Page 5 of 17
Take a look on gumtree, pretty sure I saw a couple on there the other day.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
how did you know it was the band?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i went to the source of the files and both blogs noted that the band/management had the songs removed
See? you lazy bastard? the answers are only a couple of clicks away,

what about 'em tickets? any reasonable price ranged tickets in the horizon?
...And The Nominees Are
There is someone with tickets for the Manchester Thursday gig on www.scarletmist.com as well as people for both the 15th and 16th gigs at the Brixton academy. If you don't know, "Scarlet Mist is a service to introduce buyers and sellers to one another" and "Tickets change hands here at face value or less. This may include legitimate booking fees. If you want to sell a ticket for more than that, please do not use our service". They compare themselves to a dating agency. They set you up, for free, with a seller and then he directly sells his ticket to you for the face value.

nothing on scarlet. they're both trade (seat for standing, diff dates etc) so its a pain. but it seems like a bloody good service if people are trading for reasonable prices on there!

god damn it. they need to secretly arrange a new gig in manchester

Quote by metaldud536

that scarlet mist thingy looks quite nice, but its no good for US folks....
Quote by IndieMetalhead
nothing on scarlet. they're both trade (seat for standing, diff dates etc) so its a pain. but it seems like a bloody good service if people are trading for reasonable prices on there!

god damn it. they need to secretly arrange a new gig in manchester

And they need to sell tickets to UGers before anyone else...

So I'm definately preordering the deluxe edition off insound. It comes in a hinged box with two booklets. Nifty.
Quote by robbie
And they need to sell tickets to UGers before anyone else...

i'm still pissed off.

anyone know about UK preorders?

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead

i'm still pissed off.

anyone know about UK preorders?

Same here . At least we have the album to look forward to!

Does anyone know if any of the band members have any side projects (aside from Owen Pallett as Les Mouches or as the unbelievably awesome Final Fantasy)?

there is the bell orchestre...i don't know much about them though
i think richard and someone else is in it
Question: Indie, how do you keep getting these Muse tickets, yet can't around to get a single Arcade Fire ticket? Bigger venue?
...And The Nominees Are
Belle Orchestre's album is one of my favorite instrumental albums of the past couple years, I forget what its called though.
Quote by Mad Marius
Bush is a good president.

And yes, you HAVE to be drunk to say that with a straight face. And I sure am.

Quote by Garci
Damn, 1.2 billion dollers? Wonder how much that's in dollars
Quote by jagstang270
Question: Indie, how do you keep getting these Muse tickets, yet can't around to get a single Arcade Fire ticket? Bigger venue?

quite simply, there were more Muse tickets. Arcade Fire were playing at a reasonably smaller venue in manchester. more intimate i guess, but pain in the arse for fans.

Quote by metaldud536

Also Arcade Fire are better...

And what's this I hear? A rumour that the band, outraged at the number of ticket touts, might be arranging some more dates? Yes it is! Unconfirmed as of yet, but still, there is hope!

Thats just a dream robbie

Quote by metaldud536

I would sell my blood for a ticket when they play in Hollywood/LA (whenever that may be). I need to see them live. I've wanted to for about three years now.
Ahh, lately I've been listening to Funeral more than ever and I've begun creating a powertab of Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels) - which I am proud to say is coming along fairly well.

Can't wait to hear new material from them, and I expect Neon Bible will not disappoint.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Thats just a dream robbie

Yeah, and you just punctured it you son of a...

God damn it. all I can do is be depressed. I am NOT spending a shitload of wages on tickets.

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
God damn it. all I can do is be depressed. I am NOT spending a shitload of wages on tickets.

I know, it's fucking ridiculous really. We should start a petition to eBay to stop allowing people to sell tickets at a price over the face value (with say 5/10% either way allowed), get the whole of UG to sign it, send it to bands and get them to sign it, etc., then give it to eBay. Sure, it won't end the ticket taut trade, but it might make a difference.

Quote by robbie
I know, it's fucking ridiculous really. We should start a petition to eBay to stop allowing people to sell tickets at a price over the face value (with say 5/10% either way allowed), get the whole of UG to sign it, send it to bands and get them to sign it, etc., then give it to eBay. Sure, it won't end the ticket taut trade, but it might make a difference.

They should make it illegal. Scalping is already illegal, so the feds could easily crack down on ebay.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
They should make it illegal. Scalping is already illegal, so the feds could easily crack down on ebay.

Well, I have no quarrels with those who are genuine fans that suddenly find they can't go, so are happy to shift the ticket for the face value, so I wouldn't want to make it totally illegal. However, I would rather that than the situation we have now.

i'd be fine to pay, say £5 or just over face value for a ticket.

but someones selling 6 for £600. that nearly 500% profit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Arcade-Fire-Standing-Tickets-Manchester-Apollo-9th_W0QQitemZ250072326216QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

look in the item description

Quote by metaldud536

Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Jan 18, 2007,
Quote by IndieMetalhead
i'd be fine to pay, say £5 or just over face value for a ticket.

but someones selling 6 for £600. that nearly 500% profit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Arcade-Fire-Standing-Tickets-Manchester-Apollo-9th_W0QQitemZ250072326216QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

look in the item description

haha I think that proves the point that these people don't give a shit about the music, and are just evil fuckers.

true.

someone had 3 on ebay with a starting bid of £30 (reserve not met) so i messaged them asking if i could buy all 3 outright for around £60 (thats like, £9 over face prices).

no reply yet

edit1:why the hell am i mandy moore?
edit2: just bidded on some that have no buy it nows. end saturday, doubtful that i'll get them, but if i get both (all 5, haha) then some are going back on ebay, for reasonable prices

Quote by metaldud536

Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Jan 18, 2007,
im still winning 5 tickets on ebay atm

they end tomorrow, so if i get all 5, i'll definately be selling some. i can't bid higher though, due to being about 10 miles from my pc at work

Quote by metaldud536

Ok so I just got back from the show at my highschool, which I found out from one of the violinists was their first in over a year. Other then the bad acoustics and annoying, disrespectful crowd of first-time concert going teengers, it was a good concert. The new songs sounded pretty good although I couldn't hear the strings at all. The setlist went like this:

Black Mirror
New song
No Cars Go
New song
Haiiti
New Song
Rebellion
New song
New song

Encore:
Power Out

EDIT: Black Wave/Bad Vibrations was in their somewhere.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Jan 19, 2007,
Quote by starsnostars
looks like pitchfork got ahold of some footage of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfcuCLFHPao

I know, that's crazy! I feel like such a celebrity now, the concert which I attended is going to merit a full story from Pitchfork news!!!! I hope the band doesn't get angry though, cause our principal practically begged us not to bootleg.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

pumpkins_rule, you're so fucking lucky.

As a side note, I had a dream that I met you the other night. It was rather odd.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I know, that's crazy! I feel like such a celebrity now, the concert which I attended is going to merit a full story from Pitchfork news!!!! I hope the band doesn't get angry though, cause our principal practically begged us not to bootleg.

bootleg or tape?

big difference
Quote by starsnostars
bootleg or tape?

big difference

Well actually I found out that Pitchfork got special permission to film the band. So nevermind. According to my prinicpal the media wanted to be all over the concert but at the bands request they were turned away.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Ok so I just got back from the show at my highschool, which I found out from one of the violinists was their first in over a year. Other then the bad acoustics and annoying, disrespectful crowd of first-time concert going teengers, it was a good concert. The new songs sounded pretty good although I couldn't hear the strings at all. The setlist went like this:

Black Mirror
New song
No Cars Go
New song
Haiiti
New Song
Rebellion
New song
New song

Encore:
Power Out

EDIT: Black Wave/Bad Vibrations was in their somewhere.

No Laika and no Tunnels? I am disappointed. Or at least I would be if I'd been there.