Page 4 of 4
Beyond Sanctorum is like the Nespithe of its style. You don't even need to understand what metal is to understand the purpose behind the music.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
What do you guys think is the most epic orchestral Therion track?

Voyage of Gurdjieff.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Beyond Sanctorum

How is that orchestral?

Quote by Sewe Dae
Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah, I'd say.

Anyone heard the new album yet? I have... and I'm disappointed to say the least.

Sitra Ahra? I haven't. I have a policy of only buying used CDs and I haven't seen one come up yet.
Last edited by the spiker at Mar 23, 2011,
Sodom and Gomorrah for the absolute motherfucking win...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by the spiker

How is that orchestral?

Because it doesn't resort to sterile Nightwisery and la dee da "symphonies" that sound like they were tacked on top of the lame distortion as an after thought.

Beyond Sanctorum actually sums up to an orchestral achievement, by Metal standards at least.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Therion? That band who did that horrible Green Manalishi cover?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Senor Kristian? That poster who did that horrible posting?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Ha!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Because it doesn't resort to sterile Nightwisery and la dee da "symphonies" that sound like they were tacked on top of the lame distortion as an after thought..

Sums it up nicely. Think of the standard orchestrations you've heard all these years, the ones that seemed very unnatural and purposeless. Beyond Sanctorum does exactly the opposite of that.

I have Celebrators of Becoming - need to watch those DVDs sometime. The performances in Mexico with Mats Leven are awesome.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Mar 23, 2011,
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Senor Kristian? That poster who did that horrible posting?

Well played.

Was actually hoping for a rebuttal containing songs that might change my opinion!

Did you enjoy that cover though?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
I'll continue my relentless Therion hype despite of the feedback. Recently I've been more in to the symphonic stuff - Gothic Kabbalah mainly, but also Ho Drakon Ho Megas, which I consider as the start of the slide into the band we know them today as.

Could someone recommend me a studio album of theirs that could stand up to Gothic Kabbalah, Secret of the Tunes and Live Gothic?
Quote by Ozzy87_2
I'll continue my relentless Therion hype despite of the feedback. Recently I've been more in to the symphonic stuff - Gothic Kabbalah mainly, but also Ho Drakon Ho Megas, which I consider as the start of the slide into the band we know them today as.

Could someone recommend me a studio album of theirs that could stand up to Gothic Kabbalah, Secret of the Tunes and Live Gothic?

Vovin 
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I've always liked Gothic Kabbalah. Can't really resist the theatrical opera vibe of that album.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Kytokinesis 
That's what I always liked about Therion, there were never really "consistent" in terms of genre. There is something for everyone in their discography, but their orchestral work is truly amazing for me.
Quote by Kytokinesis
So apparently their next album is gonna be a 3 CD rock opera.

Yeah, I'll buy the shit out of it
Quote by the spiker
My favorite therion song is In Remembrance from that '97 album a'arab... I love the vocals tied in with the guitars. Its like an orgasm for my ears.

It´s an album, I am listening in my car right now! :-)
Therion is my favorite band! I love all of their albums from Theli to Sitra Ahra. 
Le fleurs du mal aren´t bad, but I prefer previous albums. But it was a great idea to play chansons in metal version.
I am very curious about their new "album", or rather new project of Rock opera. It´s monumental idea, which can be phenomenal. I am looking forward to that and hope that it will be musically similar as my favorite albums. 
Their youtube page is pretty much in stasis, last video 4 years ago, I'm hearing rumors through the grapevine about a new video for the upcoming thing and so far it seems I'm Mulder in the X-Files, chasing dead end leads and rumors...

I is sad

Their official website announced a tour though