Page 1 of 2
Room On Fire
=w=
453 IQ
Anybody ever hear of them? I just bought their cd and its ****ing fantastic. We have no tabs of them on here though. For you guys who haven't heard of them but like indie pop/garage rock you will be extremely pleased because they kick ass. http://myspace.com/wolfparade
Theres their myspace page, my personal favorite song is Shine A Light.
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
SupImJimmy
694 IQ
Yeah, they're great. Anything Spencer Krug (sp?) touches is gold, it seems.
[SIZE=
ledzep1023
UG's James Bond
879 IQ
i perfer steppenwolf out of all the wolf bands
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
I'm pretty sure everyone here has at least heard of them. They were a huge buzz band around last year or so. Personally, I think they are brilliant, but I prefer Sunset Rubdown (Spencer's other band, for those who don't know). "I'll Believe in Anything" is a beautiful song.
Doolittle
:liplick:
844 IQ
Quote by Godzilla1969
I'm pretty sure everyone here has at least heard of them. They were a huge buzz band around last year or so. Personally, I think they are brilliant, but I prefer Sunset Rubdown (Spencer's other band, for those who don't know). "I'll Believe in Anything" is a beautiful song.

that's the song i heard and i just fell in love with it, i'm looking to buy one of their albums, any suggestions?

Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
^Well, they only have on full length album out, so you should definately pick that one up. They also have a few EP's floating around somewhere; one of them is quite easily available, the others not so much anymore.
starsnostars
gloommonger
1,035 IQ
i saw them a few months ago. i don't really like their album and thought i might like it more after seeing them live, but i probably dislike them even more now.
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
^Really? I was going to see them live in August but couldn't at the last minute. I've heard they were great though... What didn't you like?
Tsunoyukami
543 IQ
I love these guys! I bought their album a few months ago after looking for a while to find it cheap.

In the end I got Apologies to the Queen Mary (Wolf Parade) and Pablo Honey (Radiohead0 for $25 (Canadian) when I could only ever find them 20$ each previously! I recommend erveryone here to check it out.
peanut head
thurston moore wannabe
268 IQ
Ive only heard "modern world", but its great.
Tommorow never knows

Member of the "I Can't (and Refuse To) Shred" Club. PM joshsirjoshules to join.

Member of the Grateful DeadFan Club. PM deadhead313 to join

Put and end to Racism!
starsnostars
gloommonger
1,035 IQ
Quote by Godzilla1969
^Really? I was going to see them live in August but couldn't at the last minute. I've heard they were great though... What didn't you like?

i don't think i was in the right mood that night, and their songs just seemed off. and not in the raw way i would have expected. they played their songs like a cover band with no talent. i did get the setlist though, and a few photos and videos that i never uploaded to youtube because the sound was pretty bad

starsnostars
gloommonger
1,035 IQ
if i can find the disc i put them on, i'll try uploading a video from the show that night so you can see what i mean
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
^That'd be great; I'm curious as to what they sounded like.
lukkrazy
UG Newbie
301 IQ
so many Wolf names...GuitarWOlf, Wolfmother, Wolfparade...
oh wait, is this band that noise-rock duo??
from Montreal?

I've heard alot about them

----------
help me win the MARIANAS TRENCH contest! clickage belowwww!
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
really love that 'ill believe in anything' song ,should get their album
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
Quote by lukkrazy
oh wait, is this band that noise-rock duo??
from Montreal?

I've heard alot about them

----------
help me win the MARIANAS TRENCH contest! clickage belowwww!

No that's Death From Above 1979 (I think.)
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
Quote by lukkrazy

Dont' forget Wolf Eyes... weird band, but pretty good if you're in the mood. Also, no Wolf Parade is not a noise rock duo.
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
I <3 Sunset Rubdown. Shut Up I am Dreaming of a Place Where Lovers Have Wings is so beautiful...

As far as Wolf parade goes, uh, I would use the search
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
^Yes, I actually prefer Sunset Rubdown. They are more original and experimental, plus I like Spencer's voice better than Dan's. Empty Threats of Little Lord, They Took a Vote and Said No, and Shut Up I'm Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings are all brilliant.
astonmartin
422 IQ
Im listening to sunset rubdown right now haha i also prefer spencers voice because it sounds like mine haha but dan does some really cool howling sorta backing vocals that sound soooo cool.
Quote by Mad Marius
Bush is a good president.

And yes, you HAVE to be drunk to say that with a straight face. And I sure am.

Quote by Garci
Damn, 1.2 billion dollers? Wonder how much that's in dollars
Shine On...
I Take My Time
301 IQ
Quote by Godzilla1969
^Yes, I actually prefer Sunset Rubdown. They are more original and experimental, plus I like Spencer's voice better than Dan's. Empty Threats of Little Lord, They Took a Vote and Said No, and Shut Up I'm Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings are all brilliant.

I also like Sunset Rubdown better. All those songs you listed are gold from that CD.

Krug's other project though (Atlas Strategic) is not my favorite. Although, aparrently he is in another band called Swan Lake, with the girl from Frog Eyes, and a guy from Destroyer. I heard that they are great, has anyone heard them?

Oh, and Wolf Parade are fantastic, I was humming "I'll believe in anything" all throughout work today.
Doolittle
:liplick:
844 IQ
i just got the "Apologies to the Queen Mary" and i'm very happy i got it, it's execellent

#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
Swan Lake is pretty damn good in my opinion but out of the three I think they are the worst (which means they are still good). So the order goes:
1. Sunset Rubdown
2. Wolf Parade
3. Swan Lake

if you wanna check out swan lake look for the song 'Are You Swimming in Her Pools' it should give you a taste of what they are like.
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
Wolf Parade is by far the besy wolf band. And I also finally downloaded a Sunset Rubdown song (I love ATTQM) and wow, it is great. For some reason I fall in love with every canadian indie band I hear, probably because I live in Canada but man. Over the past three days I've downloaded a song each from Destroyer, Frog Eyes, The Besnard Lakes and SR and they're all amazing.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Monkeygone2hvn
127 IQ
anyone listen to handsome furs(dans other band)? i saw them last fall open for modest mouse and i really like them. i just got the album recently and i really like it.
Shine On...
I Take My Time
301 IQ
I was wondering about buying the album. How does it compare with Wolf Parade's Album?
RHCP94
So hood rich
591 IQ
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Wolf Parade is by far the best wolf band.

I'm pretty sure this should be etched in stone some where. They're a great band. Apologies To The Queen Mary is great.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,608 IQ
very soon. the 17th in fact.

not huge on Wolf Parade, but everything else this gang is involved with is great.
Shine On...
I Take My Time
301 IQ
I can't wait for the new one actually. I want it baaaaaad!
European Son
57 IQ
It's that band with the guy who has a enourmous 'fro. They sound like Led Zeppelin.

(it was a lousy attempt at being funny.)
Last edited by European Son at Jun 8, 2008,
Monkeygone2hvn
127 IQ
the new albums is really good, I reccomend it to fans. favorite track I think is maybe fine young cannibals, but really they're all good.