Page 1 of 2238
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Just talk about gay ****!

Yes, there was the 'Coming Out' thread, and this is a bit of continuation.

I'm gay, but lets not talk about that. It is a small aspect of my personality, and I think that a problem with many gays is that they feel the need to make their entire personality around their sexuality. But in reality, that is all it is, sexuality. Not personality.

But onto the discussion!

I know it'll be hard for you guys, but lets keep this as mature as possible, blah blah blah. Instead of this thread turning into either a bunch of "I hate gays" or "I don't mind them, let them do what they want" posts, lets have some more specific things to discuss.

1) Are you gay?
2) Your stance on gay marriage?
3) How do you feel about discrimation of gays?

Those are just a few to get you started.

1) Yes
2) I'm conflicted. I think that there should be equal rights for everyone, but (I haven't looked into it) but isn't marriage defined as between a man and woman? It gets more complicated as I am an Atheist, so what does it matter to me how religion defines marriage.
3) I think it is terrible, obviously. I'm not openly gay at school for obvious reasons. I personally don't see why people don't realize that this unfounded hatred is essentially the same as the hatred towards black people prior to the civil rights movements.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jul 9, 2007,
Phag Anselblow
Banned
120 IQ
i am teh hetero-sensual

i think gay marriage shoyuld be allowed, i dont see how sexual preference makes any difference, the fact that the us government uses religion as an excuse is disgusting. does the word "secular" mean anything?

im pretty much desensitized to it, there is so much hate and discrimination now, its just like an everyday thing for people
sock_demon
Ol' Dirty
763 IQ
Im fine with gay people
I support gay marriage
People who discriminate against homosexuals because they pretty much suck
hue
fridge_raider
527 IQ
1) Are you gay?

No.

I have no problem with it. I have SOME issue with gay people having children, for the sake of the child. I'm sure that they can get just as much love and support from gay parents as straight, but the discrimination the child grows up with is what makes me undecided.

I think everyone enjoys a laugh at gay expense, and I know I have done, but its all in jest. If I was gay, I wouldn't take massive offence to small jokes etc [although I'm sure it gets tiring] but there is no need for hatred or real offensiveness.

I think it's just like any other thing, you have to be able to take a joke. I wear glasses, but I wouldn't go off my swede if someone said "Four Eyes" (mainly because its the most pathetic insult ever lol, but nevermind) and I wouldn't go mad if someone called me a bender one time, if I was gay.

But real hatred of gays offends me too.

The thing that ticks me off is like you said, when gay people feel the need to base everything in their life around the fact that they are gay. I'm not saying this applies to everyone, but when it does happen I find it extremely annoying.
There is poetry in despair.
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by Phag Anselblow
i think gay marriage shoyuld be allowed, i dont see how sexual preference makes any difference, the fact that the us government uses religion as an excuse is disgusting. does the word "secular" mean anything?

That is a very good point. The whole 'Civil Union' is a good step because it does cover all the legal aspects of marriage. Although, I suppose for religious gay couples that it would still be an annoyance to have a separate but equal union, rather than the one that they want.
Quote by fridge_raider
I think everyone enjoys a laugh at gay expense, and I know I have done, but its all in jest. If I was gay, I wouldn't take massive offence to small jokes etc [although I'm sure it gets tiring] but there is no need for hatred or real offensiveness.

I think it's just like any other thing, you have to be able to take a joke. I wear glasses, but I wouldn't go off my swede if someone said "Four Eyes" (mainly because its the most pathetic insult ever lol, but nevermind) and I wouldn't go mad if someone called me a bender one time, if I was gay.

But real hatred of gays offends me too.

The thing that ticks me off is like you said, when gay people feel the need to base everything in their life around the fact that they are gay. I'm not saying this applies to everyone, but when it does happen I find it extremely annoying.

I have friends who make tons and tons of gay jokes. I'm not offended, mostly because they do not know that I am gay (haven't gotten around to telling them that one, and the jokes they make really make me unsure of how they would react). They are jokes, and I understand that because I know those people personally. Other gays would probably be offended.

When people call other people 'Faggot', I'm not offended either, but it does get incredibly annoying. I always stay away from using insults like that (not to mention that they are lame insults to begin with).
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Nov 12, 2006,
pht
who cares?
58 IQ
well, actually gay marriage is against the christian religion, im christian, but my oponion: who cares? if someone is christian, he has still no right to decide about what other people do, and even when they get to hell, its still their problem.
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
1) Are you gay?
no.

No reason it shouldnt be allowed. If you think good and hard about it, sexuality is bull****. All sex is is pleasure and pleasure shouldnt be descriminated against. Why do we go to war? Peace {an oxymoron in of itself}. Is peace not just a branch of pleasure?

Human nature brings us to love/hate eachother, and so, if homophobes are so openly free to hate, why shouldnt homosexuals be able to openly love?

If living is nature you must aquit, there is no reason for there to be descrimination, let alone categories for something as simple as pleasure.

see last answer.

That was a fun rant
DUP3R
Banned
162 IQ
Well...I'm against gay MARRIAGE, but that's because I believe that marriage is a Christian bond, and homosexuality is against the Christian religion.

However, I'm all for gay UNION, if that makes any sense.

I don't know how to put it.

Marriage = Christian bond
Union = bond...?
Shoestick
Wannabeatle
239 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

I'm gay,

I am an Atheist,

Youre a gaytheist.

EDIT: I had to let that sink in first. As for the questions...:

1) No.

2) Im not religious so I dont know about in religious terms, but I definietly feel gay people should be allowed to get a civil union and whatnot, giving them the economic benefits of being married.

3)Discrimination is bad in general.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Last edited by Shoestick at Nov 12, 2006,
Phag Anselblow
Banned
120 IQ
Quote by Shoestick

Youre a gaytheist.

i remember seeing that on tv, just cant remember when funny nontheless
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by Shoestick

You're a gaytheist.

Now that I think about it, the two are completely unrelated. I decided that I was atheist at a Christian Camp that I attended when I was 12 or 13, and I finally came to terms with my sexuality earlier this year.
Bronek
UG's Enterpreneur
258 IQ
1. I am heterosexual.

2. It's fine if there's not too many of them and if they don't have children. Seriously that child will have a hard life with other retarded kids erbally abusing him at school.

3. Well statistically someone has to be retarded.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
1) No.

2) Religion and politics should never get in the way of a sacred bond between any gender.

3) Homophobes deserve to get kicked in the testicles by race horses.
Izz
Banned
132 IQ
Quote by DUP3R
Well...I'm against gay MARRIAGE, but that's because I believe that marriage is a Christian bond, and homosexuality is against the Christian religion.

Union = bond...?

So you have to be christian to get married? Why should you have that right alone?
The man who invented sandwiches let's other people eat them I think, why not let non-christians get married? Oh, right according to the christians, non-christians are worse people and shouldn't be allowed because they aren't loyal to a god which can't be proven to exist.
DUP3R
Banned
162 IQ
Quote by Izz
So you have to be christian to get married? Why should you have that right alone?
The man who invented sandwiches let's other people eat them I think, why not let non-christians get married? Oh, right according to the christians, non-christians are worse people and shouldn't be allowed because they aren't loyal to a god which can't be proven to exist.

You took my post the wrong way.

Marriage is a Christian term and tradition (I think, I'm not completely sure), other people can get married, but if they aren't Christian then I don't consider it "marriage," but a bond.

EDIT:

Yeah, that's might not be fact, but that's what I think. So stfu.
Quintessence153
UG's Burninator
343 IQ
Quote by DUP3R
Union = bond...?

I think a union would be a "legal" bond, or maybe a "secular" bond.

To answer the questions:

1) I'm heterosexual

2) I have absolutely no conflict with anyone wanting to get married to anyone else, regardless of gender or sexuality. It's none of my business, and it won't do me any harm. No one should have to right to tell someone else that they can't be married because their love is wrong.

3) Homophobia (and discrimination/prejudice in general) is absurd and is more of an abomination to society than gays could ever be.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Nov 12, 2006,
cactus
Gitarista
223 IQ
- I am not gay

- I have no problem with gay marriage, but it's the them having kids that's giving me second thoughts as one of you guys above said.

- Gay people are still people and no one has the right to discriminate them.
Quote by Zeppelin08
I busted a nut because my g-string was too tight.

Quote by rexreeper99
Hendrix. he played jazz right? lol. im real bad with names.

i guess jazz could work

add me up http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/cactus/
Izz
Banned
132 IQ
Quote by DUP3R

Marriage is a Christian term and tradition (I think, I'm not completely sure), other people can get married, but if they aren't Christian then I don't consider it "marriage," but a bond.

EDIT:

Answer my question?
WHY should christians be able to call it marriage but not anyone else? Because you believe in a God?... That is as stupid as christianity itself gets. Well, should've expected it from you...
sock_demon
Ol' Dirty
763 IQ
Quote by DUP3R

Union = bond...?

By bond you mean buttsecks?
hue
DUP3R
Banned
162 IQ
Quote by Izz
Answer my question?
WHY should christians be able to call it marriage but not anyone else? Because you believe in a God?... That is as stupid as christianity itself gets. Well, should've expected it from you...

o u guld

I answered in my last post. Read, dip****.

I'm not christian, but nice try with you attempt to look right, fucking retard. I don't care what you believe, don't give me **** about what I think marriage is.

Ignorant fuck.
Izz
Banned
132 IQ
Quote by DUP3R
o u guld

I answered in my last post. Read, dip****.

I'm not christian, but nice try with you attempt to look right, fucking retard. I don't care what you believe, don't give me **** about what I think marriage is.

Ignorant fuck.

But if you think only christians should be able to call it marriage perhaps you got some sort of argument for it? Or is it just something you picked up somewhere and believes in without questioning it? Please explain.
DUP3R
Banned
162 IQ
Quote by Izz
But if you think only christians should be able to call it marriage perhaps you got some sort of argument for it? Or is it just something you picked up somewhere and believes in without questioning it? Please explain.

You don't have a habit of reading posts, do you?

Stop trying to prove yourself.
skeptopotamus
280 IQ
1)No
2) Marriage is a secular concept and should be left to the churches. Unions should be allowed. Absolutely, they should.
3) Discrimination of ANY kind is horrible. Have your opinions, but don't let them assist you in bringing negative actions into the world.
Masochist_Lust
<3 Kate <3
839 IQ
Quote by DUP3R

EDIT:

Okay, so because I'm not Christian, I'm not allowed to get married?
Good work...

Anyway, I'm bi-sexual, but not open about it. I would probably get severely bashed if it went out to the whole school, but yeah, a few friends know, and they don't care at all.
whalepudding
UG Lovely Member
954 IQ
Quote by DUP3R

Union = bond...?

Athiests, and most other religions get married too.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 12, 2006,
Masochist_Lust
<3 Kate <3
839 IQ
Quote by whalepudding
Athiests get married too.

So do most religions...

Maybe he's saying that this is a reasonable scenario for a not Christian married person in a conversation.

Meg: So Jeff, are you married?
Jeff: No, I am legally bound to a woman that I am in love with. I cannot marry, for I am not Christian.
Meg:.......
Fatt Sorum
UG's Resident Emo
819 IQ
1) I'm bisexual

2) There's no reason why it should be dis-allowed. So yeah, why not?

3) Meh, I'm used to the discrimination, but it's still wrong
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
JamesDouglas
UG Senior Member
779 IQ
I'm going to ask a question which I've always pondered. You're gay, you like guys, you're a guy, do you think you're hot, turn yourself on?

*puts on flame suit*
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
^ I just gave myself a hard on by just looking in the mirror and im not even gay.
Fatt Sorum
UG's Resident Emo
819 IQ
not really haha
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
JamesDouglas
UG Senior Member
779 IQ
Quote by Nelsean
^ I just gave myself a hard on by just looking in the mirror and im not even gay.

I just gave myself a hard on. Period.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Masochist_Lust
<3 Kate <3
839 IQ
Quote by JamesDouglas
I just gave myself a hard on. Period.

The first time I read that, it looked like you said you gave yourself a hard on because you had your period.
JamesDouglas
UG Senior Member
779 IQ
Quote by Masochist_Lust
The first time I read that, it looked like you said you gave yourself a hard on because you had your period.

Well menstruation does arouse me. That and mini pizza's.

Mmmmmmmmm, mini pizza's.....
Masochist_Lust
<3 Kate <3
839 IQ
Quote by JamesDouglas
Well menstruation does arouse me. That and mini pizza's.

Mmmmmmmmm, mini pizza's.....

Mini?!? I love them big! And I find period blood highly arousing also.
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
Quote by Masochist_Lust

Lol. Same here.
JamesDouglas
UG Senior Member
779 IQ
Quote by Nelsean
Lol. Same here.

Looks like I'm just a whole bunch of misconceptions, mistakes and ambiguations!

mmmmm ambiguous...
That_Pink_Queen
My Avatar Kills Fascists!
5,856 IQ
What's up with all the hating on homophobia? Sheeesh...party poopers.

1) Are you gay?
No.
Don't care.
3) How do you feel about discrimination of gays?
BURN THEM! Just to step out of line.

No but really, what do you think I'm gonna say? Discrimination=
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Izz
Banned
132 IQ
Well, now it's beyond any doubt that DUP3R is a ****ing retard.
Thanks for straightning that out for me.