Contraband
Within the Realm
2,580 IQ
Was working on this the last few days and I just kept putting ideas on as they came and changing things I didn't like as I went on, and this is pretty much what came out. Thanks for looking at it. I'm not quite sure what genre it is - some death, thrash and prog.
Attachments:
Anomalous.zip
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Nov 24, 2006,
altosaxgeek5
177 IQ
Whoa. That was awesome.. Chaotic in a good way, and just awesome. Great job.
Member #4 of the "I have parents over 50 and i'm a teen" club, pm tanglewoodguit to join.
gutsman
285 IQ
that's really awesome work. the only complaint i have that it's maybe a bit too fast and diverse in the sense that i sometimes couldnt really grasp what was being played
Spark1284
244 IQ
a little cluttered in some places, i think the guitars were playing together too much on the lower notes, if one of them jumped up an octave i think it would sound cleaner, really awesome tho, i love the intro id love to see it used later in the song, and a couple riffs maybe have been a little too blues based for death metal
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Contraband
Within the Realm
2,580 IQ
Thanks for the responses - some of them covered the things I worried a little about. I've thought that there could be lead guitar in the parts that are rhythm dominated now and that I should have removed some riffs and try to put in something a little more fitting, but then it starts sounding more cluttered.

Also, this was sort of a drum/rhythm experiment.

The things I'm concerned about but not really sure on what to change about it:
-Bar 4 & 9 as transition riffs, I think they could be changed + the absence of a second guitar in those
-Bars 10-12 being strange/cluttered
-Bar 13/14 not fitting in and considering it's the chorus, that's important + maybe that it's too short and no variation.
-Absence of Lead in Bars 21/22
I've found Jesus