Page 1 of 18
They've become one of my favorite bands and I think they're amazing songwriters. Opinions on the band?
Sent from my iPad.
I heart Pavement.

Stephen Malkmus' solo stuff ain't bad either.
Wade in the water, child.
i'm just a boy with a new haircut
"that's a pretty nice haircut!"

pavement have influenced stuff like modest mouse and spoon and everything. brilliant stuff.
I used to really like them, but recently I've gone off them a bit.
They write cool songs though.
I used to dislike them...but now I dig em. Can't wait for the reissues of Wowee Zowee to come out
I like Pavement, but sometimes listening to them for too long starts to... not so much bore me, but tax me. It's so lo-fi. Fantastic songwriting, but I have to admit my un-indie love for good production.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Love 'em, but haven't listened in a while.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
One of my favorite bands ever. Unlike most people, I like Slanted and Enchanted a helluva lot more than Crooked Rain Crooked Rain. Slanted and Enchanted is great pop/rock/indie, and Crooked Rain is like Weezer with a smirk, and Weezer just doesnt work with a smirk!
Quote by Mild Vibe
One of my favorite bands ever. Unlike most people, I like Slanted and Enchanted a helluva lot more than Crooked Rain Crooked Rain. Slanted and Enchanted is great pop/rock/indie, and Crooked Rain is like Weezer with a smirk, and Weezer just doesnt work with a smirk!

I also prefer Slanted & Enchanted. Summer babe and Trigger Cut are ingenious songs.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
One of my favorites.

yeah, you like them SO much that you didn't even include them in your favorite groups...
Quote by I Play Guitar!
yeah, you like them SO much that you didn't even include them in your favorite groups...

No need to be a Prick about it...
Pavement was amazing the Jicks aren't terrible but they are no Pavement

All that I want is a Shady Lane
Quote by I Play Guitar!

Thank you for letting me know. I'll add them now.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
No need to be a Prick about it...

He is just being a bitch because I don't like the Saw series, and talk about it in every Saw thread, and apparently it annoys him...
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Thank you for letting me know. I'll add them now.
He is just being a bitch because I don't like the Saw series, and talk about it in every Saw thread, and apparently it annoys him...

Lol @ Saw.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

the first Saw was actually quite good. The second one not so much. It's aquired taste, really.

As for Pavement... I've been digging them a lot lately. Crooked....is a great record.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by RHCPhysco8
the first Saw was actually quite good. The second one not so much. It's aquired taste, really.

I thought Saw 1 was watchable, but the retards that I know (and the retards here, believe it or not) that worship the steaming pile of below-par Hollywood crap as the greatest 'horror' movie to hit the planet, really ruined it (more). As if that weren't enough, Saw 2 came along (which didn't need any ruining, although that didn't stop anyone from trying to do just that) and pushed my hatred to the limits that I didn't know existed.

(Vote for me: Best Alt/Indie Regula [when does that come around again?])
Quote by uhh_me?
I used to dislike them...but now I dig em. Can't wait for the reissues of Wowee Zowee to come out

Same here .
Sent from my iPad.
What's everyones favorite song at the moment?

I like

Shady Lane
Stop Breathing
Silence Kit
Sent from my iPad.
I only have Crooked Rain, but my favourites off that one are Silence Kit, Cut Your Hair and Gold Soundz. Silence Kit steals the vocal melody off of some old song everyone knows but don't know the name of, but I still really like it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Gold Soundz or Cut Your Hair
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I hope the Reissue is as cheap as the others. SE and CRCR double discs (48 tracks) for $15 bucks each. I probably won't get the reissue if it isn't the same price.

**** homie....the cheapest I seen the reissues for new is like 20something
I just had to show you guys this sweet deal.

http://www.wow-out.com/overview.php

...and both saw movies do suck. I hate how all these high school kids claim them to be genius, when they are not even remotely clever. They basically just borrow from (the much better movie) Se7en.
Hmm, I shall convince the parents to buy me that for my birthday....only they have no idea how to use a computer, damn

Oh also....a while ago somewhere I saw some online comic thingy that was about Stephen Malkmus...anyone know where to find it? It was like:
Person 1) I like to go to concerts and say hey did you see Stephen Malkmus over there and watch all the hipsters look around
Is Wowee Zowee worth buying for a fan of Slanted and Enchanted-ish soudding Pavement, and people who like some, but not all, of Crooked Rain
Last edited by Mild Vibe at Oct 25, 2006,
Yeah. Wowee Zowee's good.

To tell you the truth, I really dislike most of Crooked Rain.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by Mild Vibe
Is Wowee Zowee worth buying for a fan of Slanted and Enchanted-ish soudding Pavement, and people who like some, but not all, of Crooked Rain

Wowee Zowee is more varied and experimental than any other Pavement record.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Wowee Zowee is more varied and experimental than any other Pavement record.

Mkay, thanks, I'll defidently check it out
Quote by Mild Vibe
Mkay, thanks, I'll defidently check it out

Thats what it said in the little paper thing that came with Terror Twilight and Brighten the Corners.

Sent from my iPad.
So I just pre-ordered my copy of Wowee Zowee....also it seems that no one has been able to find that webcomic that I requested...oh well, but if you do find it let me know
What? Where'd you get it? I ordered mine from insound and it just shipped today...I preordered it 10/30