I have been looking at SX guitars. THey seem to have really good features and specifications. WHat is the difference between a real guitar and an SX. I know they are budget but i mean are they good quality sounding guitars? Or cheap pieces of junk like first act?
SX are good starters/mod the shiet out of guitars
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
agreed with isan... they're not very good.. but i'd go with the agiles
Oh okay. What is really wrong with them? Could switching out the pickups make em sound alot better?
well first off the 125 and under are junk you would need new tuners and pickups and a tremelo if it has 1
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
I would go with agile. If your looking at rondomusic.net, look in the price range of 200 and up for a good guitar. Some of the more expensive agiles are suprisingly and amazingly good.
the SX above $120 are awesome, at least mine was
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Do you guys think SX basses would be a good second bass?
Gear
-Ibanez Soundgear SRX3EXQM1 (yeah, long name)
-Fender Rumble 100

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
SX Strats are amazing (have the SST62)...the tuners are great...it's how you place the strings, that's all...mine keeps in tune for about 2-3 weeks. You do need to change the pickups though...they're pretty lifeless...I changed to a SD JB and it's a fricken rocking machine now...oh yea, pots suck too...
they're ****ing amazing for the price, I'd say you could get the quality of a $300 for $100, but they aren't good for an intermidiate or up. Agile however, make amazing guitars.
Dickless.
I live in central New Jersey and have actually been to Rondo Music. I've played dozens of SX guitars and they're all great.

I own a SX 57 Strat copy. Right out of the box it sounded better than at least 3 MIM strats that I've played. I just put Texas Special pickups in there, and now it sings like a $1000 guitar.

Dont be a fool. We're talkin $100 for a real maple neck and alder body. People who hate on SX guitars have obviously never played one. They assume they cant be any good since they cost a fraction of what they paid for their piece of sh*t MIM strat..

Go ahead and get your SX guitar. You wont regret it.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
I live in central New Jersey and have actually been to Rondo Music. I've played dozens of SX guitars and they're all great.

I own a SX 57 Strat copy. Right out of the box it sounded better than at least 3 MIM strats that I've played. I just put Texas Special pickups in there, and now it sings like a $1000 guitar.

Dont be a fool. We're talkin $100 for a real maple neck and alder body. People who hate on SX guitars have obviously never played one. They assume they cant be any good since they cost a fraction of what they paid for their piece of sh*t MIM strat..

Go ahead and get your SX guitar. You wont regret it.

so true. I will be ordering another one soon.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
I love my SX strat, fitted it with some pickups from a jap strat and it looks great, im in the process of relicing it!
lol I suppose the explorer is from what i hear it has the fastest neck and with 2 hums it would do fine
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
I thought about purchasing an SX Jazz Bass and and SX Tele, repainting both, and replacing the pickups...Do any of you guys have comments on either of those particular instruments?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator