kurt_hendrix
Hendrix's Apprentice
796 IQ
I was playing Seven nation army by white stripes on an acoustic and i was wondering how to create distortion. Is it even possibile?
Soon.... I Will be The Next Hendrix!!
The Jesus Of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartbreaker to join!
Schecter4lyfe
UG Senior Member
577 IQ
are u seriopus theres pinch harmonics, pick scrapes, bends your a new guitarist arnt you?
Necronomicon
UG Relic
2,327 IQ
dude there's electric guitars then there's acoustic guitars, without an amp, distortion = 0. i thought that was obvious to people that dont even play guitar
Schecter4lyfe
UG Senior Member
577 IQ
thank you necro...if you dont know taht you shouldnt be playing teh guitar kurt_hendrix and by the way dont get a strat just cause yoru favorite artist has one its a mistake.
Ackj
UG Freak
1,208 IQ
Quote by Schecter4lyfe
are u seriopus theres pinch harmonics, pick scrapes, bends your a new guitarist arnt you?

I believe YOU, sir, are the new guitarist. Nothing you listed will add a distorted sound, and pinch harmonics are barely audible on an acoustic guitar.

As for the threadstarter, acoustic guitars do not produce distorted tones, only electric guitars can using the amps (and effect pedals if you so desire to use them).
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Schecter4lyfe
UG Senior Member
577 IQ
actuall,ACK, pick scrapes are a form of distortion and depending on teh giitar pinch harmonics do come out.
Ackj
UG Freak
1,208 IQ
Quote by Schecter4lyfe
actuall,ACK, pick scrapes are a form of distortion and depending on teh giitar pinch harmonics do come out.

I understand that you're in the New Guitarist section, which is good, but no, pick scrapes are not a form of distortion. Distortion is what happens when you change the channels on your amp from "clean" to "distorted" or "gain". Pinch harmonics can be heard on some acoustic guitar, yes, but not very well. They're only pronounced and sound good with lots of distortion, from an electric guitar.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Last edited by Ackj at Dec 7, 2006,
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
Quote by Ackj
I understand that you're in the New Guitarist section, which is good

actually, you're in the New Members section. talking about guitar here is bad.
from daylight...
...into darkness