sully111
655 IQ
Hey, i noticed you have a politcal thread aswell as a religous thread and have a little about summmary about them in the forum rules , however you did not have a philosphy thread which i have created, i hope you dont mind me creating it. Philosphy encounters many subjects such as; science, religon, morals, ethics and history i was quite suprised when on the forum there was no thread for such a thing, here people can voice there opinions on many philosophical issues, it has been a good sucsses and has already recieved 100 replies all of which are constructive, even the one about chief wigams philosphys. So i was hoping if you could pin the thread, like the political and religous thread and maybe make it an officially recognised UG thread like the other thread's mentioned.
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
I second that motion.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Nickster
Banned
80 IQ
Leave philosophy and politics in the bars with drug old white men.
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
Quote by Nickster

Coming from someone with a Socrates quote in their sig...

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
sully111
655 IQ
Quote by Nickster

i belive your signiture is a quote from Socrates explaining why philosphy is important.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,228 IQ
Nah, I don't think I'm going to sticky it.

For one, you spelled philosophy wrong.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Nickster
Banned
80 IQ
Wow im impressed i didnt think you guys would catch that, sweet. rock on
sully111
655 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
Nah, I don't think I'm going to sticky it.

For one, you spelled philosophy wrong.

kk, but do you have any other reasons of why you do not want to sticky it, and i may notify you that that signature semms to philosophically based.
Rankles
2,481 IQ
Those threads are there because before they were there there were dozens of politcal, religious and relationship threads clogging up the forum... there.

Therefore (I'll stop) a philosophy thread would only be needed officially in suchn a case, and such a case does not exist. If you started one fine, but Only threads are essentially to confine discussion.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
Quote by Nickster
Philosophy latin for love of wisdom

*greek.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,228 IQ
Quote by sully111
kk, but do you have any other reasons of why you do not want to sticky it, and i may notify you that that signature semms to philosophically based.

Nope; welcome to Biblical scripture, my friend.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
sully111
655 IQ
Quote by Rankles
Those threads are there because before they were there there were dozens of politcal, religious and relationship threads clogging up the forum... there.

Therefore (I'll stop) a philosophy thread would only be needed officially in suchn a case, and such a case does not exist. If you started one fine, but Only threads are essentially to confine discussion.

Being a member in the forum for some time think i joined fed 2005(not sure) i have noticed many philosphical talk all over the pit and over many frums in UG mainly advice but quite alot of philosphy, politcal and religous threads seem to contain acsses philosophical talk which belongs in a sole philosphy thread.However, i do understand your point, but my point being philosphy is not recieving a recognition of which it should recieve and people mistake it for political talk or religous talk.Philosphy also offers an alternative to religon one of which would be a nice change for some people who have finally found what they have been looking for, in the form of the philosphy thread.
sully111
655 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
Nope; welcome to Biblical scripture, my friend.

actually biblical scripture my friend is philosphical written by theologican's which if you investigate further are types of philosphers, like Aquinas, also many religous ideas jeudo-christian beliefs derive from philosphical teachings (usually from Aristole or Plato.)
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,228 IQ
Yeah man, I know. Don't attempt to try to explain this to me.

The answer is NO, I will not sticky an "ONLY philosophical thread" for the sole reason that I do not see an adequate amount of threads or discussions warranting it.

I'm also closing this in order to stop you from trying to enlighten me, as I doubt you can.
Rankles
2,481 IQ
Just a quick post here, at what point did Only threads become good?

Here we have a pit where you can make as many different philosophy threads as you wish and not have rules put on it, but you'd rather it all be confined to one thread?

Only threads are a punishment for common, often ill informed threads that crop up constantly. It's like thread jail.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,228 IQ
Damnit Rankles lol

DEFY MY CLOSED THREAD WHY DON'T YOU