I'm getting completely confused on how to play oasis's wonderwall. I have all the chords down. But I just get the strumming pattern completely off... It seems like I like doing two strums on the F#m7 and the B7sus4... What is the correct strum pattern? I can't pick it up on the song too well.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
down down (change with an up) down updown up down (change with up) down down up (change and then stutter next chord, listen closely and the pattern is pretty clear.)

If that doesnt help just PM me and i'll take the time to properly record it
Signature.
That's what I thought, but my roommate is saying how it doesn't sound right.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
Whatever...I never play songs exactly how the artist had them. Thats boring...so if you like the sound of it, go with it.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
It took me a while to get it down too. Just download powertab/guitar pro and listen to it that way.
^-- exactly. i hate all this down up down down crap. just LISTEN and PLAY and then REPEAT. learning the words down and up in a pattern isn't going to help you near as much down the road as learning how to actually listen to and feel the music. just like anything else, it takes time and practice and patience.
I had a gutiar teacher that whenever he taught me a song he would make me memorize and do the up and down patterns exactly how they were played. Now my strumming patterns are really odd (accoriding to my best friend) because every time he plays one of my riffs or songs I tell him he's doing it wrong and then i realize he picks like in all down up down up down up.

I kinda glad the teacher made me do it, it makes songs a bit more interesting.
i just strum however it feels right, but in this song im pretty sure it starts down strumming about 2 times then up and then interchanging up and down till the next chord or somehting, but you can always change it up
uugh this song is terrible, I hate it. but anyways struming down it goes half note half not, quarter quarter, half half, quarter quarter. One....Two....three.four....one....two....three.four get it got it good.