Page 3 of 18
^ and architechture! i love how it looks like malkmus is just improvising everything while spiral stairs is concentrating so hard.
From what I've heard so far I absolutely love this band. I just bought Slanted and Enchanted off of amazon and am waiting for it to come in. I know I won't be disappointed.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Wheres the love for the track they did for that Dutch TV thing back in '97, "For Sale: The Preston School of Industry"?

Oh yeah.

for me, i can't stand any song scott sings on. the song is also where scott got the name for his band! i remember the clip showed up on youtube a while back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ofAp0dK40
Quote by starsnostars
for me, i can't stand any song scott sings on. the song is also where scott got the name for his band! i remember the clip showed up on youtube a while back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ofAp0dK40

is there a list of songs that scott sings? i wasn't aware that he did many, but then again i am horrid at distinguishing between different singers even if they have distinct voices
Quote by uhh_me?
is there a list of songs that scott sings? i wasn't aware that he did many, but then again i am horrid at distinguishing between different singers even if they have distinct voices

i can't think of a list off the top of my head, but he did usally two or so on every album. except terror twilight, i don't remember him having a track on that album- it was pretty much a malkmus solo album. come to think of it, i think he had a few songs on the major leagues ep
Last edited by starsnostars at Apr 10, 2007,
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
From what I've heard so far I absolutely love this band. I just bought Slanted and Enchanted off of amazon and am waiting for it to come in. I know I won't be disappointed.

You're gonna love it.

There's so many great songs off that album.
Quote by Doolittle
same At&T is such a good song

I've came to the conclusion that AT&T is either about everything or nothing.
Sent from my iPad.
i drew a picture of stephen malkmus today in class when i was supposed to be learning about pride and prejudice, that book is the worst thing i have read since high school.

How amazing is that?

Oh man, that mouth is priceless.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by uhh_me?
i drew a picture of stephen malkmus today in class when i was supposed to be learning about pride and prejudice, that book is the worst thing i have read since high school.

How amazing is that?

You've got the hair correct.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by uhh_me?

How amazing is that?

Isn't his guitar a little.... too big?
I only have one song by pavement right now, "Cut Your Hair", and I love that song, but I feel ashamed that I don't have more Pavement. So what album should I get First? I know alot of you are going to say slanted and enchanted (Thats ok, I have nothing against that), but as someone who starting out on pavement, what do you suggest.
On the way to god don't know
my brain's the burger and my heart's the coal
I started on Brighten The Corners, and then worked into it from there, and I found it a very accesible route. I think if I'd started out on CR,CR it would have never happened :p
These guys are amazing. Love every single song of Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain.
Yeah.. I've basically been listening to nothing but Pavement for about a month now. I've got all three reissues, Brighten the Corners, and Terror Twilight. The DVD is in the mail. What a band...
[SIZE=
My favorite album by them changed into Slanted & Enchanted. There's something that album has that Crooked Rain and Wowee Zowee don't have.
Sent from my iPad.
I got slanted and enchanted, and so far I think its pretty good. Fav. Tracks, "Summer Babe (Winter Version)","In the mouth a desert", and "Conduit for sale!".
On the way to god don't know
my brain's the burger and my heart's the coal
My favorite track in that album (and perhaps their entire career) is Loretta Scars.
Sent from my iPad.
The best band of the last 20 years (that I've heard, in my opinion, etc. etc.). I bought CRCR almost on impulse having had it recommended to me (I'm not really much of an "Indie Kid" TM) but they have something special. I love that they aren't afraid to show their influences. All that pedal steel on Wowee Zowee, for example.
Quote by paintITblack39
My favorite track in that album (and perhaps their entire career) is Loretta Scars.

i know! i love that song! if my life was a movie, the cliche montage where i walk around the school hallways, Zurich is Stainded would be playing.

Quote by Doolittle
i know! i love that song! if my life was a movie, the cliche montage where i walk around the school hallways, Zurich is Stainded would be playing.

That's my second favorite song off that album.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by somewhat_here
stereo makes me laugh every time.

same
what about the voice of geddy lee
how did it get so high?
i wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy?
i know him and he does!

hehe, that always makes me laugh since one of my friends is a rush geek
there was this one song from the crooked rain double reissue where the lyrics sound totally improvised. the one about wanting to **** a woman someday but he doesn't have a real steady job at the moment. haha i dunno what to make of that.
****ing love that song! Great atmosphere & melody on that one.

Bits I can remember

Plugs without a socket,
There's no moon without a rocket.
Holes if you could lock it,
Let's smoke some butts Steve - let's smoke some butts, come on
something about tying knots in girls' foreheads
someday I'd like to **** a woman and make one
but I don't have a real steady job

Good old Spiral Stairs!
There are some amazing bonus tracks on CRCR reissue though... I'm listening to disc 1 at the moment.
Raft, Coolin' By Sound, Strings of Nashville, Unseen Power of the Picket Fence (hilarious!)...
I love how Malkmus just randomly puts things in his songs. Like in Chelsea's Little Scars, he does some insane thing at the end where he sounds like a struggling baby or something.
Sent from my iPad.
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain clicked for me last night. What a great album. I need to go out and get the special edition now :>

Edit: Grounded is possibly the greatest song ever written in the history of music
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Last edited by Fugazirancid at May 7, 2007,
^ and fun to play.

i can't believe how much pavement have influenced my playing in the few months i've been listening to them. don't believe me? check out my music in my sig
Slanted and Enchanted is by far the best, along with Westing (By Musket and Sextant). Crooked Rain comes close third, then Wowee Zowee. Terror Twilight is pretty poor, fair play to them for expanding their horizons a bit but it's a real shame the fruits of that was 'Terror Twilight'.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...