Page 1 of 17
this is the perfect band to demonstrate the future, the new insturments and directions for the Indie scene, they can melt some styles all together and make it into the AF style.

I think their folk likr lyric style, really suits they high-beat acoustic techniques, I absoloutly love this band, you have no idea how hard it was to find the album in Israel.

My dying wish is to be in one of their shows.

Discuss

P.S

I did made a search, and I didn't find any defined thread for the band
...And The Nominees Are
Great band. I would LOVE them if they had some better vocalists, but it's OK. As it is, I am perfectly happy with their sound. Funeral was crazy good.

The next album (due in 2007) will be killer.
i think their vocals kick ass, maybe the girl gets a little wierd, but it just takes some getting used to.
can't wait for the new album,

The vocals ARE good, Win Butler has this kind of 'tired' voice, I can really dig it.
...And The Nominees Are
I proper love them.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
it's hard to believe we don't already have a thread on them

oh right, we do

personally, think they're alright, but they'd be nothing without the montreal influence. and by that, i mean ripping off every other band in montreal
really? what other bands do they sound like? i'd like to check them out for myself.
to me there's a huge difference from their ep to their lp. and the lp being recorded at hotel2tango. if you need me to explain more, you really ought to do some reading.
I haven't heard enough of them... Only a few songs, but I love what I hear.
And when Wake Up came on as the intro music at the U2 concert I was at last week... It was so damn good. Best intro song for a stadium gig ever.
I lvoe these guys! Very different from all other bands around now, and I can't wait for the next album.

Funeral was absolutley amazing, and I can listen to it ANYTIME, so they've got a massive album to beat.
The Arcade Fire is amazing! I love all their songs. For some reason I didnt used to like them, but then I heard them play Rebellion live and it was just great. So I listened to a lot of their other stuff and its so great. The lyrics and vocals really fit with he mood of the music.
Though brilliant, Funeral can get a bit boring sometimes. Especially in the second half (except Rebellion)
Last edited by Godzilla1969 at Nov 29, 2006,
^ I think most people just played it quite a lot when they first got it as it is an excellent album from first listen, but it seemed to tire reasonably quickly. I hate how bands have been appearing lately as, "the best thing ever" and then they've completely disappeared a year and a half later. If I was one of these labels I'd make sure there was a single out by now and getting attention to at least remind people that the band still exists.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
really? funeral gets better for me with every listen. but i agree it does seem like they've vanished, but the album in '07 will hopefully shoot them back to our attention
Quote by Blue Motion
really? funeral gets better for me with every listen. but i agree it does seem like they've vanished, but the album in '07 will hopefully shoot them back to our attention

Don't get me wrong; I love Funeral. I think it's terrific. It's just that I have to be in a certain mood to enjoy the whole album all the way through.
I just started listening to them. I haven't listened to funeral all of the way through yet, but I'm digging them a lot.

They have some really sweet instrumentation. I think its cool that a lot of bands lately are breaking free from traditional rock instruments.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
^Exactly. Their use of things like the violin and unconventional percussion instruments is what sets them apart from a lot of music.
I love them. heres another thread i'm gonna ***** about in now

Funeral can get a bit boring, crown of love drives me insane, its one of the few songs i can't really stand.

and on the Newsfront, they're recording crap. with big giant church organs *creams*

and no cars go = teh sex.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^Stop killing threads

I have been listening to funeral for two straight months now, I just can't get enough of it.

How can you say church organs are crap? just wait! they can make it work!

Laika is my favourite track, especially live.

Everyone are welcome to join the club if you wanna..
...And The Nominees Are
Last edited by jagstang270 at Dec 1, 2006,
Quote by jagstang270
^Stop killing threads

I ahve been listening to funeral for two straight months now, I just can't get enough of it.

it wasnt me

How can you sat church organs are crap? just wait! they can make it work!

you misread. i said " as for news they're recording crap. With organs *creams*

notice that fullstop, and crap in the wrong context

Laike is my favourite track, especially live.

Everyone are welcome to join the club if you wanna..

nahhh.

Quote by metaldud536

Indiemetalhead sings along to the Arcade Fire whilst waiting around at gigs. True story.
Quote by Kensai
Quote by jallas
Indiemetalhead sings along to the Arcade Fire whilst waiting around at gigs. True story.

one question, how did you know it was me, i thought you only noticed it was me just before muse came on, so you wouldnt have seen me Pre-wankband.

lol. its hurting my brain.

Quote by metaldud536

Well, I was looknig for you, remember, way over to the wrong direction. Then you phoned me so I saw you. Then l8rz on the arcade fire song was playing and I was looking at you and you were all bopping along, singing
Quote by Kensai
^oh yea

mmmmm, rebellion.

Quote by metaldud536

^hasn't been announced as far as i know

Quote by metaldud536

*bump*

wins written about this 'RED' campaign, incase anyone hasnt seen

http://www.arcadefire.com/yope.html

still nothing about a tour or more about the album

Quote by metaldud536

oh, man! I just want a second record already!

(you killed the thread for the second time , kidding of course)

EDIT: Second album then (?)
...And The Nominees Are
Last edited by jagstang270 at Dec 7, 2006,
You mean third record

including the EP

edit: k, second album

pfft.

Quote by metaldud536

Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Dec 7, 2006,
I wouldnt say Arcade fire is underated I mean they are my favorite band but they have been called "the greatest" a lot
Quote by Mad Marius
Bush is a good president.

And yes, you HAVE to be drunk to say that with a straight face. And I sure am.

Quote by Garci
Damn, 1.2 billion dollers? Wonder how much that's in dollars
^Yeah they made the cover of friggin' Time Magazine! I wouldn't call that underrated.
Everyone talks about Funeral....

I was at one of their first shows before 'Funeral' and they had released their first E.P which is better in my opinion. songs like "No Cars Go, Old Flame etc. rule
Okay, they were on the cover of Time magazine, so was Derek Zoolander, it doesn't really mean anything, the situation is that people that are not costume to that kinda of music reject them and people haven't really heard about them..
...And The Nominees Are
there are people who haven't heard of them? wow, this is news to me

and zoolander was just a movie
They were on kerrang once. i thought that was impressive considering kerrangs 'latest trend' abuse, it was the second time i'd heard them ever. They never play them anymore though.

Quote by metaldud536

holy shit

The Arcade Fire will make their live return with a set of 5 VERY intimate gigs in London, England starting at the end of January. The dates are as follows:

01-29 London, England - St John's Church, Smith Square
01-30 London, England - St John's Church, Smith Square
01-31 London, England - St John's Church, Smith Square
02-01 London, England - Porchester Hall
02-02 London, England - Porchester Hal

Tickets will go on sale at 9am (GMT) on Friday 8th December 2006, priced at £16, from the following outlets:
Ticketmaster - www.ticketmaster.co.uk - 08705 344 444 / Ticketweb - www.ticketweb.co.uk - 08700 600 100 / See Tickets - www.seetickets.com - 0871 220 0260 / Stargreen - www.stargreen.com - 020 7734 8932.
Tickets are limited to two per person.

edit: im too slow, this was posted on the 8th.

its the 10th, and they're completely sold out

but it might mean theres a manchester date soon!

Quote by metaldud536

Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Dec 10, 2006,
They have a new album out next Spring, I heard...
Quote by Kensai