ladiesman91
Banned
156 IQ
ok, i just got to where i can shred stuff pretty easyily. but i need to know some more shredders, to learn their stuff. can you all tell me about some popular shredders that i could find cds of, and tabs. i just need to know some, because im beging to be able to shred. thanks.
garden of grey
Banned
348 IQ
pretty retarted thread, i would take this to the random shred chat thread and close this before u get flamed

ALSO: try Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, and Jason Beckers for starters.

- Mike
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Well... besides this sticky right hereI'm giving you a break, because you are new.) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104843

But there's pretty much what to us would be the obvious. To start out I would try Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and John Petrucci(Try his Dream Theater, and Liquid Tension Experiment stuff, because in my opinion it's much better then his solo CD.) Those I would say are the obvious. But if you want some Jazz/Fusion(I consider Shredding an adjective, not a noun. ) You should try Shawn Lane, Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan, and Allan Holdsworth. For Neo-Classical stuff try Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Romeo, Cacohpony, Jason Becker(Was one of the two guitarists for Cacophony.), and Tony MacAlpine. If you want some more "experimental" stuff try, Mattias "Ia" Eklundh, Ron Thal(Also known as Bumblefoot, if you're going to want CD's from him only two of his CD's are under the name Ron Thal, so I suggest you search for his CD's using Bumblefoot.), and Buckethead(The guy in my avatar*The picture under my name*.).

EDIT: For simplicity I'm go to bold all the bands/artists.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Last edited by Godly Moose at Nov 14, 2006,
Musketeer(s)
UGs Musketeers 3
93 IQ
Dragonforce. Yea. Liquid Tension Experiment, Dream Theater, Yngwie.. It's all been said before
jamrockradio
Emo Exterminator
795 IQ
neil zaza, eric johnson, joe satriani (the Extremist), even Frank Zappa could throw down some licks. Francesco Fareri (Suspension). who else?
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Quote by Musketeer(s)
Dragonforce. Yea. Liquid Tension Experiment, Dream Theater, Yngwie.. It's all been said before

Listen to everything he said, EXCEPT DRAGONFORCE. You may think they're cool with their sped up simple licks. But you'll get ruined when you find out they edit the hell out of there albums, and can barely go without 1 minute without screwing up BIG TIME live.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

jamrockradio
Emo Exterminator
795 IQ
Quote by Godly Moose
Listen to everything he said, EXCEPT DRAGONFORCE. You may think they're cool with their sped up simple licks. But you'll get ruined when you find out they edit the hell out of there albums, and can barely go without 1 minute without screwing up BIG TIME live.

thank you. plus i don't like how cocky they are.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Musketeer(s)
UGs Musketeers 3
93 IQ
Quote by Godly Moose

Yngwie is ok, but not Dragonforce? They only screw up live because Sam Totman is always pissed
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
What are you talking about? Yngwie rarely screws up. Please find me a video of were they both aren't screwing up royally. Because every time they get to a solo, they start playing sloppy as hell, open, and dead notes, etc.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Musketeer(s)
UGs Musketeers 3
93 IQ
Quote by Godly Moose
What are you talking about? Yngwie rarely screws up. Please find me a video of were they both aren't screwing up royally. Because every time they get to a solo, they start playing sloppy as hell, open, and dead notes, etc.

I never said Yngwie screws up. I meant hes boring as hell
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Quote by Musketeer(s)
I never said Yngwie screws up. I meant hes boring as hell

Well that would have been really nice if you would have included that into the sentence, instead of thinking that I can pick up onto it.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Musketeer(s)
UGs Musketeers 3
93 IQ
kaye. Go watch the vid for through the fire and the flames. no screwups there
Last edited by Musketeer(s) at Nov 15, 2006,
WhiteLight
87 IQ
Quote by Musketeer(s)
kaye. Go watch the vid for through the fire and the flames. no screwups there

It's the album version. Of course there's no sloppy playing.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Vinnie Romeo?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.