Page 3 of 345
Silly question: Who wrote most of the hangar 18 solos? Dave or Friedman?

Oh, and has anyone gone to the official Megadeth site and downloaded the song "Gears Of War"?

It's a promo from their up and coming album.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
I enjoy Megadeth from time to time, not my favorite bands but a lot of their music is very listenable.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by Eternal_One
Silly question: Who wrote most of the hangar 18 solos? Dave or Friedman?

Oh, and has anyone gone to the official Megadeth site and downloaded the song "Gears Of War"?

It's a promo from their up and coming album.

Friedman. Mustaine had 3 of the 11 solos.
I think Marty's solos in Holy wars are absolutely amazing. They actually make the song better in my opinion which is quite rare for metal. You can see in this song alone, the different styles of Dave and Marty and how they worked so well.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by monkey of doom
I think Marty's solos in Holy wars are absolutely amazing. They actually make the song better in my opinion which is quite rare for metal. You can see in this song alone, the different styles of Dave and Marty and how they worked so well.

Exactly!! Marty's acoustic middle eastern-sounding lick is my favorite solo on that song next to dave's (this being because I can play dave's solo note for note )
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
So if balding people are the devil, your grandpa is satan's right hand man? Apparantly, the older we get, the more kvlt we are.

Founder of the Del tha funky homosapien club. pm me to join
I really think Dave Mustaine and Marty Friedman are a really underrated guitar duo. They complement each other so unbelievably well, and yet they arnt widely recognised for it.

EDIT: Can we try and get some more Megadeth on the new rec thread (Possibly Peace Sells and Youthanasia)? I know I should post this on the feedback thread but My post was completely overlooked
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Nov 29, 2006,
Quote by shadows666
Exactly!! Marty's acoustic middle eastern-sounding lick is my favorite solo on that song next to dave's (this being because I can play dave's solo note for note )

I forgot about the acoustic part, that part's awesome.
Is Mechanix basically the four horsemen by Metallica? All the guitar parts are exactly the same as the metallica version. And I've also noticed that the chord progression in the beginning of hanger 18 is the same as the call of ktulu by metallica. I know dave mustaine wrote both of those songs, but I think it's stupid that only metallica became famous over the songs that dave wrote and megadeth is always in the shadows.
Quote by Andrew Zara
Is Mechanix basically the four horsemen by Metallica? All the guitar parts are exactly the same as the metallica version. And I've also noticed that the chord progression in the beginning of hanger 18 is the same as the call of ktulu by metallica. I know dave mustaine wrote both of those songs, but I think it's stupid that only metallica became famous over the songs that dave wrote and megadeth is always in the shadows.

Yeah, they're the same songs, but different lyrics.

Meh. I prefer the Four Horsemen, but that's just me.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Yeah, they're the same songs, but different lyrics.

Meh. I prefer the Four Horsemen, but that's just me.

Yeah me too, mainly because the Four Horsemen has the middle instrumental part with the extra solo.
That AND to be totally honest, the lyrics to Four Horsemen are way better than that of Mechanix. Well maybe not so much the lyrics but more the THEME.

But ye, that acoustic/clean guitar middle eastern sounding interlude/solo on Holy Wars is totally wicked. And so is the riff that comes just after it.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Yup the lyrics suck in the mechanix. But I like the music better.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
They both have a galloping riff, but it suits the four horsemen better for obvious reasons lol
At the moment, I just like to listen metal with no slow, melodic parts. I dunno if thats just me but anyway. Its probably the reason I like the mechanix better than the four horsemen now.

Nah, I don't think the rec thread needs more megadeth. They pretty much hit all the bases.

haven't heard them yet?

what are they like?
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Quote by monkey of doom
At the moment, I just like to listen metal with no slow, melodic parts. I dunno if thats just me but anyway. Its probably the reason I like the mechanix better than the four horsemen now.

Nah, I don't think the rec thread needs more megadeth. They pretty much hit all the bases.

Nah they only have Rust In peace and countdown to extiction, wheras loads of other less influental bands have way more up there. Peace Sells definetely deserves to be up there

oh and to the other guy washington is next is really good, but im not a big gears of war fan (have only heard it once tho)
Quote by Rockstar12345
I agree with someone up there who said
Megadeth > Metallica but
Four Horsemen > Mechanix

Still pisses me off though the way Megadeth are overshadowed by Metallica but they are in a hell of a lot of respects a better band. They deserve more respect too, and 'tallica should pay more dues to Mustaine for all he wrote on the likes of Kill 'Em All.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
to every person who had ever touched an electric guitar, to every person who got the chance to listen to metal music, you guys have to thank god that he putted dave mustain in your miserable life. shut the **** up, and don't even try to say something against this heavy metal god, and thank him at least for launching metallica from the first album ever.

get a life. pigs
Quote by monster_of_rock
to every person who had ever touched an electric guitar, to every person who got the chance to listen to metal music, you guys have to thank god that he putted dave mustain in your miserable life. shut the **** up, and don't even try to say something against this heavy metal god, and thank him at least for launching metallica from the first album ever.

get a life. pigs

Quote by monster_of_rock

get a life. pigs

Putted. Ha.
Quote by monster_of_rock

get a life. pigs

WTF?!

Are you drunk...............?

Quote by monster_of_rock

get a life. pigs

It's MustainE. And your last line makes as much sense as a dingo in a iceberg.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
Um.... anyway.

I really think So Far So Good So What is criminally underrated. Between In My Darkest Hour, Mary Jane, and Anarchy In the UK (or is it USA? I can never remember) I'd say it's easily one of their better albums. Even if it does lack the melodic shreddiness of post-RIP and the sing-along choruses of Peace Sells and Killing...

Opinions: Which song do you guys like better, Peace Sells or Devils Island?
^I personally enjoy both of them the same. They are both slammin tracks and the solo's rule! If I had to choose though, it would probably be Peace Sells just because I learned it before I learned Devil's Island on guitar.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
So if balding people are the devil, your grandpa is satan's right hand man? Apparantly, the older we get, the more kvlt we are.

Founder of the Del tha funky homosapien club. pm me to join
Peace sells, definitely.

Quote by Danno13
Um.... anyway.

I really think So Far So Good So What is criminally underrated. Between In My Darkest Hour, Mary Jane, and Anarchy In the UK (or is it USA? I can never remember) I'd say it's easily one of their better albums. Even if it does lack the melodic shreddiness of post-RIP and the sing-along choruses of Peace Sells and Killing...

Opinions: Which song do you guys like better, Peace Sells or Devils Island?

yeah so far so good is mega underrated; no bad songs on it, awesome riffs, good solos. its probably my favourite deth album

and i prefer devils island cause i love a galloping rythm
I don't like the vocals on Devil's Island at all (this is coming from someone who normally does like mustaine's singing), so Peace Sells, definitly.

How about..

Five Magics vs Lucretia?

For me it'd have to be FM. It's a lot faster, and the guitar parts are (imo) cooler. The singing in the chorus is annoying, but the second verse more then makes up for it.
Peace Sells.

And Definetely Five Magics its a great song. Luctretia is good but Five Magics is a lot better. I just love that bit from "Possesed with Hellish Torment" where he does everything in a funny voice. I think that should go on the moments of brilliance thread definetely. And apart from that its just a great track.

SO far is a good album. Not as good as RiP, PSBWB, CTE or Youth but its still a 9/10 top notch album
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by Mechanixx
Peace Sells.

And Definetely Five Magics its a great song. Luctretia is good but Five Magics is a lot better. I just love that bit from "Possesed with Hellish Torment" where he does everything in a funny voice. I think that should go on the moments of brilliance thread definetely. And apart from that its just a great track.

SO far is a good album. Not as good as RiP, PSBWB, CTE or Youth but its still a 9/10 top notch album

Is that actually Mustaine singing the echo part too? If so, I didn't realize how low of an octave he could sing.
Let me start off by starting off by saying that I don't understand why people like Megadeth. Sure the guitars are good, but Mustaine sings like nails on a chalkboard. His singing sounds like the screaching of a cat with it's tail stuck in a car door.

So Megadeth fans, please explain to me how Megadeth is good.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Because the music is good, some people like his voice, some don't. The music well enough makes up for his lack of singing.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by Rhyan_EG
Let me start off by starting off by saying that I don't understand why people like Megadeth. Sure the guitars are good, but Mustaine sings like nails on a chalkboard. His singing sounds like the screaching of a cat with it's tail stuck in a car door.

It's called a ****ing opinion.

Anyway, Rust in Peace is really owning me right now. I never realized how good that album is
I prefer Peace Sells and Lucretia, (For some reason songs like Wake up dead and Devil's Island weren't among my favorites at first) in fact I disliked them. But now I really enjoy the Mustaine Solos found in each, and their each pretty lyrically genius.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Mmm...I got Peace Sells...But Who's Buying for Xmas. Holy shit, does it own.

Mustaine's actually a better player than I thought he was. His stuff of RiP isn't anywhere near as good as his stuff on Peace Sells.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
His stuff of RiP isn't anywhere near as good as his stuff on Peace Sells.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you're a fag
Quote by Nelsean

I never really heard a lot of Megadeth.

Can anyone tell me some good albums to check out?

all of them
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by Rhyan_EG

This man's had too much Metallica, his opinion can only be taken as seriously as an albanian horses rear end. I assume you wouldn't really understand. I was introduced to Megadeth through my original Metallica obsession (basically Dave Mustaine being a foot note in their history although he can be attributed for much of thier success). Eversince I pumped Symphony of Destruction and Lucretia into these ears of mine, well i've been hooked. I just plain out stopped listening to Metadirca, and Megadeth being my gateway to REAL metal, I stepped through.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
I have a question.

Why does Mechanix sound SO ****IN MUCH like the Four Horsemen? Even the solo does. I know Dave must have written that song for Metallica, but why would he use it again?
Quote by Feel bad inc.
Id get everyone to eat taco's then fart in one direction, taking us slightly closer to the sun, heating us up enough to avert the ice age...