I don't like the RSE sound banks that come with Guitar Pro 5. When using the distortion guitar presets on a low tuned riff, the result is too muddy for my tastes. Is there anywhere I can download alternate RSE banks, or am I stuck with the defaults?
i dunno, but i agree. it sounds better than the MIDI, but it aint perfect either.

i hope sum1 makes up a better one, also my computer lags a lot with the RSE on...
Gooby Pls.
i need to download the RSE banks separately? where can i download them from?
It depends on your soundcard.
It sounded great on my old pc with a sound blaster but it sucks ass on my labtop .
ur stuck with those, but i find theres a lot more to fiddle with in the new GP, u can pick from many preset amps etc as im sure uve discovered. Also u gotta fiddle with all the tabs u download to get them to sound good in the new GP.

U can also set reverb on the whole thing and change eq by clicking the status bar at the bottom of GP, that helps a lot

i usually set all distortion to British Stack Dist : Metal Pedal
put metal reverb on whole band and then turn drums down a little
Last edited by thesimo at Dec 29, 2006,
Quote by thesimo
ur stuck with those, but i find theres a lot more to fiddle with in the new GP, u can pick from many preset amps etc as im sure uve discovered. Also u gotta fiddle with all the tabs u download to get them to sound good in the new GP.

U can also set reverb on the whole thing and change eq by clicking the status bar at the bottom of GP, that helps a lot

i usually set all distortion to British Stack Dist : Metal Pedal
put metal reverb on whole band and then turn drums down a little

Reverb never changed a thing on any of the PC I used with GP. Anyway I too think the 5.2 RSE guitar disto suck balls. But there's a damn EQ with it so we have gotta find a way to make it sound good. Palm mute are the problem with me. I tried different things with the Legend Tones but when fast picking sounds good, palm mute sound like crap or vise versa...

The British Stack Dist : Metal Pedal sounds ok. But tuned in A# with a ****load of palm mute...

So anyone got a idea of something that doesn't sounds like an old Darkthrone demo tape ???
Quote by CoDee
I don't like the RSE sound banks that come with Guitar Pro 5. When using the distortion guitar presets on a low tuned riff, the result is too muddy for my tastes. Is there anywhere I can download alternate RSE banks, or am I stuck with the defaults?

Play the guitar parts yourself.
i only use gp5 to make drum tracks for my songs, but after i program them some of the drums don't come out when i play it back, anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? (don't mean to hijack this thread btw sorry)
POST FINDER
I have the updated version and the extra tones for guitars, bass and drums. Really make the difference!
Quote by False_God
I have the updated version and the extra tones for guitars, bass and drums. Really make the difference!

Updated to 5.2 or update over 5.2 ??