Carnivean
UG Board King
1,747 IQ
Hey UG,

I'm sad to inform you all that there is no Country Joe & the Fish thread!! Well, now there is.. and I'd like to add that they are/were a fantastic band and helped contribute to classic rock in that classic way. For anyone who doesn't know who they are, I have put forth a link to one of their classic shows in 1969.. at Woodstock. This show is creepin' up on almost 40 years ago guys. Take it all in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mlW3iP11fH4

Discuss.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Sublimeman
battle bradley dub
477 IQ
hell yeah man! country joe and the fish rule! they were a huge part of stopping the vietnam war. Joe mcdonald will gladly sign anything you want for $20 at his website.
and if rhymes were valums I'd be comfortably numb.
marchoso
Boom
1,393 IQ
Quote by Sublimeman
Joe mcdonald will gladly sign anything you want for $20 at his website.

that's kind of lame..

but country joe does kick ass. i only know a few of his songs but i feel like i'm fixin' to die is one of them.. and it rocks.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
I've basically only heard their stuff from Woodstock, but I'll admit it's pretty groovy.

I haven't ever seen any of their albums before, which is probably why I haven't picked up any of their material.

For a while I was interested in finding some of their music, but was unable to.

Any recommendations, and any idea as to where to possibly get some of their albums?
Last edited by TheHeartbreaker at Dec 14, 2006,
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
the music sucks. They were culturally significant and important because of the war and Woodstock, but I hate the music.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by master
the music sucks. They were culturally significant and important because of the war and Woodstock, but I hate the music.

I don't think it's really that bad.

I'll admit that the keyboards are really annoying, but overall they don't sound to bad.

I agree with the rest of your comment, though.
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I don't think it's really that bad.

I'll admit that the keyboards are really annoying, but overall they don't sound to bad.

I agree with the rest of your comment, though.

yeah, the keyboards completely kill it for me. Their music alone wouldn't have gotten them anywhere.
Brandon860
They call me... Brough
592 IQ
Finally someone else who's heard of them! The Fish are sweet, because...1, 2, 3, What are we fighting for?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Carnivean
UG Board King
1,747 IQ
Anyone know about the famous fish 'chant'? teehee.. parents just hated that lol
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard