gutsman
285 IQ
link below with what i have completed so dar (still wip). it's sort of an acoustic folk metal piece i guess.

i haven't completed the solo yet (kinda cuts of in the middle), and the quarter notes are a bit dull on the heavy part so i plan on changing that

any other critique? if you drop a link to you're piece ill be sure to feedback on it too

thanks
Attachments:
Bureaublad.zip
Sarcasmo
149 IQ
Its a pretty depressing sounding piece. I really liked the beginning, but the transition into the distortion seemed a little sudden. Is it going to be instrumental? I think it would be better that way, but maybe add some drums to it to really fill it out. If not, then its cool anyway. good job. 4/5

mine
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459518
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Seems to chop and change a bit, but could work with some drums going as well. On the intro part I would play the first section twice (like you have) and then the second section just once, but that's just personal preference. Also, the outro, wasn't overly keen on the less active guitar was playing, it just didn't do it for me over the picking piece.
Some nice ideas in there though and nice to see a piece in 3/4.

If you get the chance feel free to take a listen to mine (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458144)
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Nunwhxre 666
You have ****ed up now!
1,430 IQ
It was pretty good.The first heavy part sounded a little weird, but other than that it's a decent peice. Crit one of mine if you get the chance? Links in sig.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Spark1284
244 IQ
i think it all sounded great, sick ass folk metal... the bridge felt a little weird, cuz the chord progression sounded like it didnt beloing in the song. and that last riff is ****ing sick, that better be a transition into like another 12 minutes of song. overall== excellent

EDIT: also i wanted to tell u i think the solo is ****ing awesome, personally i think it would help the music more if it was a little faster and a little longer, cuz it blends in a little. i think that would make it really powerful
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Last edited by Spark1284 at Nov 2, 2006,