NovemberRain273
I don't like Guns n Roses
5,451 IQ
Heres an iron maiden type song i just made for a bunch of lyrics i wrote. i havent done the drums or bass yet, so it sounds a little lifeless during the verse and stuff. any crits are appreciated remember, crit for crit

EDIT: go to third post for the new version
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Oct 14, 2006,
Jaykib
UG's Jaykib
331 IQ
Reminded me of A7X more than Iron Maiden, but definately had that Judas Priest/Iron Maiden blues touch... I liked that alot dude, seriously if it was an instrumental piece I'd pick up the CD, keep up with that good stuff.

EDIT:
Oh with the intro/outro, where it does triplets I reccomend holding the last not as an eigth not sixteenth so when you go into the next riffage the open string isn't so shocking, a hold in note would sound sweet there... Your song, I'm just advising what I think sounds cool, other than that, perfect, I liked it alot and the harmonizing is superb.

EDIT 2:
Scrap my idea, upon another listen it's great, it was the GP sound that was putting me off.
Final impression - 9/10, great.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Last edited by Jaykib at Oct 14, 2006,
NovemberRain273
5,451 IQ
Ok i added drums and bass and i think the end result is amazing. Im really happy with it. Im gonna record soon so, look out for that
Attachments:
a silent path to freedom.zip

nexteyenate
UG's Passafire Fan
1,590 IQ
This is by far the best song I've seen on UG. It definitely captured the sound of Iron Maiden and the intro was perfect. the chord progression was great and was also very Iron Maid-esque. You should definitely keep up the good work. 10/10
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
It was pretty good. I liked the intro, especially when the drums came in. The verse and chorus were kind of repetative, but still alright. I loved the harmony part right after. The harmony part before the solo was awesome, and the solo was pretty sweet. 7.9/10.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6890620

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445715
ouchies
UG's OG
1,613 IQ
i liked it a lot, my favorite parts by far were the prechorus and the interludes.
siddyjain
Mr Coffee
629 IQ
isn't the 0-7-12 part in the intro already used in paschendale by Maiden?
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
chris_122
1,208 IQ
I haven't heard a NovemberRain273 song in a while lol. This song was very different from what I'm used to hearing from you. At first, during the verses, I was wondering "Where are the leads?", but then when they came in I was like "Ahh, there we go" lol. Also, not as upbeat as your other songs, but when the second solo came in I was pleased. Again, very different from other songs I've heard from before, but still done very well. I also liked the strings, that's always a nice addition. Only complaint is when the Drums Enter, the lead riff just doesn't seem to fit in IMO.

Overall, I liked it. Good lead, good rhythm, good song. Great job!
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
NovemberRain273
5,451 IQ
Thanks for the crits guys, glad u liekd it

expecially from u chris (same name as me lol) that was an interesting crit lol. thanks !

aprescott_27
Friggatriskaidekaphobic
859 IQ
I'm not a big Iron Maiden fan, so I kind of found this song a bit boring (maybe some lyrics would fix that ...) I did like the solo and the triplet leads in the middle of the song, though.

I didn't really care for the intro/outro. Just didn't do it for me.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
psychotim
975 IQ
Yeah it was realy good. i liked the intro, the end and all the harmony parts best.

And the harmony stuff was realy great.

Only thing i didnt like was the rhythem guitar in the intro witch didnt quite fit.

Please crit my songs. I have just fixed my sig, so they should be there.
TinTin8
452 IQ
i think the intro is a bit over played ... to long imo gets kind of boring ... rest of song is amazing though
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info