Guys i need some tips on how to pick very fast on a bass. bassically i just want to be able to to tripelits in 4/4 time. any suggestions
(with a pick)
Bass Reaper
Last edited by Bass Reaper at Oct 14, 2006,
ok, it hugely depends on the tempo but just keep practicing. I play guitar but i can play pretty fast considering i've only been playing for 2 years. My only tips, practice a lot and use a new pick, old mangled ones tend to stick/drag on the strings with me.
Gooby Pls.
Last edited by MaAal_MaAan at Oct 14, 2006,
Thicker the pick the better.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

practice. tripplets are fairly easy, with a pick you shouldn't have any problem
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
you just have to practice. I've only been playing for 3 months and luckily i picked it up quick as friends tell me. It all comes in good time. I learnt by playing the verse to pull harder on the strings of your martyr. Which is pretty quick. And avoid thin piks. I'd say no thinner than 1mm.
I Ran With Scissors......And Lived
Hold the pick between your thumb and first finger. Do the following in rapid succession:

pick down
pick up
flick middle finger out

Have a rolling motion to your wrist so that the end of the middle finger traces out a circle. This, in flamenco, is known as a rasqueado, and you can use this to strum triplets very rapidly.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!