Page 2 of 18

The cover it came from was all white, and I can't find the poster right now.
Sent from my iPad.
I just got it in the mail the other day...but it went to my house so I couldn't listen to it until I went home yesterday being that I'm at college...so far I dig it...and the poster is mucho cool
I'm probibly gonna pick it up soon. My posters don't really reflect my musical tastes all that much, so it'll be a pretty cool bonus.
aww man i'm so bummed i missed all that bonus stuff from the pre-order. I just bought my copy of the Wowee Zowee re-issue at a local music shop, but nonetheless, it kicks ass!!

Long live the awesome band Pavement!!
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Quote by Mild Vibe
I'm probibly gonna pick it up soon. My posters don't really reflect my musical tastes all that much, so it'll be a pretty cool bonus.

I think you missed the poster...it was part of the pre-order deal.
Quote by falloutboy
ive heard one EP by these guys and i wanna pick up a cd real bad, which should I get?

Either get the reissue of Slanted & Enchanted or Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain.

They're just a wonderful band with amazing lyrics.

I got their DVD, Slow Century and I just figured out Stop Breathin' is supposedly about Tennis. Or that's what my brother said. But still, Tennis? Stephen Malkmus = God.
Sent from my iPad.
the first Pavement album that got me hooked was the deluxe reissue of Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain... It's got A LOT of awesome bonus songs to really get a feel for who Pavement is and what their music is all about... After that, I got hooked on the reissue of Wowee Zowee, and personally, it's my favorite album, and it hasn't left my cd player since i bought it
Current Rig:

Quote by paintITblack39
Either get the reissue of Slanted & Enchanted or Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain.

They're just a wonderful band with amazing lyrics.

I got their DVD, Slow Century and I just figured out Stop Breathin' is supposedly about Tennis. Or that's what my brother said. But still, Tennis? Stephen Malkmus = God.

According to the Crooked Rain Crooked Rain Deluxe Edition liner notes:

"Stop Breathing" A civil war song

"Although it's about war, there is a deliberate double entendre about volleys and tennis. The title is supposed to be being shouted by some challenger who's losing in the U.S. open. You know how they start gettingn upset at the slightest noise? Well, he's telling the crowd to 'Stop Breathing'. Literally."
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
According to the Crooked Rain Crooked Rain Deluxe Edition liner notes:

"Stop Breathing" A civil war song

"Although it's about war, there is a deliberate double entendre about volleys and tennis. The title is supposed to be being shouted by some challenger who's losing in the U.S. open. You know how they start gettingn upset at the slightest noise? Well, he's telling the crowd to 'Stop Breathing'. Literally."

Ahh yes, have you seen the notes for 'Range Life'? Its something about how Stephen Malkmus wants to fight Billy Corgan and then he says just kidding.
Sent from my iPad.
awww haha Range Life is like my favorite Pavement song... but I always felt it was about this carefree perfect summer afternoon... i dunno, that's how it always hit me
Current Rig:

What the hell I still haven't got my preorder in the mail!

I'm getting impatient here.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by hippyskier
awww haha Range Life is like my favorite Pavement song... but I always felt it was about this carefree perfect summer afternoon... i dunno, that's how it always hit me

Billy Corgan hates Malkmus for that song. It's actually pretty funny. Smashing Pumpkins didn't want to perform Lollapalooza one year because Pavement was performing. Pavement had do dropout. They played next year though.
Sent from my iPad.
i'm about to get the first two cds, i read somewhere that Wowee Zowee was their best ablum, and i know/heard Slanted Enchanted and Crooked Rain Crooked Rain were their best also, i'm getting the first 2 nonetheless, but do you guys think Wowee Zowee's the best?

Right now Wowee Zowee is my favorite, but their first two are considered to be their best.
Sent from my iPad.
"Stephen Malkmus' solo stuff ain't bad either."

I actually prefer his solo stuff to some Pavement records. Face the Truth is a great, great record and he's a lot of fun live.
malkmus' first solo album is just awful. there are a few gems like 'church on white', but they don't save the album. i remember pig lib blowing me away back in 2003. and face the truth was a good album, but got old really fast.

as for pavement, i finally got around to getting the wowee zowee reissue today. didn't feel so bad about getting it after finding the pacific trim ep was thrown in with it. i remember reading scott said something when the slanted reissue came out, that they had enough songs to keep doing reissues all the way up to brighten the corners.
Wowee Zowee: Sordid Sentinels [Reissue] has been rocking my speakers since i got it back in November haha... I can't put it down. Disc one is solid with the original full length album and a ton of extras... Disc Two follows suit with some sweet session songs, a nice BBC session and an AWESOME live in Australia show - plus some more songs.

In total, the reissue is 50 songs and absolutely rocks... so many genres, so many great lyrics and catchy riffs. Pavement really rocks the house when it comes to reissues - clearly, they're doing it for the fans.

You'll LOVE Wowee Zowee!!!
Current Rig:

I just bought Sordid Sentinels as a little pre-christmas gift for myself today. So far I have Slanted and Enchanted, CRCR (neither of them reissues) and Sordid Sentinels.. I love them all.
[SIZE=
Quote by SupImJimmy
I just bought Sordid Sentinels as a little pre-christmas gift for myself today. So far I have Slanted and Enchanted, CRCR (neither of them reissues) and Sordid Sentinels.. I love them all.

if you like slanted, you should really look into getting the reissue. i think the watery, domestic session songs on disc 2 of the reissue are better than slanted
Quote by SupImJimmy

Yeah you should have gotten the reissues, just because of the extra songs, outtakes and live performances.
Sent from my iPad.
so I just got Terror Twilight...and its not as exciting as the earlier Pavement albums
i just bought the reissue of crooked rain crooked rain, and i absolutly love it. they have a very refreshing sound to me. at the moment i think my favorite is either stop breathing, unfair, or range life. there are so many good songs on these. best use of 15 bucks i've spent in a long time.
Quote by uhh_me?
so I just got Terror Twilight...and its not as exciting as the earlier Pavement albums

terror twilight (aka malkmus' first solo album)
pavement is alright. I think they've been on this earth for a while.
Rock Out With Your Cock Out
Quote by ROWYCO
pavement is alright. I think they've been on this earth for a while.

On?

I think I've misquoted your statement. Can you be a little more clear?
Sent from my iPad.
their feet have been moving on the same ground beneath your's for quite some time now.
Rock Out With Your Cock Out
i picked up crooked rain crooked rain recently and it's so excellent. pavement are what i thought indie rock was supposed to sound like back when i was younger and had no idea about anything. just amazing.

i'm also really really digging the song major leagues. o btw what's you guys' interpretation of that one? i'd be interested to know b/c i hear hints of priests and christianity and that whole ballgame first base, second base kinda thing.
Quote by starsnostars
malkmus lives in the chicago suburbs? news to me

Does he really?

I thought he lived in Oregon somewhere.
Sent from my iPad.
i had picked up Crooked Rain a while back but never really liked it for some reason, i love(d) Slanted and Wowee Zowee but never really understood Crooked, but now i do, i've been listening to it for some time now

Quote by Doolittle
i had picked up Crooked Rain a while back but never really liked it for some reason, i love(d) Slanted and Wowee Zowee but never really understood Crooked, but now i do, i've been listening to it for some time now

Heh, same here. I guess it's one of those albums that continue to grow on you.

Although I still think Wowee Zowee is their best album.
Sent from my iPad.
I like them, and so do Pitchfork, which is one of the few instances in which I've agreed with Pitchfork on anything.
Quote by paintITblack39
Heh, same here. I guess it's one of those albums that continue to grow on you.

Although I still think Wowee Zowee is their best album.

same At&T is such a good song

Quote by uhh_me?

I really like it TBH, but then I got into pavement in a wierd route to most people

Brighten The Corners, then Terror Twilight, then just played those to death for about 6 years, then I got Crooked Rain Crooked Rain when I got recommended it on here (can't remember who, but it was good advice ) and then finally Slanted & Enchanted.

So songs like Major Leagues, Carrot Rope, Spit on a Stranger are in my personal top 10 of Pavement tracks (as is the Carrot Rope b-side Harness Your Hopes)

I never got any Malkmus solo stuff, not sure why, but if it's similar to the stuff on TT then I might have to make an effort to do so...
Wow, I just got Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain and it's really great. My favourite tracks are probably Stop Breathin' and Cut Your Hair, as of right now. I just love lo-fi music. It makes the music become more alive, in a way.
Quote by European Son
Wow, I just got Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain and it's really great. My favourite tracks are probably Stop Breathin' and Cut Your Hair, as of right now. I just love lo-fi music. It makes the music become more alive, in a way.

good for you. it always makes me happy knowing people love pavement.

speaking of pavement love, i just ordered brighten the corners therefore completing my pavement collection. hopefully they don't reissue the album this year because then i will will have to buy it twice.
Wheres the love for the track they did for that Dutch TV thing back in '97, "For Sale: The Preston School of Industry"?

Oh yeah.