Page 4 of 345
Quote by Chink182
I have a question.

Why does Mechanix sound SO ****IN MUCH like the Four Horsemen? Even the solo does. I know Dave must have written that song for Metallica, but why would he use it again?

If u wrote a great song for a band u were kicked out of why wouldnt u want to use it in ur new band if u really liked it?

Anyway to that other guy sumwhere above me, yes Dave mustaine does own and no Rust in Peace is better then Peace Sells. and to the other other guy metallica suck donkeys dick compared to megadeth. I was introduced to megadeth through metallica nd Ive loved them ever since
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
does anyone know if Killing Is My Business is still available? i've been looking all over for it and i asked a guy at my local record shop to order it, and he told me every time he tries to order it his order gets sent back cancelled...
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
I wouldn't know. Maybe look on eBay.

Just listening to Good Mourning/Black Friday right now. Man that is one kick ass song...
I posted this in the only Metallica thread, but this seems like a better place:

I'm trying to decide if Megadeth really are better than Metallica, but I'm struggling to find anything as absolutely epic as instrumentals like Orion and Call Of Ktulu and songs like One and MOP. So can someone help me out?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by !xobile
does anyone know if Killing Is My Business is still available? i've been looking all over for it and i asked a guy at my local record shop to order it, and he told me every time he tries to order it his order gets sent back cancelled...

Im pretty sure they do, if thats the album im thinking of crrectly, their selling it for like $10 at my local jb hifi
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Quote by JamesDouglas
I posted this in the only Metallica thread, but this seems like a better place:

I'm trying to decide if Megadeth really are better than Metallica, but I'm struggling to find anything as absolutely epic as instrumentals like Orion and Call Of Ktulu and songs like One and MOP. So can someone help me out?

2 things mate. The first thing is that Metallica and Megadeth are 2 VERY different bands despite the obvious similarities. Metallica, imo, *had* a thing about them that they could produce very epic sounding music, I mean shit, just listen to Puppets, but its goes as far back as Kill em all (phantom lord, for example). Now Megadeth were obviously a lot fukcing faster than 'tallica (and most other bands for that matter). I'm not saying one is better than the other, just different. As far as epic sounding instrumentals, i cant thing of any, but some cool songs that have that epic feel would be Holy Wars... the Punishment Due, Last Rites/Loved to Death, Trust, When (those are 4 very different songs, so listen to them all, and LOVE THEM).

Secondly, ANOTHER SOUTH AFRICAN. I gotta ask, do you have a brother whose name starts with a "b"?
Quote by powerhead
2 things mate. The first thing is that Metallica and Megadeth are 2 VERY different bands despite the obvious similarities. Metallica, imo, *had* a thing about them that they could produce very epic sounding music, I mean shit, just listen to Puppets, but its goes as far back as Kill em all (phantom lord, for example). Now Megadeth were obviously a lot fukcing faster than 'tallica (and most other bands for that matter). I'm not saying one is better than the other, just different. As far as epic sounding instrumentals, i cant thing of any, but some cool songs that have that epic feel would be Holy Wars... the Punishment Due, Last Rites/Loved to Death, Trust, When (those are 4 very different songs, so listen to them all, and LOVE THEM).

Secondly, ANOTHER SOUTH AFRICAN. I gotta ask, do you have a brother whose name starts with a "b"?

My brother Brett? Why yes. And now I have a sneaking suspicion as to who this is.

That's another thing, I hate it when people compare Metallica and Megadeth because they're different, I mean come on (said in Jimmy voice)

Although I don't think Megadeth are particularly fast, I mean, listen to Whiplash by Metallica for example.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Last edited by JamesDouglas at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by JamesDouglas

Although I don't think Megadeth are particularly fast, I mean, listen to Whiplash by Metallica for example.

SHHHHHHH!!!! the others will slay you if they hear that.... (listen to "killing is my business... and business is good", their first album).
Quote by powerhead
SHHHHHHH!!!! the others will slay you if they hear that.... (listen to "killing is my business... and business is good", their first album).

Right-o, now who are you?
Quote by JamesDouglas

That's another thing, I hate it when people compare Metallica and Megadeth because they're different, I mean come on (said in Jimmy voice)

The main reason people compare them isnt because their alike, but more because of Dave Mustaine being an original member of Metallica that was booted and then started up Megadeth. And due to this , their is a feud between the two bands. So its been more of a competition of whos better.

But also i guess who helped developed thrash more as well i guess. They were roughly around the same time and also played "thrash" but also had their huge differences.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Me and a friend have the Metallica vs. Megadeth argument all the time. I think metallica is good because they can write good acoustic songs like nothing else matters and fade to black, but megadeth is just raw metal! Its hard to compare.

Personally i say Megadeth is better.

I dont really care what megadeth song i listen to, just as long as its got the megadeth sound that nobody else really has.
Quote by Icarus66
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you're a fag

lol

It's true, though.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Megadeth need to release United Abominations now, to steal a march on metallica
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by METSOAD
Megadeth need to release United Abominations now, to steal a march on metallica

It'll probably suck. Meh, I'll buy it anyway.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by monkey of doom
It'll probably suck. Meh, I'll buy it anyway.

I can guarantee it'll be better then anything metallica release in the future
Quote by Revelations
I can guarantee it'll be better then anything metallica release in the future

Quite, but both bands are shadows of their former selves. But still my hope lies with Dave Mustaine to produced something good.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Personally, I didn't think that TSHF was as bad of an album as many people seem to think. I didn't like St. Anger though (/suprise) so my expectations also lie with Megadeth. Even though it won't be another Rust in Peace, I don't expect it to tank.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
People shouldn't expect it o be another Rust in Peace since Countown and the rest weren't either,but they can sure expect a kickass Megadeth album!!! im gettin it
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
i heard Dave's going to be endorsed by Dean now? anyone else WTFed?! about it,i don't think it suits him,though it's better than Gibson which was one of his choices before ESP
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
Quote by Instrumetal
Personally, I didn't think that TSHF was as bad of an album as many people seem to think. I didn't like St. Anger though (/suprise) so my expectations also lie with Megadeth. Even though it won't be another Rust in Peace, I don't expect it to tank.

Thats pretty much the same as me. Gears of War to me wasnt a particulary bad song either. So my hopes are high.

Well, i hope he doesnt change to Dean. not a big fan of Dean personally. But i reckon he should stick to ESP or go back to Jackson.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Last edited by GuitarSacrifice at Jan 13, 2007,
Well, he said his pick will be a surprise. and jackson is not really a surprise. lol

I heard it's Dean. might be wierd to see him with it at first, but oh well, it might work.

better than Gibson.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
but then again, Jackson can still be a surprised because people wont be expecting him to go back to Jackson!
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
I would be happy if he went back to Jackson, however a real flying V is always awsome, nomatter who is playing it.
i think Dave Mustaine would go well with Dean guitars, i finally got a copy of Rust In Peace and Tornado of Souls, well it might be my new favorite song. I heard Mustaine is gonna endorse Krank Amps too.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
I just put MegaDave's Seymour Duncan pickups into my Jackson and the tone is scorching now, I can compress the shit outta it and every note/chord sounds HUGE, godly sustain, PH's flying out of my ass like EVH, it totally ****in slays.

Now about Daves new guitar. If he went back to Jackson, that would be epic. Dean seems likely, with Gibson maybe a darkhorse in the running. I dont think it really matters except for looks. Dave could make a squier played through a 15w combo amp sound good, it wont matter wat he plays, its still gonna be MegaDave shaking your teeth fillings with his crushing megarhythm.
^ i used to know, but what picks up does he use again??

i just want him to go back like the old days and once again hold a Jackson axe within his might hands!! Im just curious to why artists are jumping over to Dean all of a sudden.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Quote by GuitarSacrifice

i just want him to go back like the old days and once again hold a Jackson axe within his might hands!! Im just curious to why artists are jumping over to Dean all of a sudden.

Probably money...
Quote by GuitarSacrifice

Apparently, Dean guitars kick ass. Never played one myself.

Dave uses his signature Dave Mustaine SD active pups, which are basically active versions of the SD Jeff Beck and Jazz (which he used before).

Anyway I like Deans, but I wish hed go back to jackson.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I heard there's gonna be a cover of Led Zeppelin's Out on the Tiles on United Abominations. I really couldn't imagine Megadeth doing an acoustic Zeppelin song.

I like the look of the Deans. And they play alright, but it would be awesome if Dave went back to the Jackson.
Quote by Fuze
I heard there's gonna be a cover of Led Zeppelin's Out on the Tiles on United Abominations. I really couldn't imagine Megadeth doing an acoustic Zeppelin song.

I like the look of the Deans. And they play alright, but it would be awesome if Dave went back to the Jackson.

yeah he said it was gonna be "the highlight of the album"

Dave said he wasn't choosing Gibson for sure since they can't make changes for it to be a four knob or 24 fretter,so Dean is your best choice i'd love it if he went back to Jackson,but he won't since he's asshurt that they sold it to Fender and not him,i agree with him,he was their number one endorser!
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
Quote by monkey of doom
Apparently, Dean guitars kick ass. Never played one myself.

Yes, they kick ass according all those people getting free guitars and lots of money, I'm sure they are unbiased and fair.