Page 4 of 623
Quote by guitarbite.fire
do you guys know any good metal/metalcore bands (eg:bullet for my v.,a7x, ect.) style music w/ non satanistic lyrics or swearing. I ask this b.c my parents are crazy strict ( i am only 14!!) especially w. the music i listen to and i am bored w. the punk/emo crap tht i have now.

As I Lay Dying are a christian metalcore band, I have 'Frail Words Collapse' and its a good listen. Zao are another metalcore band that have christian influences and certainly no satanic references, check out 'The Fear is What Keeps us Here' tis a brilliant album.

Both those albums are good places to start with either group, and AFAIK have no swearing or anything like that.
Quote by HopePoisoned
Look to Power Metal, Traditional/Heavy (NWOBHM), probably some Thrash you will like, as well, and of course look through Progressive. Of course some of the prog bands may have screaming, but just look at other classifications if they are there.

thank you! i really love thrash metal. im thinking about switching my band to more of a metal influence. other than pantera, what are some other thrash bands? please try and make them current. as in still making albums
Quote by mydadisjewish
i'm looking for mellow dark ambient music comparable to paysage d'hiver - die festung.

Aran Elda
The 4th Is Eligor
Sirion
Récit d'un Monde Obscur
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Stuff like Tool and Isis? I'm gettin' some Neurosis albums at the moment, but im looking for a heavy band that doesnt have one of those "hardcore" screaming/yelling singers. Anything you guys got?
Quote by guitarbite.fire
do you guys know any good metal/metalcore bands (eg:bullet for my v.,a7x, ect.) style music w/ non satanistic lyrics or swearing. I ask this b.c my parents are crazy strict ( i am only 14!!) especially w. the music i listen to and i am bored w. the punk/emo crap tht i have now.

Most metal doesn't have satanic lyrics, especially what you're looking for. If you like metalcore, check out the melodeath genre (In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, The Absence, At the Gates, etc.). Just watch out for bands that swear (Children of Bodom are a big no-no).

For metalcore (which goes in the hardcore forum, but I'll recommend some anyway), check out Killswitch Engage, Unearth, and The Knife Trade.
WHERE IS LACUNA COIL?!!?!?!

Man, I've asked that like 3 times now.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by HopePoisoned
Whoa take it easy with the mod abuse. I'm not looking for trouble, but

A.) He didn't say anything bad about Immortal, he said that a lot of those BM bands are all unique

B.) You made a bold, sweeping statement, and yes, he could have been more respectful while disagreeing

You made it sound like you think all BM bands sound the same.

Not looking for trouble or questioning your metal knowledge.

Your face looks the same as a gay person with down syndrome. You like them candy apples bitch. I don't give a fuck what anyone here thinks lol, I'm here to keep it in order. I WILL DO THAT WITH THE SWIFT FIST OF JUSTICE WHICH I INSERT ANALLY.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by TJM2482
Stuff like Tool and Isis? I'm gettin' some Neurosis albums at the moment, but im looking for a heavy band that doesnt have one of those "hardcore" screaming/yelling singers. Anything you guys got?

Jesu. Similar to Isis and Neurosis but with really mellow vocals.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by greety
Your face looks the same as a gay person with down syndrome. You like them candy apples bitch. I don't give a fuck what anyone here thinks lol, I'm here to keep it in order. I WILL DO THAT WITH THE SWIFT FIST OF JUSTICE WHICH I INSERT ANALLY.
*reported*

lol
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
Immortal are a bunch of wimps

+1

Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
Looking for something unique, that I have never heard (In the vain of either, black metal, Black Ambient, or Martial). Period. None of this off the wall crap too. I don't much care for the "fake" jazz influenced metal bands that wouldn't know how to write for a jazz band if their testies depended on it. And if one person states the obvious, so help me Anu I'm going to smash my head into my keyboard.

Nickleback.
Shadilay.
Get back to your online poker lololol.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Wow, Machine Head have finally been recognised as a thrash band on this forum, when did this happen?

Anyway, can you guyss recommend me something similar to Diablo and something similar to Mors Principium Est
Looking for bands that use lots of acoustic guitars, and synths... Kinda like Agalloch-The mantle, or Empyrium (kinda)
It can be black/folk/doom anything... Try to let it be Atmospheric and stuff.

thanks.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Quote by morbid_death

Nickleback.

/smashfaceaginstkeyboard

Quote by tarem
Looking for bands that use lots of acoustic guitars, and synths... Kinda like Agalloch-The mantle, or Empyrium (kinda)
It can be black/folk/doom anything... Try to let it be Atmospheric and stuff.

thanks.

Try Nature and Organisation like the albums: Death In A Snow Leopard Winter and Beauty Reaps the Blood of Solitude. Though not really synthed based its has alot of the acoustics, pianos, cellos, violins, and David tibet for several songs
Last edited by uuuuhhhhhhhh at Dec 6, 2006,
There is a band local for Tucson is called Motorstone they do a bunch accoustic stuff but can work into really heavy riffs
i need some recommendations for my girlfriend. she listens to witchery, white zombie, behomoth (sp), children of bodom, and things.... i have to get her christmas presents.

also, does anyone know good melodic black metal for me? i like kalmah and the swarm (at the gates song), arsis, decapitated, stuff like that. but i want more black metalish vocals.

thanks
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by meta1militia
also, does anyone know good melodic black metal for me? i like kalmah and the swarm (at the gates song), arsis, decapitated, stuff like that. but i want more black metalish vocals.

thanks

They may not completely fit what you're looking for, but have you checked out Dissection? Check out the album "Storm of the Lights Bane", you may enjoy it.

PS: I wouldn't say that any of what you mentioned is black metal
^It's good to see a Dec. 06er that actually knows a lot about metal.

Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by JimFear86
They may not completely fit what you're looking for, but have you checked out Dissection? Check out the album "Storm of the Lights Bane", you may enjoy it.

PS: I wouldn't say that any of what you mentioned is black metal

He didn't say they are black metal, he said those are some bands he listens to so recommenders can get an idea of what he likes.
The way structured his post made it sound like he was calling those bands "melodic black metal". Regardless though, I recommended him an album that would more than likely suit his needs.
I need some death metal bands for my friend. Since I don't listen to a lot of death metal I need some help. He has heard the basics such as cannibal corpse, obituary,death,deicide,and NECROPHAGIST ( did that so nobody goes on and on about good old necrophagist). So any other bands he should listen to.

Also for myself can someone recommend some good black metal. I just started listening to black metal about three weeks ago, but I've heard the basics like emperor, immortal, satyricon, darkthrone. I've also heard dissection, vesperian sorrow and some more. So I guess build off of these bands please.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
For your friend: Nile and Cryptopsy.
For yourself: Burzum, Mayhem, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Old Mans Child, Enthroned, Naglfar, Enslaved, Wintersun
^ Yeah I got Nile, Cryptopsy, Atheist, Bolt Thrower, Vader, and Vital Remains down to show him so could you name others please?

As for me thanks for the recommendations I'll check them out. Oh yeah and Wintersun is black metal?! I thought they were melodeath. Ah well they still kick ass.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by morbid_death
+1

+1000, but i still love them.

Me and 2 friends are being immortal for halloween, call of the wintermoon style. Im witch hat guy
Quote by The Virtuoso
I need some death metal bands for my friend. Since I don't listen to a lot of death metal I need some help. He has heard the basics such as cannibal corpse, obituary,death,deicide,and NECROPHAGIST ( did that so nobody goes on and on about good old necrophagist). So any other bands he should listen to.

Decapitated, Skinless, Gorguts, Negativa, Kronos, Impaled, Lykathea Aflame, Suffocation, Ghoul, Neuraxis, Morbid Angel, Behemoth (later stuff), Intestine Baalism, Immolation, Wormed, Origin, Quo Vadis, Psycroptic, Gorod

Etc...

A lot of those have different sounds, some more technical or melodic than others, but it's all death metal, and that's all that really matters

Quote by The Virtuoso
Also for myself can someone recommend some good black metal. I just started listening to black metal about three weeks ago, but I've heard the basics like emperor, immortal, satyricon, darkthrone. I've also heard dissection, vesperian sorrow and some more. So I guess build off of these bands please.

I'm not the biggest black metal fan, but I enjoy the following that haven't already been mentioned:

Nokturnal Mortum, Xasthur, Dark Funeral, ...And Oceans

This isn't really a metal request persay but hear me out. I would like some folk bands that sound similar to clean ensiferum or agalloch songs. Perhaps their influences? thanks for the help. (I posted this here because you guys would know who ensiferum and agalloch are)
Quote by frozen-dirt
Is Strapping Young Lad's old stuff similar to The New Black? If so, what albums are good bets?
Not really, New Black is a bit more accessible than their predecessors.

City is my favourite release, but if you want similar sparkling production, go for Alien.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Bloodsick
This isn't really a metal request persay but hear me out. I would like some folk bands that sound similar to clean ensiferum or agalloch songs. Perhaps their influences? thanks for the help. (I posted this here because you guys would know who ensiferum and agalloch are)

Check out "later" empyrium. There later stuff is acoustic "darkwave" you might like it... try the albulms: Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays, and Weiland.
Also, check out the acoustic albulm of Drudkh: Tales of grief and solitude, and the acoustic albulm of Borknagar, (which i don't have, but only heard off)

edit: THe borknagar albulm is Origin, i think. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote by uuuuuhhhhhhhh
Try Nature and Organisation like the albums: Death In A Snow Leopard Winter and Beauty Reaps the Blood of Solitude. Though not really synthed based its has alot of the acoustics, pianos, cellos, violins, and David tibet for several songs

i can't seem to find any of that... is it considered metal?
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Last edited by tarem at Dec 7, 2006,
Quote by The Virtuoso
^ Yeah I got Nile, Cryptopsy, Atheist, Bolt Thrower, Vader, and Vital Remains down to show him so could you name others please?

As for me thanks for the recommendations I'll check them out. Oh yeah and Wintersun is black metal?! I thought they were melodeath. Ah well they still kick ass.

Death metal: Suffocation, Psycroptic, Behemoth (newer), Beneath the Massacre, Blood Red Throne, Decapitated, Malevolent Creation, Yyrkoon, Malum ( )

Black metal: Sycronomica, Abysmal Gates, Agathodaimon, Covenant (old), Enslaved, Immortal, Emperor, Naglfar, Imperial Crystalline Entombment, Old Mans Child
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Ah... neo-folk, i was asking for metal, but i do love Sol invictus (through them i found out about agalloch lol,) and i'm trying to locate a cd of the band of the Of the Wand and the Moon... thanks, i'll look them up on wikipedia
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
are dark tranquility worth checking out?

character and damage done are good.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist