Page 2 of 3
Originally posted by bball_1523
who's down? I used to know some sources, but I had lost interest but now I feel like I'm gaining my interest back so if I find the sources I'll post em.

Yeh, if you find any good stuff feel free to post it!
An eye for an eye leaves everyone a pirate.
Ok I know this sounds really dumb but I honestly can't find the "copy" and "paste" features on my program. Do they exist?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Originally posted by Rebelw/outaCord
Ok I know this sounds really dumb but I honestly can't find the "copy" and "paste" features on my program. Do they exist?
highlight what you want, right click and click 'copy', then paste it wherever
Originally posted by TheVinesRule
highlight what you want, right click and click 'copy', then paste it wherever

ok i jsut realized i had to be in the waveform view. ok it works now thanks tho!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Originally posted by Rankles
Mines registered to some guy called Marco Hardmeier

yeah mine too,( peter is cooler though, although he's slightly gay)
its cos you have cool edit 2.1
i dont know what the difference is with 2.0 but i guess it must be better somehow

anyways this is a complete newbie question, but how do i use the metronome, i mean i know how to turn it on, but how do i know what settings represent what speed, does anyone have some metronome tutorial in general
NEW! Never before seen on UG!
<< This sig space is for hire! >>
Call now and get a 10% discount!
First callers also get a plastic fork*!

*While supplies last.
Originally posted by roumen
yeah mine too,( peter is cooler though, although he's slightly gay)
its cos you have cool edit 2.1
i dont know what the difference is with 2.0 but i guess it must be better somehow

anyways this is a complete newbie question, but how do i use the metronome, i mean i know how to turn it on, but how do i know what settings represent what speed, does anyone have some metronome tutorial in general

click the button that says metronome to turn it on and press record or play
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
i said i knew how to turn it on
i wanted to know whats the standard speed (more common speed) and just explain all those numbers etc
NEW! Never before seen on UG!
<< This sig space is for hire! >>
Call now and get a 10% discount!
First callers also get a plastic fork*!

*While supplies last.
i wanted to know whats the standard speed (more common speed) and just explain all those numbers etc

60 bpm is 1 beat per second so work from there. A good thrash beat is just above 200.

usually its in 4/4, which is common time.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Originally posted by turinbrakes
200 bpm? w0000t thats fast

parts of master of puppets and battery are at 216... i write at 250
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
thanks tim, just what i needed! and thanks peter

problem: When I record my stuff and play it back, i have to hire my speakers up all the way to hear it....is there a volume tool for each track, or a general volume thing on it that i can't see???

This happened with my mic on another program so i think it might be the mic or the computer...is there any hidden mic volume settings on my computer?(win 98) not the obvious one...

thanks again, i've been looking for a way to record!!!

dave

edit: and how do i add effects to the music? distortion, delay etc.
Last edited by i_can_b_ur_hero at Aug 11, 2003,
Originally posted by i_can_b_ur_hero
thanks tim, just what i needed! and thanks peter

problem: When I record my stuff and play it back, i have to hire my speakers up all the way to hear it....is there a volume tool for each track, or a general volume thing on it that i can't see???

This happened with my mic on another program so i think it might be the mic or the computer...is there any hidden mic volume settings on my computer?(win 98) not the obvious one...

thanks again, i've been looking for a way to record!!!

dave

edit: and how do i add effects to the music? distortion, delay etc.

to adjust volume for tracks in cool edit there is a little thing under the RSM buttons that says V 0. click and drag that to the left or right to change the volume

to add effects you click the FX button button and then you choose which effects you want to use
Originally posted by AngelOfLust
Another Multritracking tip:

If you want to make your song's sound (imo) alot better you should also multitrack your rythms.

Im sure plenty of you know about all this, but for those who dont..

Using the cooledit metronome/a metronome you can record your rythms (or leads or anything for that matter) twice, the exact same way. Then get them both intime with eachother and pan one track left and one track right. This will make it sounds alot fuller, and, IMO, alot better...although our resident audio tech Jas would disagree

i do this in every recording i do that has a rhythm, Check the other Sticky that says "Show Us Your Skill"
both of the recordings that are in that currently, i have multitracked, it does in my opinion sound better too, makes it sound fuller..

yea and dont be afraid to use 3/4 or 6/4 time signatures. Those are by far my favorite time signatures because they 'flow'.

About 1/2 my songs are in 3/4 or 6/4 time. Especially my instrumentals.

Also, if you find a good spot to change time signatures, dont be afraid to do so. If the transition is seamless, it makes for a cool dynamic change of rhythm.

Edit: Oh yea and for shredding and stuff, i am pretty sure 7/8, 5/4, and other exotic time signatures are pretty good, but i dont know for sure because i dont really do any 'shredding'.
Last edited by Slurgi at Aug 13, 2003,
This thread is great!! Cheers buddy, I really wanted to know how to do this

Originally posted by uuuuhhhhhhhh
hehehehe, im now leaning away from cooledit and using cubase its better!!!!!!!

Is it true that you need huge ass speakers, else you can't hear anything produced from that?

On this subject... is there a plugin available for CEP that can turn like clean guitar in this kinda distinctive sounding guitar... like all the bass has been turned off completely and its kind of muffled like you're hearing it from the shower... lol I hope someone gets it... kinda like the 'phone voice' you can get... listen to 'Help Save The Youth Of America From Exploding' by Less Than Jake, the very intro... is there a way?

Is there any way my guitar signal can come up real-time???
Quote by tryhardslash
dude like every song has disortion

and its called distorting
Originally posted by cold_static544
Is there any way my guitar signal can come up real-time???

yeah, plug in and play...

just kidding, altough you have to admit you said that in a pretty stupid way, i reckon you mean real time effect processing from your pc? you'll need a special sound card for that
when i was doin' stuff on cool edit pro the other day i had to put my amp on distortion to hear the guitar through the computer. is that normal?
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Originally posted by turinbrakes
yeah, plug in and play...

just kidding, altough you have to admit you said that in a pretty stupid way, i reckon you mean real time effect processing from your pc? you'll need a special sound card for that

lol...... alright, what i mean, is that everytime i record, the graph moves and the sound do get recorded but i don't have any guitar sound coming out from my PC speakers....., is it normal or what?
Quote by tryhardslash
dude like every song has disortion

and its called distorting
Originally posted by cold_static544
lol...... alright, what i mean, is that everytime i record, the graph moves and the sound do get recorded but i don't have any guitar sound coming out from my PC speakers....., is it normal or what?

in your volume settings there is a thing that says "microphone" unmute that, turn it up, then go to proporties in that window, click on the "recording" dot, then apply(or ok) turn the "microphone" up, if that doesntwork, i dont know what will..
Okay can someone help...

I've been using CEP a lot in the last few days. A few days ago I had like 5gb space left on my comp, now I have about 2.5gb. Does anyone know how I can delete all of those clips that are no good to me now?

ok... im new to cooledit and have no idea how it works... but from reading the help and help topics and searching through the web im stuck. I got an adapter and all to connect my guitar into my comp, and i can make sounds come out through my speakers. I have it in through the line-in. Now in guitar pro on the bottom it shows the little graph thing moving hence the sound is coming threw. But wen i press record the bars no longer move and nothing records even though i hear sound.. wtf? HELP!!!
I EAT JOO!
Originally posted by BPG
Okay can someone help...

I've been using CEP a lot in the last few days. A few days ago I had like 5gb space left on my comp, now I have about 2.5gb. Does anyone know how I can delete all of those clips that are no good to me now?

CEP probably saved them to "C:/Temp/" so...

1: Open My Computer
2: double click C:/
3: open Temp folder
4: Delete anything not of use...

if you still cant find it, PM me, i'll help you find the files
Hey Nirvana_GodSmak,

Cheers for that but I have no C:/Temp/ lol..

I deleted everything I could from the directory Cool Edit told me where it was saving all the temp stuff but that freed about 0.05gb lol
Originally posted by BPG
Okay can someone help...

click file and then click clear up space in temp files...
Originally posted by thebeave10
click file and then click clear up space in temp files...

From that menu I don't think anything really helped...
Originally posted by Metal Army
Right....so that covers cooledit pro but.......can anybody teach me how to use Acid Pro 4?

No, you moron. LEARN IT YOURSELF DAN.
Originally posted by drunk in public
Why, certainly. ID LOVE TO HELP YOU DAN.

Ok, first volunteer.......how do i multi-track in acid pro??
to the person who wants to know where they are saved... the filepath should be in my documents if you open them recently...

or just remember the name of one of them and search or it and the rest shud be in the same folder
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
ok, i downloaded that ****ing thing long time ago (probably two months ago) and the **** expired and just now i realized i could get someone else's registration code
(yes, yes, im an idiot)
but apparently i need some ****ing program called "cep2reg.exe" so i can enter that ****ing peter quist**** thing... and i cant find it on kazaa or whatever.... so where can i get that ****ing thing so i can start ****ing recording.....????

lol,
Originally posted by Chainsaw
ok, i downloaded that ****ing thing long time ago (probably two months ago) and the **** expired and just now i realized i could get someone else's registration code
(yes, yes, im an idiot)
but apparently i need some ****ing program called "cep2reg.exe" so i can enter that ****ing peter quist**** thing... and i cant find it on kazaa or whatever.... so where can i get that ****ing thing so i can start ****ing recording.....????

lol,

pretty sure you can get it from the cep website, or just ask someone for it in the chat, i'm sure someone has it
i already downloaded it... and the only thing i notice is different is the "save mixdown" (wich is something great, but..whatever)

at least now i have something to record my stuff
Hey... im new with CEP but i noticed ppl use mics to record there stuff from their amp. I also noticed you can record rite from your guitar to the computer. Which is better? Advantages? Ive started messing around and recording and i noticed that alot of the effects on the thing are hard to figure out or just plainly suck... like the distortion... well newayz feed back will be appreciated... thx
I EAT JOO!
i tried searching for how to plug in your guitar into your computer and doing all the volume stuff, but i cant find it..i dunno how to search for it

can someone just tell me how? or show me the link to where somoen explains it?
Lol dan I like how you edited that "quote" of mine

Ok, i am trying to use CEP. I select the R, then hit record. It doesnt show anything as recording, but the time moves. I KNOW my mic is working because i can then go to sounds recorder and it works there....help?
hmmm ok so i tried recording and it works but i have to keep the volume on my speakers at full blast to hear the guitar at a normal level. i tried searching for other threads on it but i couldnt find any. can someone point me in the right direction? thanks!
=)