UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
oh i totally agree.

I loved the dnb-like begining on balloons
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
yeah man. i have the try this on your piano 7" (back when mears was still in the band), and its good, but i was a little dubious when he left. yannis' vocals are awesome though, so its cool. hummer is a tune etc etc. i like them. not seen them live yet though. im sure i will soon though, possibly next term. i vaguely know yannis' sister actually. LOL at minor indie personalities' family members.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
i made this thread ages ago

i really like the try this on your piano 7", though i do like them now. my live 12" came today, though i have no vinyl player at home, i was at the gig as well.

I know what you mean about knowing them, not me personally. but Loads of my uni friends seem to know them a lot. my friend jason got a shout out on that 12"
ben__dawson
ben__dawson
57 IQ
I didnt like andrew mears voice, and i also dont like youthmovies. However i do like yannis' voice very much and i do love foals, but i think they lost they mathy sound a bit once mears left. Still the best band around at the moment though!
sam i am
psychedelic peace warrior
3,010 IQ
I like them, they're knida like Bloc Party. I hope to go and see Bloc party with the Cribs and the Foals supporting in december... it should be a good gig.
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
Quote by ben__dawson
I didnt like andrew mears voice, and i also dont like youthmovies. However i do like yannis' voice very much and i do love foals, but i think they lost they mathy sound a bit once mears left. Still the best band around at the moment though!

you dont like youthmovies? silly talk! silly talk!
Full
23 IQ
I saw Foals in Birmingham at the barfly and they literally rocked the joint. Their great in every way although I would agree about Mears maths influence w/all the odd time signatures.
BASS
ben__dawson
ben__dawson
57 IQ
Weird thing........

I now prefer old Foals stuff with andrew on, and very much like youthmovies and have seen them live and have spoke to andrew mears in person.

Strange..
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
^i'm thanked on 'hurrah...'

believe. they're nice guys.
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
Did this thread need to come back up from four months ago (or well over a year ago) when there was that other one hanging around on the first page?

First one to drop off this page can be closed, that makes it simple.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Gareththomson=)
296 IQ
Mathletics is my favorite.They look pretty bad live from what i've seen.
I Loved My English Romance
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
i listened to a chunk of the album a couple days ago. it is either going to grow on me or i will decide that i hate it.
Guitar_Joe
1,032 IQ
hmm theyre alright dont think they deserve as much hype as theyre being given though
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
Quote by Broken_Drum
They have a remix competition on Last.fm where you can download the multi-track files for Electric Bloom.

What do you win?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
What a ripoff. They should at least give you a cut of the money they make from it.
Still, might lead to people asking and paying for remixes from you if you did win it.

RateYourMusic
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
They probably won't make much from an unknown remixer, but if it is going to be download only they'll end up making a lot more from it than if it was placed on a solid format single. It's amazing how often bands manage to "scam" (for lack of a better word) fans in this way.

Going to download the pieces and just try and put it together in the way the actual song is, call it the 'non-remix remix' and let people download it for free. Wonder what the label would think if a big website did that. Could it be classed as illegal?

RateYourMusic
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
so i listened to these on last.fm and some of its not bad actually. i guess that'll teach me for assuming that anything the NME bums is probably shit. i hate that one song on the radio though.
hellbound_jonny
An Uncertain Romance
662 IQ
Seeing these boys in October at Southampton

Anyone else seeing them at all?
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
In October? That's over half a year away!

RateYourMusic
sam_guitar1
sam_guitar
191 IQ
what amp settings do u use to play their stuff and do u know what amp they mainly use?
sam i am
psychedelic peace warrior
3,010 IQ
Quote by sam_guitar1
what amp settings do u use to play their stuff and do u know what amp they mainly use?

No, but I can give you some pointers.... they play in the high frets a lot, I rember one of the saying he nearly always plays above the 12th fret becsue it sounds better.

Play on clean with the neck pickup selected/
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
He plays on a Travis Bean guitar which have aluminium necks, don't know what you could do with your amp settings to replicate it really, they have such a beautiful sound.

RateYourMusic
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
1,699 IQ
Yes, Battles is amazing.

I don't mind this band at all. I was on hold to go through to our medical helpline at work today and Balloons or Cassius was playing while I waited, which was pretty cool.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

hippytom
Chicken Dipper
43 IQ
yeah im seeing them at Reading festival in August. Hopefully itll all go well
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AX120
'94 Gibson Les Paul Standard

Effects:
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Digitech RP50