Quality wise, how good is a custom built Strat from Warmoth compared to an actual Fender Strat? Price wise, I see a Warmoth costing about as much as an American Strat, even an American Deluxe, but for that price, I would expect the Warmoth to be very good. Thoughts?
Warmoth pwns. Go Warmoth! *Waves Warmoth flag*
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
It really depends on who puts it together. The Warmouth gives you tons of options. You can choose exactly what woods/grains you want, what pickups, what colors, and other parts. The Strats are consistently good, but they limit your options. They are only available in certain colors, woods, hardware, and pickup configurations.

If you want something you know is going to be the same as all other strats go with Fender. If you want more of a custom axe go with the Warmouth.

Do check out the S-1 switching in the newer strats. If that's a feature you like go with the Fender because that's about the only way to get it.
I know you can customize Warmoth products, but are they worth the money? Last thing I would want to do is customize a $1000+ guitar, and find it to be of lesser quality than an American Strat, hence my question on Warmoth quality.
Quote by Staz80
I know you can customize Warmoth products, but are they worth the money? Last thing I would want to do is customize a $1000+ guitar, and find it to be of lesser quality than an American Strat, hence my question on Warmoth quality.

i dunno this for sure, but dont you order the parts from warmoth and then you or a luthier put it together?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
how bout a carvin strat, they look pretty nice and are cheaper than most fenders.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
It's all a matter of doing the research on what you really want in a guitar, and finding the least expensive way to make it happen.

Me? I just build what I want.
Warmoth is an authorized Fender replacement part manufacturer. I have NEVER heard a single complaint about a Warmoth guitar. I'm considering doing it myself. I think you end up with a better guitar for your money anyway, since for something completely custom you're spending as much as you would for a basic American Series Strat.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by gblues rocker
warmoths are really good quality, they make great strat replacement necks!

they make the best necks going IMO, if you go for warmoth pro construction. if you want something more like an original strat neck the vintage construction ones are supposed to be great too. they use a large variety of top quality woods, have excellent customer service and pretty much sell everything you need for an electric guitar (except dimarzios).
Warmoth rocks! lol
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby