Page 1 of 3
sheumack111
UG Board King
591 IQ
Saw him last nite.....

Dear god the man still has it........ His band rocks aswell..... Not that you really notice them too much.... Douggie White is an awesome singer, and we all know how Derek Sherinan is on keys...... Best concert i will ever see id say......

They did some hendrix stuff like red house aswell as a cover of Rainbows "Gates of Babylon" which was one of the highlites....

They played my fave Yngwie song aswell.. "I am a viking"

Anyway if your considering going 2 a Yngwie concert i highly recomend it.... Hes an amazing performer aswell as guitarist!!!
Klondikekat
Melodic Maniac
10 IQ
The guy gets slated too often for wanking. He's not the most emotional or melodic of the lot, but he's the pride of the genre! And yes, terribly entertaining to watch. What a backing band!
sheumack111
UG Board King
591 IQ
Quote by Klondikekat
The guy gets slated too often for wanking. He's not the most emotional or melodic of the lot, but he's the pride of the genre! And yes, terribly entertaining to watch. What a backing band!

I find him one of the most melodic of all the shredders... but thats just be...... God his band rocks..... The drummer did an insane solo aswell
backtothe70s
Gratch
883 IQ
well he do is great doing his thing, but to me he feels arrogant.

like "ok so now I played the theme once, lets do a 5minutes long solo so i can show of with my awsome skills"
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Nov 15, 2006,
gwitersnamps
Registered Offense
528 IQ
Quote by Klondikekat
he's the pride of the genre!

Tallest pygmy in camp.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
ferretman
Banned
181 IQ
I didn't know that sherinian was on the keys, thats pretty cool.
People slam Malmsteens live perfomances all the time because he jumps around alot and throws picks into the crowd. But I love watching him. Its cool how much he gets into it. And yeah sure he is arrogant but that just makes you love him even more.
sheumack111
UG Board King
591 IQ
Quote by ferretman
I didn't know that sherinian was on the keys, thats pretty cool.
People slam Malmsteens live perfomances all the time because he jumps around alot and throws picks into the crowd. But I love watching him. Its cool how much he gets into it. And yeah sure he is arrogant but that just makes you love him even more.

I cannot agree with you more...... I would much rahter see him charging round the stage full of excitement then watch Petrucci stand in the one spot looking at his guitar not even moving or aknowledging the crowd....... **** who cares if hes arrogant.... Alot of people in this world are, he has an excuse (if there is such a thing) hes one of the greatest guitarists ever.... A virtuoso....
Cheesepuff
i <3 you
2,386 IQ
Malmsteen's pretty good but there are better you know guys... and I don't consider him the pride of shred(which should be either becker,gilbert,petrucci, or vai), he's just one of the most awesome ones.
xtopher_aaron
692 IQ
to all who flame Yngwie, id love to see you guys pull of stuff like that, let alone create that music. Many people flame him for not 'feeling' it on stage, but trust me, the mans a genius. Maybe its because he comes from a Classical background, that some people might not understand or appreciate, but for those of you who do appreciate classical music, and like rock just as well, you will love Yngwie, he blends the two so well. In my opinion, hes the top dog when it comes to shredding with magnificent melodies, awesomely masterclass, just listen to Magnum Opus, you'll see, its no mindless wanking, its awesome melodic MUSIC, not noise, i assure you, but hey thats me, maybe you prefer Hip Hop or something, but hey, whateva turns ya on mates!!
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
~1954~
UG's guitar ninja
47 IQ
Hes definently the best at what He does- that is Neo- classical rock music... its just that hes very repetitive and sometimes it just seems like all he can really do is Alternate picking runs, Sweeping arpeggios and pedal tone licks.

5th Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM Apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
Quote by ferretman
People slam Malmsteens live perfomances all the time because he jumps around alot and throws picks into the crowd. But I love watching him. Its cool how much he gets into it.

To me, that's one of his few redeeming qualities. Why would someone rather watch some stiff ass stuck up dork play guitar with no emotion than watch someone get into it? If I just wanted to hear the music, I'd sit home and listen to the CD. But I go to a concert for the show as well as the music.

I respect him. He's a very talented guitarist. However, I really dislike his music, and he's an arrogant prick, although lately he's been a little better. His cover of Purple Haze is surprisingly good though.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Nov 24, 2006,
sheumack111
UG Board King
591 IQ
Quote by Stratwizard
I'm seeing him on 13th of December. Can't wait...

Seriously, it will be the best concert you will ever see........ His entrance the other night..... Soo good.... I wont tell you so it wont spoil the fun
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Quote by hardrock1315
To me, that's one of his few redeeming qualities. Why would someone rather watch some stiff ass stuck up dork play guitar with no emotion than watch someone get into it. If I just wanted to hear the music, I'd sit home and listen to the CD. But I go to a concert for the show as well as the music.

I respect him. He's a very talented guitarist. However, I really dislike his music, and he's an arrogant prick, although lately he's been a little better. His cover of Purple Haze is surprisingly good though.

┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

sheumack111
UG Board King
591 IQ
Haha... I was just about to quote that and say never say the word "Emotion" and shredder in the same sentance on UG
Reemster
Vanilla Ice look-alike
21 IQ
I think what he meant was that some players don't have " emotion" written all over their face (in their performance). Rather than the music not having any " emotion" .

Doesn't mean that, although it may not look like it, a particular player isn't enjoying his own music, of course.
Quote by rank-n-file
Spannious And The Homos has a nice ring to it.
or try the band name generator.

Quote by Resiliance
Where was I wrong? I WAS NEVER WRONG!

YOU WANT A WARNING BITCH?
garden of grey
Banned
348 IQ
Quote by Godly Moose

im gonna agree with GM, keep the E word out of this!

i am sick of yngwie zombie threads.
sweet_flower
I AM A GIRL
164 IQ
I will be seeing Yngwie in about 8 hours or so....

I am so excited I am wetting myself ^_^
GARGLING FOAMY SPIT
YOUR THROAT IS VIOLENTLY SLIT
THESE SYMPTOMS WON'T REMIT
YOU'RE FORCED TO CHOKE ON IT!
ferretman
Banned
181 IQ
Quote by ~1954~
Hes definently the best at what He does- that is Neo- classical rock music.

Dude. Thats a big call.
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
I really hope he plays Gates of Babylon in Perth on Sunday, I love Rainbow! Also touring will Doogie White is a real bonus (obviously) its so sad how he is playing in a nightclub though
I might try and meet him tomorrow at Kosmics new store opening.
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Stratwizard
Fotzejäger
1,472 IQ
Quote by hardrock1315
Why would someone rather watch some stiff ass stuck up dork play guitar with no ******* than watch someone get into it. If I just wanted to hear the music, I'd sit home and listen to the CD. But I go to a concert for the show as well as the music.

I agree. When I go to see a concert I want to see a real show and that Yngwie can definately do.

Dream Theater's gig was one of the most boring gigs I've ever attended. The guys just stood there, played their set and left. They played well, but couldn't get contact to the crowd.
eviledge87
The Wanker Banker
429 IQ
i got my first yngwie cd (Unleash the Fury) about a week before he come to where i live, but i didn't get to go, i was so pissed. People tell me they don't like his solos because they're so detached and just straight blazing, but he's the only person i listen to who sounds like that (besides cooley, but their styles are hugely different) so it doesn't bother me. The show in Columbus OH, where i live, the PA system went out, so apperenlty he solod by himself for about 12 minutes.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Witch-king
Dio
790 IQ
I'd love to see him play. I started listen to Rising Force again recently. As Above, So Below is fucking unreal.

3,512 IQ
Quote by Godly Moose

You obviously didn't read my post, I was talking about some other people, not Yngwie.
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Quote by hardrock1315
You obviously didn't read my post, I was talking about some other people, not Yngwie.

Pfft, no such thing as emotion(Hot human emotions), it's the dynamics, key, and tempo that usually makes people think that something is, "emotion".
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

bucky_2300
Onward!
1,344 IQ
I love Yngwie's live style. He just rocks out without abandon. I like to do that myself, so I can identify. No ninja kicks - but really, if you really get into things onstage and buy into it, the audience will too. Guitar flipping and pick throwing = very cool.

EDIT: Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlciQvsZCsw .
no
Last edited by bucky_2300 at Nov 25, 2006,
Musical Meds
Medicated State of Mind
497 IQ
wish i could see yngwie live. lucky bastages.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
breadstick
Stop that. Now.
2,150 IQ
hehehe...........hes fat. But i like his music
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Quote by breadstick
hehehe...........hes fat. But i like his music

So is 65% of the Adult population of the United States.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Stratwizard
Fotzejäger
1,472 IQ
Quote by breadstick
hehehe...........hes fat.

Where the **** do you live? In a cave?

Newsflash: He has lost a lot of weight and he's pretty much in the same shape as he was in the 80's.
lexhibit
lexhibit
43 IQ
Quote by bucky_2300
I love Yngwie's live style. He just rocks out without abandon. I like to do that myself, so I can identify. No ninja kicks - but really, if you really get into things onstage and buy into it, the audience will too. Guitar flipping and pick throwing = very cool.

EDIT: Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlciQvsZCsw .

Agreed, since I took up guitar tossing. We've been so busy we've had to turn down offers for gigs. My band thinks it's just because we're good. He he. THey don't get it. Show biz sells!
NaivexLi
One of UG's Viola Players
302 IQ
Quote by Stratwizard
Where the **** do you live? In a cave?

Newsflash: He has lost a lot of weight and he's pretty much in the same shape as he was in the 80's.

But no one will ever believe that.

Why?

Because a fat guy with an accent playing guitar? There isnt much funnier than that
garden of grey
Banned
348 IQ
Quote by NaivexLi
But no one will ever believe that.

Why?

Because a fat guy with an accent playing guitar? There isnt much funnier than that

o rly?

psycho petrucci is much funnier
Night_Lights
I've been here too long
863 IQ
as far an im concered, yngwie is a brilliant player. i want to see him live

leviathan \m/
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
b_r_u_t_a_l
368 IQ
i saw him back march...or maybe it was may...well anyways it was nuts and i was first in front of the stage with no barrier

hes definetly my personal guitar hero
peel money rolls 'til our thumbs get tha papercuts

only member of the dragonforce is homosexual club
Stratwizard
Fotzejäger
1,472 IQ
Quote by Night_Lights
i want to see him live

Quote by Rox0r713
I want to see him live so badly...

Haha... seeing him live on 14th on December. And in the venue where he's coming to, it's possible to get really close to the stage.
powerlord
UG Fanatic
796 IQ
You guys are forgetting,Yngwie can play anything he wants and any style,he just loves classical and that's what he plays,he has the skill and the speed to go where he wants with the guitar.
Schecter C-1 XXX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa MarkIII green stripe
Randall RM100
Park 412