Page 3 of 50
Quote by mr kipling
Great drumming.

Great song :P although it does remind be a bit of "ONE"- Metallica but who cares killer song
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
i've heard one of their songs, but Mithece Fathore Klan is a pretty damn good French band too
Brawl Anyone?: Click HERE!!!

Like Mario Kart WiFi? Need help finding friends? Click here
When I went to Fracne I only saw one person wearing a band shirt. That band was Gojira. EDIT: I meant to say France.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by Davidian
That stage is set up perfectly.

Yeah... its cool how the stage divers dont interfere with the band... like i woudl have thought you know alcohol and shit... hmmm lol
nyrkki
Possibly one of the only French things in this world I have respect for.

Great band. I have a lot of respect for the singer playing those riffs and singing doing his vocals.
Just downloaded From Mars to Sirius, it's acctually pretty good. I didn't expect to like them.

Some of the riffs are mad brutal too.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Meh these guys are boooooring, the only thing I like is the drumming other than that their just another typical band.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by SinisterX
Meh these guys are boooooring, the only thing I like is the drumming other than that their just another typical band.

Great thing to say in their thread...

Anyways, realized how much French deathy stuff there is around (that's good): Gojira, Kronos, Destinity, Ultra Vomit... French metal FTW!
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

i'm lovin it.. its very refreshing to hear a band thats strayed away form the typical pointless violence or the worship of.. eeeeviiiiilllll

heh.. favorite tune atm is From the Sky
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I love this band, it's amazing how they can be so brutal and catchy at the same time.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by mr kipling
Great drumming.

Great everything. Seriously that song sounded perfect live. Amazing Vocals, and also what looked like a great crowd response and atmosphere.

Probably my favorite Gojira song as well, on par with Global Warming I would say.
I recommend From Mars to Sirius. The Link is a pretty good cd too, but it's not as varied and developed as From Mars to Sirius. I haven't heard Terra Incognita yet.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 4, 2007,
how the **** do the do their pinch harmonics? They're ****in awesome!!
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
If you guys like Gorjira, you will probably love the French band Hacride (check out their new album called Ameoba.) it's very heavy but arty and progressive.
I absolutely love Gojira.
Backbone and Death of Me have two be two of their catchiest songs.
The latest cd is incredible.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
I have no respect for this band. They are the embodiment of the utmost lame.
I saw them on December 2nd, 2006, when I saw Children of Bodom for the third time.

I dreaded having to listen to such a repetitive and uninteresting band.
^^ I dunno, I've loved every one of their songs from the moment I started listening to them. From Mars to Sirius is class man - just listen to Flying Whales. Luffit.
Quote by Lambda
repetitive and uninteresting band.

And you listen to LoG.....I dont think that there are any other more repetitive bands out there than LoG.... I like Ocean Planet
nyrkki
I don't think LoG is repetitive. But i could really care less haha. Anyone link me to the sirius album? I can't find it anywhere
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
^ Check isohunt. or torrentspy.

I find people who think Gojira is repetitive also probably dont like Meshuggah.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
i <3 gojira. easilly the heaviest band to ever make songs about whales and unicorns. they take everything i like about a bunch of different bands and put it all together perfectly. easily my favorite of the fairly mainstream death metal bands today.

btw, am i the only one who thinks that the vocalist sounds a lot like max cavalera?
hello
^ Slightly more melodic than Max, I find.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
I don't think LoG is repetitive. But i could really care less haha. Anyone link me to the sirius album? I can't find it anywhere

You can stream the album off gojira's home site
LoG not repetitive??? its drop d for half the bar then some ****ty pull off/hammer on for every song
any ways i wanna know how Gojira make that other noise they make, its not the pinch harmonic its the other really weird noise they make lol
nyrkki
Quote by Inno_a_Satana
i <3 gojira. easilly the heaviest band to ever make songs about whales and unicorns. they take everything i like about a bunch of different bands and put it all together perfectly. easily my favorite of the fairly mainstream death metal bands today.

btw, am i the only one who thinks that the vocalist sounds a lot like max cavalera?

I can kinda hear some Calavera in there actually. Couldnt really place it at first.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Man I saw these guys with LoG and Machine Head, they kicked some serious ass. I've been into them ever since. I love how they're so heavy but they sing about unicorns and whales XD
Heard a few songs from them and I think they're awesome. Until a few days ago, when a buddy send me a clip of 'Remembrance,' where they do all this crazy rhythm stuff. Needless to say, I was amazed. Now, I'm definitely going to have to check their discography out.

and on the whole French Metal topic, check out Symbyosis. Kickass Progressive Death Metal band from Paris.
Fvck man i wish i lived in Europe so i'd get a chance to see these bands live
nyrkki
Best progressive/whatever death metal band. Period.

But do check their first album out. "Clone" is one hell of a song!
for rent
Gojira are downright awesome, on record and live. I just wish I could find a copy of Terra Incognito (sp?).
I've ignored this thread for too long, and now I see what I've been missing. This band is pretty damn good--great tone, great vocals, great guitars, just great.
Alright, does anyone have their Possessed demo, or more specifically the song Bleeding?!

PM me if you do
Awesome tone, drumming is great, I love the vocals, and they are pretty creative writers, but fuck if the songs aren't just a little repetitive.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I listened to them a lot before I saw them. I never liked them. at all. I hated the guitar tone and just the way the songs sounded. But then I saw them open for Behemoth and DAMN they were good.