jazkel24
UG Newbie
440 IQ
So... i had an idea...

well, ya know how theres contests and competitions on the main page? and how theres sometimes songwriting/lyric writing competitions? well, i had an idea...

so we make a UG contest, for.. hm... haven't gotten that far, but it could be something like best band video, or most creative chord progression or something... you get the point.

but basically, we need a reward. so i was wondering about having it, so that every person who enters into the competition throws in like a dollar or two, and the person/people who win get the money at the end, or something that UG buys with the money, like some new sets of strings or something...

i searched, and couldn't find a thread on this, so i'm posting it... what do you think? obviously it needs some work, ie. what the winner is based on, how to make it so you can't cheat, who can be unbiased judges, and of course how to collect money off everyone, but how would that be?

feel free to post, and flame, i don't care...

cheers.

~JAzkel24~
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
jazkel24
UG Newbie
440 IQ
mm... yeah, i suppose, but i reckon there could be enough people old enough, or willing to ask their parents for use of a credit card...

i don't know, it's just an idea, it needs some thought, and i'm really just putting it out there.
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Unbiased judges? Riiiight... Good luck with that.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
jazkel24
UG Newbie
440 IQ
I don't know mate, i mean, yeah the judges can be biased when you're voting on songs and stuff, and not getting anything for it, but you gots to be pretty brave to cheat when theres real money or prizes flying around...

or maybe have a group of say 10 that vote between themselves.
jimmiew
UG Fanatic
460 IQ
ya that would work...have an account set up on PayPal for UG and have it ran by some mod and what we COULD do is do it as a poll so that all of UG decides who wins.......but well have to like make sure only the person who creates the thread knows who did each song so that nobody can vote for someone just because theyre friends with them or something...just number the songs...thatd be cool...cause we could do as many threads with 10 as we need, take the winner from each one of those, starts threads for those people, then take the winners from there and just keep doing this till we have a winner
then announce the person who wrote that riff so every1 knows that they pwned the whole forum
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
cokeisbetter
Who?
1,905 IQ
Quote by paintITblack39
The winner should be modded for a day.

Actually, I think that UG would fight like mad for some free modship.
Rankles
2,481 IQ
The money idea is terrible, it's more like a pool or a gamble.

As for the idea of contests with rewards eh, they;ve been done before. Prize was Pit mod for a week.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
Quote by Rankles

As for the idea of contests with rewards eh, they;ve been done before. Prize was Pit mod for a week.

I'd love to be a pit mod for a week. Explain more about how these contests happened, please .
Sent from my iPad.
jazkel24
UG Newbie
440 IQ
Hey, that's a decent idea. But still, i reckon i wouldn't mind playing for even like $50 or a couple sets of guitar strings...

yeah to Jimmiew, the poll idea would be cool, if we could figure it out... so... anyone feel motivated to do anything about it?
IndieMetalhead
Is never online
1,124 IQ
Quote by Rankles

Needs to be done again. last one was ages ago
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
kirbyrocknroll
UG's Cannons King
2,342 IQ
I don't think it's a good idea. We have cover song and lyric competitions. How would we decide on a fitting prize? The money thing wouldn't be too much of a good reward...and UG can't give away free modship whenever someone wins...
jazkel24
UG Newbie
440 IQ
Get something with good retail value that most musicians could use- metronome or something, so if they didn't want it, they could flog it off to someone else. But the modship idea wouldn't be permanent, just mod for a couple of days or something.

The thing is, that's all we have, cover songs and lyrics competitions we don't have ones to reward original songs, or classical work, or um... other stuff (i think, if i'm wrong, tell me).
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Quote by Rankles

Prize, or forfeit?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
yawn
Be back later.
2,701 IQ
Involving money with it will only result in either lack of participation or attempts to secretly collaborate with the judges.

The prize should be an hour of free buttsecks with the mods.
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Needs to be done again. last one was ages ago

I like the modship for a week idea.
Sent from my iPad.
That_Pink_Queen
My Avatar Kills Fascists!
5,856 IQ
^That's no fun for the mods though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
kirbyrocknroll
UG's Cannons King
2,342 IQ
Quote by paintITblack39
I like the modship for a week idea.

Then most people will realize it's not all about banning stupid people for fun

And like That_Pink_Queen said, it's probably not fun for the mods.
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Then most people will realize it's not all about banning stupid people for fun

And like That_Pink_Queen said, it's probably not fun for the mods.

It's not????

<_<
>_>
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
kirbyrocknroll
UG's Cannons King
2,342 IQ
Quote by frenchyfungus
It's not????

<_<
>_>

It's all about being a good user and helping keep this place in order.

Just kidding, it's about lobster raping