Page 4 of 50
I love me some Gojira.

I downloaded "From Mars to Sirius" a while back, and immeadietly loved it.

"Ocean Planet" is one of the best songs I've ever heard.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
OmG gojira is leik seeew heeavy and br000tal XD

But ya, they're real good. I saw them when they where on tour with LoG. They destroyed everyone, except LoG. But Trivium was the other band, so that goes without saying.
I saw them with Job for a Cowboy, Beneath the Massacre and Behemoth on Monday. Oh My ****. the mosh was ****ing nuts during Backbone
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Saw em last Fri. live and they were incredible, even making a valiant attempt at rivaling the mighty Behemoth. Easily second best band on the tour. From Mars to Sirius owns start to finish but I havent checked their older stuff out yet really, aside from listening through The Link one time and not being very impressed. Thoughts on the older albums?
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Gojira is absolutely amazing and I love them. I hope the come near here.

I'll have a bourbon.
Buh nee, buh nee, buh nah nah nuh nee nee...

DUGGADUGGADUGGADUGGADUG BREEE!!!
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
^I'd be happy to pay three times that.

It is that good, I personally think.

Their live DVD kicks balls too.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
From Mars to Sirius is a amazingly good album. I love all of the live shows I have seen them perform and Ocean Planet is godlike.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I love there insane pinch-harmonics in the middle of the riffs. And there weird raking effects that separate riffs.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Ocean Planet

Ya rly.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
so... im assuming all you guys know about the new album?

well all you french speakers at least
Quote by ch715dallat

What is this new album you speak of?
Moar plz.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by ch715dallat

What about a new album???
details NOW!!!!
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
^Wikipedia says late 2008

I was thinking about this band. I think they are slightly overhyped. I really like the messages in the songs but the riffs are occasionally boring and I would like to see a few solos in the new album. Drummer's good though, maybe sticks out too much.
Simple drop D. And I heard someone once comparing them to Mastodon, minus the bizzare scales and melodies.

On other news, I can't stop playing Flying Whales' main riff. It's so awesome and so much fun!

DUUUUNAAH DAAH DUDAAH-DAAH DUN DUN DUNNAAAH!!!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I know their stuff is in D, but I've seen it played both in drop and standard. However, I think standard is more common. As far as bands like them, that probably depends on what aspect of their music you like. If you like the proggy thrash stuff I guess Mastodon would be kinda similar, if you like the cool rhythms then I would say Strapping Young Lad might work.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
Quote by highway62
Their allowed here? They don't seem any more metal than Lamb of God. They kick ass though. I was listening to SIRIUS and they did an interview with Gojira. They seem like pretty cool guys.
Quote by metal Lover
Their allowed here? They don't seem any more metal than Lamb of God. They kick ass though. I was listening to SIRIUS and they did an interview with Gojira. They seem like pretty cool guys.

lolwut?

Lamb of God is metalcore although i like them they arent even close to as metal as Gojira. Gojira is Progressive Death Metal, Lamb Of God is just heavy metalcore.
Quote by buddy_bomber
anyone else heard of them?

theyre a french extreme metal band, if you want to check anyhting out, go on radio blog and search them

yeah, any chat and stuff about them, leave here

Ocean Planet = orgasm
Remembrance, Love, Clone, Heaviest matter of the universe, Wisdom comes

all=

Multiple orgasm.
I am so pissed i missed them when they came around with Behemoth.
Behemoth, Gojira, Beneath The Massacre = Best concert ever.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by ch715dallat
because their tone is ****ing amazing, also you dont have a full band behind you.

Their tone makes me all warm inside. I would also say their drums add a lot of "heaviness" to the songs.

I'll have a bourbon.
^Yup D standard.

Another reason they sound heavier as a band is because the bassist has a 5 string down to A I believe.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
Quote by highway62
Quote by Mr. President
New album should be damn sexy, maybe they'll even throw in some soloing over all that sick riffage .

Thats the one thing about Gojira that i dont like, the lack of solo's, I only have The new one lolz forgot name i r n00b
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Gojira PWNS, (how many albums do they have?)
I enjoy From Mars to Sirus the most, but The Link isn't too far behind. I love the end of Ocean Planet, it pwns much butthole. That song (along w/ many ov their others) would make a really good soundtrack song for a movie.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by d. b. cooper
^Yup D standard.

Another reason they sound heavier as a band is because the bassist has a 5 string down to A I believe.

Don't think so... the intervals would be weird.

Prove me wrong though, could be interesting if he does.
^ If they play / songs can be played, in D Standard, then no it wouldn't be weird
<<<< Owns a 6-String Bass
5'er would be A D G C F Low to High

What d. b. cooper is saying ( I assume 0_o ) is that the Bassist records/plays the Lower range on the Low B, tuned to A, which based on my recent playing on my new Bass - sounds heavier