Page 5 of 345
I absolutely love Megadeth. I prefer them over Metallica.
"If you want to change the way people respond to you, change the way you respond to people."
-Timothy Leary
i remember hearing a long time ago about Mustaine thinking about going to Hamer before he went to ESP
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
All that I know now is that I hope that he doesn't go to dean. There are so many signs he is... I wish he would go back to Jackson.
Ok im yet 2 see a post about megadeth come on people kick it up a notch

(best from megadeth has 2 be a tout le monde !!!!)

adios
Quote by randomdude123
Ok im yet 2 see a post about megadeth come on people kick it up a notch

(best from megadeth has 2 be a tout le monde !!!!)

adios

Yeah, or She-Wolf, highly undrerated song
Marty Friedman FTW
Quote by Mentallyill
I absolutely love Megadeth. I prefer them over Metallica.

each band has it's own flavour
Wolv
Quote by Thedarkwolf
each band has it's own flavour

Yes but Megadeths is easily the most tasty.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I was (and am) listening to tornado of souls when I saw this thread and clicked on it. Could have guessed there would be comparisons between them and Metallica.

And I think Megadeth has a more spicy flavor imo.
Megadeth varies their sound more than Metallica does...I mean, 90% of Metallicas riffs are Powerchord 5ths with open bass notes between them.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
Megadeth varies their sound more than Metallica does...I mean, 90% of Metallicas riffs are Powerchord 5ths with open bass notes between them.

their songs are just the main riff with a couple of changes...yoda:very creative guys are they
JOHN has his HANonmyCOCK
Just heard Gears of War. I must say, it didn't blow me away, but it was not bad. I hope the rest of the album's up tempo.
Quote by Instrumetal

I tried to like Metallica again, and I'm talking about the early stuff...and I just...can't. It just seems cheesy after everything else I've listened to. Even for thrash metal. I mean, AJFA was good, but the sort of sound and production they had on there was leaning towards the Black album, I could definetly see that. Nonetheless, decent songwriting on it. Hetfield is most tolerable here and in Puppets.

However, I think Rust in Peace blows anything Metallica have done away. For the most part. Megadeth really haven't tread in Black album grounds really, can't count Youthanasia or Risk even though they weren't that great, so in those respects, Metallica beat them in that they have covered more sounds. But who cares, Megadeth are great. I really have started to enjoy Mustaines voice and that constipated seagull sound is really effective in creating the aura around Megadeth and Mustaine specifically that is excellent for thrash metal. I thought Mustaine would quit after that incident with his arm, but look at his recent changes: kind of appologized to Metallica for all the bullshit that he's said about them, although I think it's really up to him if he wants to keep the grudge (it may be childish, but I think it's a vital part of who Mustaine was or maybe still is and it was his opinion, so if he kept it, would have been good, but now that's said bye to expressing those thoughts, and maybe suppressed them I think it shows how he's maturing), and he continued after almost losing the capability to play guitar with his arm after doctors told him he would never be able to play again. Thus far, they have released The System Has Failed, have been a major part of Gigantour and have equal set times with the likes of gods Dream Theater, and they are going for another Gigantour and releasing another album in the true spirit of thrash metal. Go MegaDave!!!
I've found Jesus
Quote by Mechanixx
Yes but Megadeths is easily the most tasty.

Not realy, Metallica have great thrashing riffs,Megadeth is less thrashier,with bad vocals,but great leads

But i can't compare the two,as i said ,each has it's own flavour
Wolv
Quote by Instrumetal

Ever heard of something called Fucking Thrash Metal ?
Wolv
I think you should all sign up to the megadeth forums...
it's such a cool place. the band members post there ALL the time on the forums, Glen has his own thread where he answers fans, about guitar stuff of course. and they have they post everyonce in a while in their main forums.

there's the bitch board, wich is incredibly mature, and a very fun read. there's the total anarchy, wich is like our Pit, but the anarchy is way cooler. and there's the spam forum.

there's lots of people there who dont like megadeth, and they signed up just for the cool forums. so yeah, check it out, you wont regret it.

so.. is this advertising? am I gonna get a warning?
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by faqu
I think you should all sign up to the megadeth forums...
it's such a cool place. the band members post there ALL the time on the forums, Glen has his own thread where he answers fans, about guitar stuff of course. and they have they post everyonce in a while in their main forums.

there's the bitch board, wich is incredibly mature, and a very fun read. there's the total anarchy, wich is like our Pit, but the anarchy is way cooler. and there's the spam forum.

there's lots of people there who dont like megadeth, and they signed up just for the cool forums. so yeah, check it out, you wont regret it.

so.. is this advertising? am I gonna get a warning?

sweet I was considering doing it anyway but now I will.

Anyway, Megadeths riffs are easily as thrashy as metallicas, you just need to listen to the right songs. Mustaines vocals fit the music a lot better then Hetfields. And Megadeth definetely write better melodys then Metallica, and even with their thrashy songs they still are more melodic then metallica. Also Megadeth stayed a lot truer to their thrash roots, Risk is the only album where there is a proper departure from Thrash, but Risk is a great hard rock album (not metal), on every album prior to Risk theres proper Heavy Metal or Thrash Metal songs. And Megadeths leads are a lot better then metallicas. The only Metallica album I can really get into is Kill em All.
Quote by Rockstar12345
*Joins Megadeth forum*

The leads and solos on Megadeth tracks are far better, and the guitarist as well. In riffs, Dave keeps up with James, and Marty Friedman or Glen Drover can run circles around Kirk Hammet.

And I don't care if its thrash, a genre is not an excuse for making 5 albums of the same riffs rehashed.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Along with Marty Friedman having a kickass solo career and being able to play thousands of different styles of music.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
ATTENTION BITCHES!!!

in 40 minutes dave mustaine will announce his new guitar deal live from NAMN! there will be a live webcast. go to www.megadeth.com for more imformation.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
The Dean looks nice, but it's probably going to be a huge price tag just like all the Dime models...

The sharkfins are cool though, better than the dots and 8 ball on his ESP. The ESP is still probably a better guitar, oh well...Dave still rules.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!

UG Profile
I usually don't like gold hardware on ANY guitar, but that one looks pretty sex IMO. Either way, I might check 'em out if the price/quallity ratio is good.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
The black one is quite creamworthy, but I still find the grey/silver one to be a little better just because it's not as flashy and a little more elegant looking.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Leonheart
That top one makes me cream my pants...

oooooh hell yeah!

That's one sexy guitar!

shame it's a limited edition...

UG Profile
The New Deans are lush I have to say. Specially the first one, which is apparently also available in Red *drools*.
Quote by Rockstar12345
i'm in love with those guitars... too bad i am poor.

can't wait for UNITED ABOMINATIONS
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
If that first one is in red, that'd be lush, I've seen a guitar with red finish/gold hardware before, looked awesome.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I was at namm when he unveiled it. I talked to him a little bit and he's cocky but cool none the less.
^ What did he say?

UG Profile