Kris_man
623 IQ
It came with a claw for the spring cavity which is about a centimetre less width than the stock one on my Mexican strat - is there any disadvantage in leaving the stock one in there and just replacing the rest of the bridge?

In other words, replace spring cavity claw - yay or nay?
Kris_man
623 IQ
Cool, thanks. Bigger problem: I go to "drop in" the new bridge, and the screw holes are slightly out. Shit. What do I do? Force the screws in there at an angle?
Will_Minus
UG's nail-head-hitter
188 IQ
How off are they? Try putting it on. If it doesn't fit, you could pay someone to file away some metal on the bridge around the little crannie for the post. Or you could plug the holes for the old posts, and then re-drill the posts.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
forsaknazrael
..kupo?
3,141 IQ
You could stick toothpicks and wood glue in there and redrill it a bit, like Will Minus said.
I had a similiar problem, when installing one, and just stuck a bit of wood glue in there to tighten the holes a bit. Mounted fine.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Dec 15, 2006,
Kris_man
623 IQ
Thanks for the advice guys, but I don't know jack about drilling, so I think I'm gonna send this thing back. The post spacing measurement they gave on Ebay, 2 1/16", was different to the actual width, 2 1/8". The same goes for the string spacing too, so even if I did drill new holes, the strings would still be slightly out and at an angle.

Ebay - **** it can be a pain.