Page 2 of 345
Umm...Greety. You've gotta change the thread title, dude. Nobody's gonna know what to search for this thread as
The new song is pure shit

"Gears of War"

more like "Gears of Shit"

Is it at all related to the game?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
^i have a feeling it was a sort of publicity stunt. Mustaine hosted hbb the other day and he was basically promoting the game. Then they aired the music video, and i turned of my television
Quote by Impaler
I just heard Gears of war. I like it alot.

I thought it was boring. But its infinitely better than metallica's new songs, those were horse sh*t.

Oh, I have a question. Is tornado of souls downpicked or alternate picked? I mean Dave's parts.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Last edited by monkey of doom at Nov 24, 2006,
Quote by monkey of doom
I thought it was boring. But its infinitely better than metallica's new songs, those were horse sh*t.

Oh, I have a question. Is tornado of souls downpicked or alternate picked? I mean Dave's parts.

mostly down i think. well, thats how i play it, and it sounds better than alternate picked
So what Megadeth album do guys like best Rust in Peace or Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

I'm gonna have to go with peace sells.

Oh, and by the way, the threads title sucks dick.
Rust in peace and CTE. I never really liked the whole peace sells album.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Rust in Peace > CTT > Peace Sells...

One thing - Why the hell do people think Youthanasia is a very good album? I though it was rather average to be honest. Cryptic writings is better that that.
Quote by <><
Umm...Greety. You've gotta change the thread title, dude. Nobody's gonna know what to search for this thread as

Nevar.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by greety
Nevar.

MegaDave would have been a more appropiate title. After all he's the only surviving member since the 80's really.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
I always thought peace sells was kinda overrated.
I like "so far so good" so much more!
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Gears of War does nothing for me, the intro is great but the rest is just meh.

I don't really like Peace Sells, I listen to Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction more.

Youthanasia isn't a bad album either.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Anyone know how good 'The world needs a hero' is? I seen it in HMV the other day for 6 quid.

The only tracks I liked on Peace sells were, Wake up dead, the title track and Devils island. The cover of that Jeff beck song is a bit crappy.

Quote by monkey of doom
Anyone know how good 'The world needs a hero' is? I seen it in HMV the other day for 6 quid.

The only tracks I liked on Peace sells were, Wake up dead, the title track and Devils island. The cover of that Jeff beck song is a bit crappy.

the world needs a hero has a couple of good songs on it such as "Return to Hanger", "Dread and the Fugitive Mind" "Motopsycho".

Anyway I think Risk is better then most people say it is. It isnt metal and it isnt what a megadeth record should sound like, but for its genre (which is hard rock mixed with poppy soft rock) its actually quite a good album.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Mechanixx
the world needs a hero has a couple of good songs on it such as "Return to Hanger", "Dread and the Fugitive Mind" "Motopsycho".

Anyway I think Risk is better then most people say it is. It isnt metal and it isnt what a megadeth record should sound like, but for its genre (which is hard rock mixed with poppy soft rock) its actually quite a good album.

Yeah, I think I'll get that album. I've heard return to hangar and I'm liking it a lot. I've only heard bad things about Risk but I've yet to check it out. If the playing is good on it, I'll listen to it.

Noticed the name change Names mean nothing, as long as this f*ckin great band has its own thread, I'm happy. I hope this lasts as long the maiden thread.

Last edited by monkey of doom at Nov 25, 2006,
Got three albums: Peace Sells, Rust In Peace and Coutdown To Extinction

I would say CTE is my favourite

Good band, I hear a lot of critisism about Mustaine's vocals but I think they sound very good
Quote by GiantRaven
Got three albums: Peace Sells, Rust In Peace and Coutdown To Extinction

I would say CTE is my favourite

Good band, I hear a lot of critisism about Mustaine's vocals but I think they sound very good

His vocals are a like or loathe kind of thing. When I first got Rust in peace, the album went way over my head. It didn't register at all. Now, well to me anyway, it is their shining moment. Nothing will ever beat the majesty of Holy wars and Tornado of souls.

Tornado of Souls = The Sh1t !! Every Thrashhead should have this !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Am I the only one who doesn't see all this love for the ToS solo? Don't get me wrong, it's a good solo but I've heard much better from Friedman in 'Deth, Cacophony and solo work.

I would say there are a lot of more technical, faster solos by friedman. But to me thers something about that solo that I really love, I like the fact that aswell as fast its also catchy and quite melodic
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Why does everyone say gears of war sounds lame? I thought it was quite a good song, catchty intro riff, maybe kind of a weak verse melody but the solos kicked ass. Dave Mustaine never played solos that awsome before his arm injury..... And the out on tiles cover is gonna be sweet.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Quote by greety
That was me winning the sarcasm game. Damn.

You people suck, why did I even volunteer to mod this place?

You faggots don't even like Immortal anymore..what has this world come too!?!!?

DEAD.

um... I still love immortal?
Not me. Can't stand Immortal. Yeah, sorry about that off-topic post. Ummm...

I'm hoping the new album will be much better then "Gears of War."
damn what's with your people? i LOVE gears of war!! it can only get better with the studio version, i admit, when the backing vocals come on it sounds like shit, but that'll be fixed in the studio

oh and at the t of s solo not being the best comment, first off WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU lol j/k

but the point isn't really the technicality or speed, it's the way its put togethor and the different message it sends to each and every person

EDIT: so is this like the third deth thread? or second?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Last edited by seek_&_destroy at Nov 26, 2006,
I dunno about Gears of war. I like some bits of it but hate others.

I just had to learn Back In The Day by ear, solos note-for-note for my Strings Music class. Megadeth is a pretty decent band if I do say so myself.
Watch this, fellow Megadave fans.

Symphony cover

I f*ckin' love youtube.

Does anyone else crack up when they watch the Rude Awakening DVD and hears Mustaine try to sing "The Mechanix" and "Tornado of Souls"? It's so funny that even Ellefson cracks up!! on another note, Gears of war is a sweet song!! Finally, a return to the old megadeth or at least heading in that direction. I also agree with Seek and Destroy. The T of S solo is probably one of my favorites by Marty. You can feel his emotion and it just takes me to a higher plane of existence.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
So if balding people are the devil, your grandpa is satan's right hand man? Apparantly, the older we get, the more kvlt we are.

Founder of the Del tha funky homosapien club. pm me to join
Its that fast lick near the end. The one were he sweeps into it. It slays me everytime.

Quote by dethofmoo
what the hell is wrong with that dude's guitar? it sounds like farts......

I think that's his singing, actually.
The best Megadeth song hands down is Holy Wars and Hangar 18. The solos in both of these songs are some of the greatest in thrash metal history.
Quote by Andrew Zara
The best Megadeth song hands down is Holy Wars and Hangar 18. The solos in both of these songs are some of the greatest in thrash metal history.

I'm not too impressed with Friedman's work on Holy Wars, actually. Of course, they're great solos, but I know he can do better. Dave's solo rocks in it, though.