Silbur
88 IQ
you spend absolutely ages learning to play guitar (an entire lifetime as no one will ever be able to say, I know everything there is to know about playing guitar), if your fortunate enough to come from, perhaps not wealthy then at least a financially comfortable family or background, as lessons can be expensive, then you'll be able to afford someone to teach you properly. I wasn't one of those, I taught myself the basics at least, being fortunate enough to have at least a modicum of musical talent.

Whatever I picked up about playing was by me just listening to music, listening to other more proficient guitar players and applying it to my playing, I found this easier and cheaper as I could not afford to have someone teach me even just how to read music, which still to this day I am still completely score illiterate. I have a gift of being able to pick up most songs by ear and I thank, maybe not god as I'm not a believer, but certainly the powers that decide who can and cannot play this wonderful instrument, that I was blessed with this ability.

So, when I tab some song that I spent time over learning, for the benefit of not just myself, but for other users on this site, I do not appreciate being told that "I stole it straght from the TAB guide, score, table whatever you call it.

I have been playing this instrument, among other self taught instruments for nearly 20 years. You don't play for that long and remain unable to retain a bit of knowledge, especially knowledge that you've either taught or discovered yourself.

So, in closing, although there may be people out there who do use this method of using TABs from TAB books, and why not, the musicians have got to make their money somehow, why not sell their work in mass published works for the average Joe Bloggs, I do not appreciate being referred to as a plagiarist, which is essntially what I have been called if someone tells me I've copied it straight from a TAB book.

*And breathe* there we are rant over
Omne tulit punctum qui miscuit utile dulci, lectorum delectando pariterque monendo

Horace, 65-68 B.C.
Last edited by Silbur at Nov 19, 2006,
fwibble
UG Senior Member
800 IQ
Paragraphs dude. Good grammar doesn't cost much.
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
the_crimison
=)
1,713 IQ
basically hes saying that he doesnt want people to say hes stolen tabs from tab books when hes transcribed them by ear.
Sigs are too hard to think up
soccermom
Yvon Of Yukon
1,181 IQ
Quote by the_crimison
basically hes saying that he doesnt want people to say hes stolen tabs from tab books when hes transcribed them by ear.

You could have got that from the last line without the pre-relevance whining
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Silbur
88 IQ
Quote by fwibble
Paragraphs dude. Good grammar doesn't cost much.

any better?
Omne tulit punctum qui miscuit utile dulci, lectorum delectando pariterque monendo

Horace, 65-68 B.C.
JustinYap
The Bluesman
299 IQ
I guess you got your point out there... You probably feel a little better
Blues Power
Silbur
88 IQ
Quote by JustinYap
I guess you got your point out there... You probably feel a little better

I do, Much thanks

Horace, 65-68 B.C.
IndieMetalhead
Is never online
1,124 IQ
**** happens. you can't stop the dimwits from stating infactual points.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
Quote by IndieMetalhead
**** happens. you can't stop the dimwits from stating infactual points.

Sent from my iPad.
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
*Problem solved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Yakult
Never You Mind
1,175 IQ
Threadstarter, you seriously need to grow a pair. You should be pleased that people think your tabs are good enough to have been taken from a book!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████