Page 4 of 18
I like Terror Twilight, just sounds a bit more serious.

But Slanted & Enchanted is just amazing. I seriously don't know how it's not considered to be the greatest album of all time.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by uhh_me?
pavement=sexy
just wanted to let you all know that

Pfft, I've known that
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
But Slanted & Enchanted is just amazing. I seriously don't know how it's not considered to be the greatest album of all time.

Sgt.Peppers
Pet Sounds
Vevlet Underground and Nico
Are You Experienced?
Who's Next?
Dark Side of the Moon
London Calling

It's better than all of those, Velvet Underground and Nico is as good.

I don't understand why people seem to think a record has to be over 25 years old to be considered one of the best.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
Better than Sgt. Pepper, Dark Side, and Are You Experienced? I haven't heard Slanted but surely it's not that great?

It is, seriously. And it won't bore the **** out of you like Dark Side and Sergeant Peppers.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
I REALLY need to buy this record then.

Definitely.
Slanted and Enchanted is not the best album ever. It's not even the best of the 90s. And BTW, Sgt. Peppers is not at all boring. I can understand why you'd say that about DSOTM, but not Sgt. Peppers.

But it's my favourite Pavement album. You should try and get the Luxe and Reduxe version.
Last edited by xX*Zeppelin*Xx at Jun 3, 2007,
DDN tops S+E
but i would probably put both of those in my top 25 albums ever

oh a plus, mr grungemonkey...don't advertise your band in here do it in some other place...
Quote by somewhat_here
^ and fun to play.

i can't believe how much pavement have influenced my playing in the few months i've been listening to them. don't believe me? check out my music in my sig

take notes mr. grungemonkey

you know what i like about pavement though? (and i mean especially like) i think it's so interesting how the two guitars and vocals each have their own melodies but they complement each other so well. (sometimes the guitar lines are pretty much the vocal melody) this also makes it pretty damn hard to figure out how to play them. eg. gold soundz, at&t

but no i wasn't plugging my stuff at all, i just wanted to show how true it was.
Quote by I Play Guitar!
Sgt.Peppers
Pet Sounds
Vevlet Underground and Nico
Are You Experienced?
Who's Next?
Dark Side of the Moon
London Calling

That's all Classic Rock, if anyone considers every CR album to be the greatest, then they've got a problem with them. Music was just as good as it was back then and now.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
That's all Classic Rock, if anyone considers every CR album to be the greatest, then they've got a problem with them. Music was just as good as it was back then and now.

that's because you said the greatest album of all time. not the greatest indie/alternative album.

plus, The Clash aren't CR.
Quote by I Play Guitar!
that's because you said the greatest album of all time. not the greatest indie/alternative album.

plus, The Clash aren't CR.

I didn't see the Clash in there, but when you listed these "greatest albums of all time" you listed mostly all Classic Rock albums, and I will be the first to admit, that I do enjoy all the albums you've listed, but it just annoyed me because that whole list reminds of the entire classic rock elitist thing.
Sent from my iPad.
This threads been gone for wayyyyyy to long. I finally picked up Terror Twilight and Brighten the corners after having S&E, Wowee Zowee, and CRCR for ages. I'd have to say that pavement have quickly climed to the top of my favorite bands. My favorite albums would have to be 1. Slanted and Enchanted 2. Wowee Zowee 3. Crooked Rain Crooked Rain. Bring this thread back to life!!
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
ok. so i listened to westing... last week. i guess they had to start somewhere. at least it had box elder but the peel session one from wowee zowee was better imo.
i think my favorite albums go:

Crooked Rain Crooked Rain, wowee Zowee, Slanted & Enchanted, Brighten The corners

Those are the only ones i have, it seems like CRCR doesnt get as much credit as i think it deserves. It's an Amazing album though one of my all time favorites.
Quote by somewhat_here
ok. so i listened to westing... last week. i guess they had to start somewhere. at least it had box elder but the peel session one from wowee zowee was better imo.

Can't take the noise? WIMP.
Quote by paintITblack39
... that whole list reminds of the entire classic rock elitist thing.

I don't think "elitist" is the right term, because there's thousands of them. I think "classic rock repeatist" is better, to coin a term.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
I don't think "elitist" is the right term, because there's thousands of them. I think "classic rock repeatist" is better, to coin a term.

agree! agree!

Quote by YourLastAffront
Can't take the noise? WIMP.

i dunno i just couldn't get into it as much. maybe it was b/c i was writing cover letters and applying for jobs online at the time, it was like one ear out the other.
Quote by Unseen_hero
We got the money!!!

Seeing Malkmus at pitchfork this weekend.

Lucky, I would've went, but there's always something holding me back
Sent from my iPad.
^Yeah, it'd usually be really easy for me to go there, but then I have no car at the moment, and I don't know anyone who's into the music I'm into as much as I am.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
^Yeah, it'd usually be reallyI don't know anyone who's into the music I'm into as much as I am.

This is the problem I had when I wanted to see Battles.
it seems like it
and we all know concerts are not nearly as much fun alone (although that does make it easier to get up to the frontish)
It depends.
I went to a gig at an art school, classic rock band playing.
I wanted to go up front and headbang and what not but my friends holded me down.
I hate that.
I ended up going anyway bcuz there were other people I knew.

In the end what sucks most is having no one to talk to about the show and going home alone.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
^Yep, that's what I'm afraid of. I asked my brother if he'd go with me (mostly because his music tastes and my music tastes are completely the same) but he just doesn't like concerts. I was surprised at his reaction because he's always wanted to see Pavement (if not Stephen Malkmus) live.
Sent from my iPad.
how can someone who likes music dislike concerts? it's like what all of us live for, shows!
EXACTLY!
i love going to shows, i only wish there were decent shows near me
all i get is top 40 radio garbage
and i need to drive 2 hours either way to get to a good show
Quote by paintITblack39
^Yep, that's what I'm afraid of. I asked my brother if he'd go with me (mostly because his music tastes and my music tastes are completely the same) but he just doesn't like concerts. I was surprised at his reaction because he's always wanted to see Pavement (if not Stephen Malkmus) live.

Your brother is strange. No offense, but that's just weird. Perhaps he's had some bad live experiences or something?
Man.... I was in Chicago just a few days ago. I wanted to stay another week to catch the festival, but noooooo ...
[SIZE=
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Maybe the masses of idiots and douche bags?

While speaking of concerts....

...check out the Animal Collective thread!

they sure don't stop me from enjoying my show.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
Your brother is strange. No offense, but that's just weird. Perhaps he's had some bad live experiences or something?

Read what Dorkus said. I think that's the main reason. I personally can't stand that many people myself.
Sent from my iPad.