D_y_p26
UG member
1,566 IQ
Here is a song my friend and I wrote in two days. We arranged all the parts, even the vocals for the verse. I would say this song has a GnR or Iron Maiden sound to it.

You guys are welcome to crit my work, and maybe help me with the chorus vocals which I'm stuck on.
Attachments:
song.zip
MilichichiBass
UG Newbie
902 IQ
it's not bad. I can understand how it can sound like those bands you described. Except, it sounds to mellow cause it sounds like it's all on key board for most of it and only on the very slow parts can you hear the bass/ guitar. Not bad though.
Bodomizer
244 IQ
i liked it. even though it wasn't really my style, i still loved the composition. good job man.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
D_y_p26
UG member
1,566 IQ
Quote by MilichichiBass
it's not bad. I can understand how it can sound like those bands you described. Except, it sounds to mellow cause it sounds like it's all on key board for most of it and only on the very slow parts can you hear the bass/ guitar. Not bad though.

ummm..all the parts are guitar, I think it sounds like keyboard cuz its too "midi"
ouchies
UG's OG
1,613 IQ
I liked it, it kept my attention the whole time. You had a lot of measures that had too many or not enough notes though
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
Pretty good, I'd reccommend you sort the red bars, but overall a very good composition. Nice structure, well influenced, cool progressions, etc.
D_y_p26
UG member
1,566 IQ
hmm I didn't notice the red bars.....whats wrong if theres a red bar and how do u fix it
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
that means that the notes in the bar are (in this case) more than 4 beats long, if u want a note to continue to the next bar u tie it in the next bar
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Stolenidentity1
UGsRetarded baby on crack
724 IQ
the bass really sounds gnr influenced, with the fills, love it

I wouldnt say much on iron maiden influence but really really gnr influenced, another thing turn down that keyboard sound, is that supposed to be voice?

the solo was nice as well, but i cant even look at the gp5 i would like to see it tabbed
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
D_y_p26
UG member
1,566 IQ
Quote by Dabey
there you go...no more red bars...

sweet thanks