LosMentos
36 IQ
Hi!

I'm about to write a music project, so I chose to kind of analyse the music and style of Satch and Metheny, and from there to find differences and similarities in their music and technique (like metheny doin a lot of horn-like phrasing and joe is more into shredding and tapping).

So far I've found Third Wind from Pat and Surfing With the Alien from Joe! Both songs are from 1987.. so that's a similarity.. and they also have a lot of tones and scales in common.

But the reason why I'm writing in here, is to hear if any of you guys could propose som other songs from these two artist that would be good to compare? I know most of their music, but I cannot really think of anything that could match up!

Maybe if the songs are in the same key, rythm or anything?

Please help me out here...
Evil_Empire24-7
UG Freak
3,038 IQ
no common thing between these guitarists.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.

The Mahavishnu Orchestra (Greatest Rock Ensemble 1971 - 1973)

[[Practice Makes Perfect]]

[[Hell Yeah]]
PooKoo
UG Spammer
662 IQ
everyone uses the same scales, rhythms, for the most part.

In fact, everyone bases everything off the same notes.

You're going to have to come up with something a lot better than that, such as influences, since lyrical themes and thel ike would be hard to work with.
bbqBBking
UG Newbie
278 IQ
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
no common thing between these guitarists.

I like to lick my own balls even though it doesn't always work.
I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.
LosMentos
36 IQ
Quote by bbqBBking
I like to lick my own balls even though it doesn't always work.

yeah.. I'd say that too

@PooKoo

Of course I know that they use the same notes.. but still their phrasing is a lot different.

And Satch also uses pitch axis so he's got a totally different approach on his solos than Metheny. So yeah they use different scales and changes

But I'm still looking for another two songs!!
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Quote by LosMentos
And Satch also uses pitch axis so he's got a totally different approach on his solos than Metheny. So yeah they use different scales and changes

Dude... Not really. Pitch axis theory is used a LOT in jazz, only there it's just called modal jazz. Same thing. Listen to So What... Two chords, 124908982358235 scales.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
Dude... Not really. Pitch axis theory is used a LOT in jazz, only there it's just called modal jazz. Same thing. Listen to So What... Two chords, 124908982358235 scales.

Made me lol.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘