called "death metal" starts witting songs, now everyone puts them in the same category as bands who actually live up to their genre. It's bullshit. It's the kind of shit that is going to cause the downfall of death metal, now we'll have this HUGE wave of shitty-ass melodic metal bands calling themselves "death metal", and before we know it, death metal has no more meaning.
Here's my opinion. I think when I first heard them I thought they were gay. I still can't really get into them. But somebody told me that the solo in funeral thirst was easy so I learned the song. I still play it, it's incredibly fun and when you play it yourself you can hear the melodies a lot better. But as far as what genre? Death metal I guess, thats a dumb question so I'll go for the dumb answer of METAL!!!11one!1
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I fail to see how melodic death metal is a redundant genre.

I mean, compare a band like Morbid Angel (less melodic) to a band like Hieronymus Bosch (REALLY melodic).

Both are still death metal, melodic death ust puts an emphasis on, well, melody. (If it wasn't too damn obvious in the first place).
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
they are melodic death metal period. now if you don't like them please ****in' leave. now back to whats important. what gear did they record miasma with? any rumor on who will be their drummer and when the next release is coming out?
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Quote by RatSkull
I didn't only judge their music by their fans, if you actually read my whole post you wouldn't have missed the part where I said they musically aren't close to death metal.

Yeah, and you also didn't give any reasons WHY they aren't "musically close to death metal". If you listened to any metalcore at all, (which obviously you don't, since death metal is apparently all you listen to) you would come to the epiphany that the Black Dahlia Murder sounds NOTHING like it.

They're melodic death metal, ask anybody around here who listens to more than one genre.
well it seems they haven't closed this thread yet, so i guess they are considered metal. and thats what i'm gonna go by. I like their music.

I just don't like their name. I mean I know its an infamous killing, but Black Dahlia sounds kinda, well pussy. Like a emo or goth band name. Theres so many sick and bloody massacres you could name a band by, you have a lot of options.
Quote by RatSkull
I still believe they have no relation to death metal(hell, their lyrics have very little to do about the topic of death anyways, their are just talking about their feelings). Any die-hard death metal fan who has a shit load of knowledge about death metal would tell you the same thing.

Good Point. Their lyrics have very little to do with death.

Bury them all beneath heaping shovel fulls of lime
In shallow graves the shreds of flesh dissolve with time
The stench of burning human flesh, a makeshift cremation
A shriveling fragment of death's grand design

I insist -- the pleasure's all mine

With orgasmic bliss the human body is consumed
The loins are charred, the slabs of mean cut off and ground
With zeal I dine upon the skin, enthralled with elation
Souls of my victims within me, entombed

Palette wet with atrocity
I relish the last look in your eyes
Clutching your intestines, your scream echoes through me
Perfection; a murder divine

I hold the secrets of the dead within my grasp
As I poke and prod, your precious world is painted black I the controled of
Your fate, a twisted creation
Until I've met my fancy I'll hammer and hack

As I'm blissfully showered in blood
I shake with violent rapture as I gaze at my delicious feast
I cannot stop my salivation
My addiction to murder has peaked
Kneel only to my sick fixations
A complete symphony of your screams

Oh the cruelty of death!
I wield infinite

Lured by the cries of your damnation
I collect ornaments of the dead
Skin tingling with anticipation
I sever the last victim's head to be put on display

This mortal coil has born unto me death's secrets
This forensic inquisition, orgasmic
Another trophy of my bloodied psychosis
Another body to mangle; to ravage and explore

Clutching your intestines, your scream echoes through me
Perfection; a murder divine..

Just stop talking shit about bands that you don't even know anything about, if you please. Thanks.

Quote by jerm__
what gear did they record miasma with?

They use krank, mesa, and engl heads. I'm not sure what models, but I asked them on myspace and those are the names they threw out.
Last edited by frozen-dirt at Jan 21, 2007,
Im sorry but their screaming is terrible and the loew screaming is just as worse. If they got a new singer they would be much better.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by RatSkull
2. Whatever you say. I still believe they have no relation to death metal(hell, their lyrics have very little to do about the topic of death anyways, their are just talking about their feelings). Any die-hard death metal fan who has a shit load of knowledge about death metal would tell you the same thing. But one day some band decides they wanna be melodic, emotional, and still be called "death metal" starts witting songs, now everyone puts them in the same category as bands who actually live up to their genre. It's bullshit. It's the kind of shit that is going to cause the downfall of death metal, now we'll have this HUGE wave of shitty-ass melodic metal bands calling themselves "death metal", and before we know it, death metal has no more meaning.

These guys are NOT death metal, they are NOT metalcore or whatever else you are implying they are. They are MELODIC DEATH METAL, and if you're calling In Flames and At the Gates shitty melodic metal, you need a brain check.

The downfall of death metal? How will a band like this cause the downfall of death metal? Maybe it'll get more people in the genre, since it is still very close to death metal (OH NOO!!! NOT UNDERGROUND ANYMORE!!!), but will Deicide suddenly begin to get emo?

Plus, not all DM has to do with death (Nile, for example), are you going to say Nile is not DM?

What are these bands (there's a HUGE amount of them, according to you) that are "melodic metal" that claim to be death metal?

Quote by Lukeisonfire
Im sorry but their screaming is terrible and the loew screaming is just as worse. If they got a new singer they would be much better.

I like their singing, one of the things that makes me immediately recognize one of their songs. Their singer most definitely does not suck.
Quote by Twist of fate

Last edited by mike130 at Jan 21, 2007,
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
well it seems they haven't closed this thread yet, so i guess they are considered metal. and thats what i'm gonna go by. I like their music.

I just don't like their name. I mean I know its an infamous killing, but Black Dahlia sounds kinda, well pussy. Like a emo or goth band name. Theres so many sick and bloody massacres you could name a band by, you have a lot of options.

The Black Dahlia Murder was a pretty gory thing dude... a lady got cut in half...
Quote by mike130
These guys are NOT death metal, they are NOT metalcore or whatever else you are implying they are. They are MELODIC DEATH METAL, and if you're calling In Flames and At the Gates shitty melodic metal, you need a brain check.

So if someone thinks In Flames are shit, they need a brain check? So what you're basically saying is that anyone who has an opinion needs a brain check?

Next, you just blatantly contradicted yourself. When you emphasize the fact that they are not DEATH METAL, but melodic DEATH METAL, you sound like a total fucking douche. In essence, you're saying that a band that is death metal that has emphasis on melody is not death metal? This is like saying that avant-garde black pirate folk metal is not folk metal.
I've found Jesus
Upon listening to Miasma again, i quite like it. I dont care if its metalcore or melodeath or whatever, its good music IMO.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by Charlatan_001
The Black Dahlia Murder was a pretty gory thing dude... a lady got cut in half...

I know that it was a sick and twisted murder. I'm just saying the name for it is bad. Black Dahlia sounds like some rare flower.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
I know that it was a sick and twisted murder. I'm just saying the name for it is bad. Black Dahlia sounds like some rare flower.

Wait, what bands do you listen to? I'm certain that at least one of them has a name worse than The Black Dahlia Murder.
I've found Jesus
Haha, that was sweet, sigged
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

YES! I am sigged.

and i stand by my comments. If you name yourself after a murder, make it one with a sick name. For example Children of Bodom treads a thin line. It does sound kinda different, but it has a menacing air to it. Killings that end with "massacre" are pretty good.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
YES! I am sigged.

and i stand by my comments. If you name yourself after a murder, make it one with a sick name. For example Children of Bodom treads a thin line. It does sound kinda different, but it has a menacing air to it. Killings that end with "massacre" are pretty good.

Well, it's only cool if you know the story behind lake bodom and what happened to the kids their. Otherwise it sounds like a bunch of dudes who just watched children of the korn and put where they they just swam on the title.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

ok to end this off....****.......TBDM are melodic death metal. now talk about the band and not the genre of the ****in' band.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by RatSkull
Whatever you say. I still believe they have no relation to death metal(hell, their lyrics have very little to do about the topic of death anyways, their are just talking about their feelings). Any die-hard death metal fan who has a shit load of knowledge about death metal would tell you the same thing. But one day some band decides they wanna be melodic, emotional, and still be called "death metal" starts witting songs, now everyone puts them in the same category as bands who actually live up to their genre. It's bullshit. It's the kind of shit that is going to cause the downfall of death metal, now we'll have this HUGE wave of shitty-ass melodic metal bands calling themselves "death metal", and before we know it, death metal has no more meaning.

BDM lyrics:
(ignore the first and last 3 lines)
ear diary, tonight will be our last
My hands are itching for razors
My angel, this knife shall carve thee wings
Consumed by sickness, I ache to see your blood
The hour approaches when I shall lay a nest inside of you

Sliced open I lay waste to my desires
Sweet entrails are scooped onto the tile

And in my dreams I hold your head beneath the waves
After you've died, I kiss the nape of your porcelain neck
You enter me in death's perpetual embrace
Skin tightens in the throes of lust

And in my dreams I cut your mouth from ear to ear
Dissecting your angelic body in the quiet of your room
How splendidly I carve into your tender heart
Shuddering between the sheets

For weeks I've watched you, perched above your sleeping form
As I caress your perfection
My angel, I'll tear your insides out
My mind is flooding, the marrow of your bones
I cannot subside 'til I have suckled every inch of you

Your features now glazed in your own blood
My fingers find home amongst your guts

And in my dreams I hold your head beneath the waves
After you've died, I kiss the nape of your porcelain neck
You enter me in death's perpetual embrace
Skin tightens in the throes of lust

And in my dreams I cut your mouth from ear to ear
Dissecting your angelic body in the quiet of your room
How splendidly I carve into your tender heart
Shuddering between the sheets

Whisper your name as you awaken your throat gasps, your skin recoils
We shall be intertwined, entangled in our love
Murder beckons as time stops with your voice

"I'll love you forever" -- and forever it shall be
The knives begin singing, they're weeping for your flesh

The pinnacle of obsession is clawing at the fibers of my mind
The rampant state of elation is heightened by the paleness of your cries
With a promise of absolution, my thoughts are tangled in my creations
With a promise of unequaled pleasure, reason is twisting
The knives are crooning for this perfect end

For weeks I've watched you, perched above your sleeping form
As I caress your perfection
My angel, I'll tear your insides out
My mind is flooding, the marrow of your bones
I cannot subside 'til I have suckled every inch of you

I feel the fibers stretch and tear
Unbridled climax is achieved
I've waited so long for this moment
The euphoric act of suicide -- suicide!

Opeth lyrics:
(i still love opeth, but meh.)
In the name of desperation
I call your name
A lamentation I sigh
Again and again

Spiritual eclipse
The gateways are closed for me to seek

The night...
A veil of stars, watching
My shadow is born from light
The light of the eye, in darkness

Over troubled waters memories soar
Endlessly, searching night and day
The moonlight caresses a lonely hill
With the calmness of a whisper

I wear a naked soul
A blank face in the streaming water
It is cold in here
Frost scar my coat with dust

Eyes attach to your mute portrait
We spoke only through thoughts
Together we gazed, awaited
Hours brought thirst and the rising sun

Sunbirds leave their dark recesses
Shadows glid the archways

Do not turn your face towards me
Confronting me with my lonliness
You are in a forest unknown
The secret orchard
And your voice is vast and achromatic
But still so precious

Lullaby of the crescent moon took you
Mesmerized, its kaleidoscopic face
Granted you a hollow stare
Another soul within the divine herd

I have kept it
The Awakenth symbol
Hiddin inside the golden shrine
Until we rejoice in the meadow
Of the end
When we both walk the shadows
It will set ablaze and vanish
Black rose immortal

It is getting dark again
Dusk shuffle across the fields
The evening trees moan as if they knew
At night I always dream of you

and dont pull the 'opeth are progressive death metal and bdm are melodic death metal' they both have death metal in the name, so logically theyre close enough related, right?

and its not like everyones going "ZOMG TEH BLACK DAHLIA MURDAR ARE TEH NECKST CRYPTOPSY ROFL WAFL", but in my opinion they have more in common with suffocation then killswitch engage or kalmah, which in my book and obviously a lot of other peoples' opinions means that its close enough to be death metal, albeit experimental.
i, persnoally, think theyre metalcore, but in my top 5 bands nonetheless (which is BDM, Slayer, Opeth, Cannibal Corpse and Hate Eternal. i guess BDM = me being unbr00tal.)

either way, fuckin
^ROFL WAFL? What's that mean? lol Is that like...an Rofl waffle?

Anyways, dunno why you listed Kalmah with Killswitch, cuz Kalmah's melo-deth too. Hrmmm.
haha im not sure what i was gettin at with ROFL WAFL, i just think its fun to say out loud.

but as for Kalmah/KsE/Suffocation/BDM, here:

people saying BDM are melo death. i dont say so, cause Kalmah are and they sounds too different. (or CoB/In Flames/Norther/Wintersun)
people saying BDM are metal core ala KsE, but i think BDM are far too br00tal so to speak to be metalcore. (like As I Lay Dying/Trivium/Bullet For My Valentine/God Forbid)
Suffocation is straight up DM (like Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus or Decapitated), which i think BDM has the most closeness to, just with more melody.

actually i take back what i said before. im with the dude (gopher i think) from the first page. metalcore-ish music (all the harmonies and stylistic approach), but DM drums and vox. god knows what they are haha, but i dont think theyre melo death. same goes for amon amarth, come to think of it. but thats a different story.
lol Roffle Woffle is how I'd pronounce it...which is pretty fun to say...

Ah OK I see what you were saying now. Yeah they're pretty hard to categorize. I always considered them metalcore until one day I listed them in the Hardcore forum and was pwned about thirty-eight times.