Poll: Fender MIM Strat vs Epiphone Les Paul STD?
Poll Options
View poll results: Fender MIM Strat vs Epiphone Les Paul STD?
Fender MIM Strat.
37 58%
Epiphone Les Paul STD.
25 39%
Other(please explain).
2 3%
Voters: 64.
For around $400, which guitar is better, a Fender MIM Strat or a Epiphone Les Paul Standard? When I say "better", I mean for general use, sound, quality, etc.
They're two different animals.

The Gibson LP and the Fender Strat are "THE" two guitars everyone and their mother thinks about when they think about electric guitars.

Okay, okay we get it. When the **** are people stop asking if they should buy a guitar or not based on someone else's opinion. (I'm sorry, it's late and I'm grumpy..)

Go play both of them and buy the one you like more. Or even better yet, buy both of them. If you're not really serious about playing yet, borrow a guitar off someone or buy one closer to 1/4th of the price (yes the quality sucks, but hey guess what; you give the best guitar to a beginner and either way it'll sound bad).
You can't compare a Fender to am Epiphone. Epiphone is the equivalent to Squier for Gibson, however Epiphone is better than Squier
if u wante versatility, take a look at the HSS fat strat.
it's got a humbucker and two single coils.

what amp are you using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Amp is a VOX AD30VT and I already own a MIM Strat S/S/S, but I am luke warm on it and want to see if more people like the Les Paul instead.
ive got both.

i use my modded MIM more than my LP, but it suits the music i play.

you can swap out the pickups, for something hotter too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

theyre very different guitars if I could only have one Id get a fatstrat with a humbucker in the bridge since it has a tremolo, can get nicer cleans, and still get dirty enough with a good humbucker. But I like Pauls better and have 3 guitars so I dont have a fatstrat
RANT:
cmon strat freaks....
an LP is better for rock in every way!
gahhhh
damn this site to hell.
[leaves thread]
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Dec 16, 2006,
^^lol Id have a Paul over a strat any day for harder music but the strat can get twangy stuff so its definately about what you play.
Having played the mexican and an epi lp custom, which isn't far off, I'd definitely take the lp. It has such a fat ballsy sound. It can sometimes be boring playing a strat tbh.

Good luck!!

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

the fender is far better, IMO, but it depends what you want to play, obviously. if you want a les paul, a mediocre copy is probably more use to you than a decent strat, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by untitled039
You can't compare a Fender to am Epiphone. Epiphone is the equivalent to Squier for Gibson, however Epiphone is better than Squier

now lets not be bias to epiphone. you cant tell me this is a bad guitar:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_epiphone_les_paul_black_beauty_electric_guitar?full_sku=100144290
I'd prefer that over alot of others
for 700$ it is bad ;P epiphones just aren't worth the money , the "higher end" models have nothing to them but extra price . there are many guitars more worth the money at that price .
high end epis are sometimes better than low end gibsons. ^
sorry, but it's true.

and Again. THE TS NEEDS THE GUITAR THAT BEST SUITS HIS STYLE.

and that's it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^ agreed. I'm talking the korean epis, since I haven't tried the elites, but I guess the elites are good.

but at the end of the day, it depends what TS needs, as jenny says.

bit like saying a gibson es-135 (whatever it's called, the jazzbox one) is a better guitar than an Ibanez rg321.

it is, no doubt- but not if you want a metal guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If it were me, I'd get the Epiphone, and save up untill I had enough money for an American strat.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ agreed. I'm talking the korean epis, since I haven't tried the elites, but I guess the elites are good.

As far as I'm aware, the Elistists are still made in Korea, just with better materials and such, although I could be wrong.

If you already own a strat, I don't think there's much use in buying another, I'd go for the LP.
Quote by fsb_ben
Fender MIM strat :-P Im actually selling my MIM Fender fat strat for $400 if ur interested.

They're $400 new, why would he pay that for a used one?
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
As far as I'm aware, the Elistists are still made in Korea, just with better materials and such, although I could be wrong.

If you already own a strat, I don't think there's much use in buying another, I'd go for the LP.

Japanese, I thought.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?