So, I got my laptop yesterday, and I couldn't help but realize how difficult it is to browse UG with a widescreen moniter or screen.

I want to suggest some kind of optiono you can turn on in your User CP or "My Account" area that increases the left/right margins of the website so that the text is larger and more can be fit on the screen.

There is more side bar than actual UG. Plus, tabs are a bitch to read.

Its not really a big deal, but if something could be done, it would make my browsing experience so much more pleasureable. Thanks UG team!!

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Agreed, it's kinda annoying.

Mine's not as bad as yours though, my UG takes up about 2/3 of the screen.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
You could increase the text size in Mozilla. see if that helps with the text. as for the margins, its to be expected as if they made it without margins then smaller screen users (or people who cant change the resolution due to restrictions on the computers in college) would have half a ton of right scrolling to do.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
you know, it isnt compulsory to fill the screen with your windows. thats the size it is for me, but it doesnt look so bad because i dont have my windows ridiculously overwide. i have them the right size.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
thats true. but in a window the text would still be tiny. i think thats his main problem.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
thats bizzare. the text in mine isnt tiny. if his text is small, thats because of how he has it set on his computer.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
You could increase the text size in Mozilla. see if that helps with the text. as for the margins, its to be expected as if they made it without margins then smaller screen users (or people who cant change the resolution due to restrictions on the computers in college) would have half a ton of right scrolling to do.

The text size is fine for every other site though... its just this one that seems so tiny.

Hold Ctrl and scroll down...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
^That doesn't increase the margins, and it makes every other site have larger font size. I dont have any problems with other sites.

If you actually took time to READ some of what I said, you'd understand that

Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

So, I got my laptop yesterday, and I couldn't help but realize how difficult it is to browse UG with a widescreen moniter or screen.

I want to suggest some kind of optiono you can turn on in your User CP or "My Account" area that increases the left/right margins of the website so that the text is larger and more can be fit on the screen.

There is more side bar than actual UG. Plus, tabs are a bitch to read.

Its not really a big deal, but if something could be done, it would make my browsing experience so much more pleasureable. Thanks UG team!!

To me, the text doesn't really look that small. The margins can be a good thing sometimes. Like, when you're in the pic thread and the pictures are so big that you have to scroll to the sides and such. That wouldn't happen with the widescreens as much as regular resolution.
Sent from my iPad.
^I never go into the Pit, and all non-Pit UGer's know how to resize an image.

wow a snapshot directly from inkys computer! I must put this on ebay before before before!

its too late!
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
^That doesn't increase the margins, and it makes every other site have larger font size. I dont have any problems with other sites.

If you actually took time to READ some of what I said, you'd understand that

i dont see the text size problem. thats the size of mine. you just think its small because of the space off to the sides. you need to size your windows properly, itll be less annoying and make better use of your screen.

anyway, you'll get used to it.
Quote by paintITblack39
Like, when you're in the pic thread and the pictures are so big that you have to scroll to the sides and such. That wouldn't happen with the widescreens as much as regular resolution.

I have an extension in firefox which allows me to zoom in/out on pictures. It also has a handy 'resize to fit page' function, which makes me invunerable to being bothered by excessively large pictures...
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I have an extension in firefox which allows me to zoom in/out on pictures. It also has a handy 'resize to fit page' function, which makes me invunerable to being bothered by excessively large pictures...

Link?
Sent from my iPad.
I got used to it after a few days. it was a shocker the first 2 hours I had my computer. I went onto my old computer today, and everything looks so blocky and huge and nasty. Now it looks nice and clean. I'm happy. Sorry for starting the thread. Keep up the good work UG!

Quote by Pan-Tallica
Thaaank you.

It's actually a really neat add-on.

What happened to the Mets avatar?
Sent from my iPad.