Page 5 of 185

Just making syre i got the right values for the caps
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
yeah i just did th mods and my wah is ALOT better more vocaly i would reconmened these mods
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
For the volume just add a switch to disconnect the 4.7uF cap.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
For the volume just add a switch to disconnect the 4.7uF cap.

this doesnt make sence to me ... does the switch have to be out side of the case then? ... to turn it on/off
yeah if you wnt to switch from wah to volume
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by lookie here
yeah if you wnt to switch from wah to volume

so ill need to cut a hole in my casing ...
drill a hole so that the switch can enter through nicely and lock on the nut to hold it in place. Might add that to mine
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
mhm well first i have to get mine working hehe ... i did the resistor swaps ... and it doesnt work ... i have to check everything ... it doesnt have to be true bypass for the resistor mods to work right? ... if i cant get it to work, ill post up pics on what i changed ... also ... do you have to change both capacitors ... there are two .01uF caps and i read on the sites that you change one of them ... is that right?
I changed one to 0.022 uf for a more fat wah dsound. Supposedly the modern Jimi Hendrix Wah;s Dunlop produce are the same exxept for that cap. And one question, can i use a 2.7 k resistor instead of the 2.2 k resistor for the mid range mod?
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
i guess its possible ... it would give more mids i guess ... 2.2 seems to be the sweet one
ill try it to see what happens
EDIT- Oh TinTin8 make sure that theres no solder bridges and make sure that the PCB is still intact and that nothins touching that shouldent be
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Last edited by lookie here at Nov 6, 2006,
^ yeah, i didnt get enough time to look over my joints ... i did it in my tech class hehe
nice... well i tried to use a 2.7 k resistor but it made my wah sound like a stock gcb-95... but its back to the stock resistor
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
I decided to do the "adjustable vocal mod", and I replaced the transistors with some 2N5088. I really like the sound of it now... my sound problem I was having before has been reduced, and the pot lets me adjust the wah from subtle to very pronounced. And it's a really easy mod, took about 15 minutes overall.... not too bad for a $3 mod either.

I also cleaned up the wiring, and reduced every wire to be just long enough to be soldered, that also reduced a little bit of hum I was getting.

pic:

I have a different knob on it now( found it today), it's an all black anodized aluminum type thing.

I fear I'm still not done tweaking around with it, I think I might get a new inductor soon.

EDIT: Here it was in stock condition:

Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Nov 9, 2006,
^Looking good.
Only problem I'm having with all this is, I don't know where to get the parts. I tried the local electronic shops and they didn't have everything I needed, so where's the best place online to get everything for the mod on the first page? And how much will it cost?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Thats pretty cool acutally. How'd you brake it htough
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
your missing a screw like i am
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Pink, closed for now. I don't want UG to get caught in the middle of more legal battles.

Apologies to Geoffrey.
I have contacted him over email.
How about we delete the "offending" posts( ) and get on with your wah modding?
Hi there!!
This is a great thread with some wicked ideas! and good photos that I have really enjoyed.
I just finished moding my crybaby, it has a version G 1994 cir board.
I measured my inductance of my stock inductor and it came out with 510 mH
I was under the impression that the newer style inductors were 600mH or more?

Along with swapping out the .01 cap for a .022 I also added a .068 cap and a SPDT switch to be able to switch from the .022 to the .o68. This allows the pedal to be used for bass also.

I have two fasels coming that I bought on EBay, a red one and a yellow one.
I'm going to install both of them and add a switch to allow the use of one or the other.

Glen
I Like cheese!!!!
What happened with www.stompboxmods.com?
Gear:
Epiphone LP Zakk Wylde Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Epiphone LP Standard w/ Duncan '59 and Burstbucker 3
Washburn N2 w/ Bill Lawrence L500
Takamine 535 a/e
Marshall JCM2000 DSL50
Randall Jaguar Cab
A slew of pedals
Okay so i need some help here, how can i add a pot to pan from 2 capaitors with a pot? Hope that made sense
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by lookie here
Okay so i need some help here, how can i add a pot to pan from 2 capaitors with a pot? Hope that made sense

not quite sure what you mean ,,, but are you saying you want to switch from one cap to another using a pot?
Rig:

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
A pot to pan between two caps
EDIT- Actually a switch might be better
Would this wiring work?
If not can somebody draw up a diagram for me please?
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Last edited by lookie here at Nov 25, 2006,
you wamn tto attach a switch to the cap, so you turn it off then cap doesnt work ... turn on makes cap work? ...
Rig:

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
So i can switch between two caps for different tones is what im trying to go for
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
You mean so you can use a switch to choose between two caps to alter the sound depending on which one chosen?I'm not sure how to do that, maybe someone else knows. MY guess is that you'd have to fashion up something like the volume pedal mod, and put those caps on a piece of vero or perf with the switch going to it.

I'm not sure of the reason why you want to do this, but I'd like to be able to adjust the bass of my wah with a pot like I did for the vocal mod. Is there any way to do this? I had to socket the bass cap because I keep switching between the .01 and .022 cap a lot. I find them both useful, and I would like to either be able to adjust the bass with a pot or perhaps do the same thing lookie here has in mind.
Hai UG!
Quote by lookie here
So i can switch between two caps for different tones is what im trying to go for

thats plausable
Rig:

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
indeed
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
You can just mount (solder) the two caps to the switch leads that is what I did for my .022 and.068 caps. Switch in one position it uses the .022 cap throw the switch the other way and it uses the .068 cap.

Glen
I Like cheese!!!!
Last edited by biggy boy at Nov 25, 2006,
That's a great idea Lookie here... it's really got me thinking.

So basically you want to do something like this?

*To the more experienced DIY-ers: this layout makes sense right?

This is definately something I want to try.
Hai UG!
Quote by biggy boy
You can just mount (solder) the two caps to the switch leads that is what I did for my .022 and.068 caps. Switch in one position it uses the .022 cap throw the switch the other way and it uses the .068 cap.

Glen

I'm going to be doing the same thing with a red and a yellow Fasel inductors
to be able to switch between the two.

Glen
I Like cheese!!!!
If you do you definately have to show some pics when it's done. I would love to try that out as well.

EDIT: Here's something simpler:

I love this layout creator.
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Nov 25, 2006,