what kind of scale does paul gilbert normally use (expecially the one in scarified)
From what I can see, Scarified is all over the place.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
I've seen some tutorial videos where he says that an example he plays is in E Mixolydian. Try searching for the tab of Scarified, and finding scales with those notes in.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
If you look at something like Frenzy, he is all over the place, I find with PG it's not necessarily a certain scale he sticks to, maybe he does I haven't noticed, but a certain pattern he does.

He will do a pattern starting on the low E string then move it up and across the fretboard.
scarified is in G minor
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
I thought Scarified is in F# Minor, this is the opener:

E-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------4--4---------------------------------------------
E----2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-7----2---------------------------------------------
the paul gilbert scale

E-----------------------------------------------------5--7--8--------------------------
B-------------------------------------------5--7--8------------------------------------
G---------------------------------5--7--8----------------------------------------------
D-----------------------5--6--7--------------------------------------------------------
A------------5--6--7-------------------------------------------------------------------
E----5--8-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Jaffaps2
I thought Scarified is in F# Minor, this is the opener:

E-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------4--4---------------------------------------------
E----2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-7----2---------------------------------------------

Also tuned down half a step, I believe, therefore making it F minor.

Try using code too, buddy
he uses everything pretty much
scarified opens with straight up minor

and he goes all over with it

his newer stuff is a mix too, ive heard him mention mixolydian, which is common among his type of music, and dorian i know he uses a bit too
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
some of the patterns in that song i noticed were major scales not the solo parts but before that
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
He uses alot of obscure fingerings for the Minor scale (he simply follows the notes, not just a fingering like you'd see in a scale book), and he also uses loads of Arpeggios and string skips.
Quote by CowboyUp
He uses alot of obscure fingerings for the Minor scale (he simply follows the notes, not just a fingering like you'd see in a scale book), and he also uses loads of Arpeggios and string skips.

Yes, he tends to use pentatonic scales in ways that blow my mind and make it sound like something out of this earth. String skipping madness.

Usually he blends a lot of major and minor scales together - this is most evident in his bluesy stuff.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
One scale he mentions alot in his instructional work is the pentatonic.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
During most of his works, he just uses the pentatonic minor slace with lots of added chromatics.
He also likes to play in boxes.
Mindblowingly fast.
And ocasionally the string skipping madness.
I can't tell you much about his other styles like in YRO, Frenzy, Scarified, etc...
He usually just osunds very pentatonic most of the time.