dwnbowden
UG Senior Member
611 IQ
I was wondering what people thought of this new scene that is plugged a lot by NME. I'm talking about bands such as The Klaxons, Metronomy and Shit Disco. It might be a British thing but I was wondering what people here thought of it.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
acidity
245 IQ
its a load of shit, only klaxons can me classed as rave, the rest are indie bands with a dodgy synth player.

if they put the phrase 'new rave like' anywhere NEAR the cooper temple clause they will be getting a box of shite through their office....
Caustic
On holiday by mistake
370 IQ
Quote by dwnbowden
...Shit Disco...

That's basically what I think of it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
i've never heard of it... what does it sound like? just regular indie with synths?
from daylight...
...into darkness
jagstang270
's mom!
807 IQ
I really like the klaxons, Magick can't get out of my head.
...And The Nominees Are
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
klaxons are really good, even though general consensous seems to be that they don't have enough songs.

Shit disco are pretty crap, but ive been at a house party where they played and it was awesome fun even got to play bass with them at one point. It's just party music really, plus their drummers brilliant

metronomy are pretty decent as well, some top notch tunes

most of this nu-rave stuff is just electro really with a lot of people getting lumped in and A LOT of scenesters
dwnbowden
UG Senior Member
611 IQ
Quote by divid3d
i've never heard of it... what does it sound like? just regular indie with synths?

http://www.myspace.com/klaxons

Klaxons are probably the best example
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
adm.uk
255 IQ
Klaxons stuff is annoyingly catchy, CSS too. Most of the rest of it is all a bit crap.
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
Is Justice part of this scene? If so, then I like it.
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
new rave doesnt exist.

i feel sorry for klaxons. and i really really worry about the fact that CSS are getting lumped into this post nathan barley bullshit.

its typical NME though i guess, writing about fictional scenes.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
jagstang270
's mom!
807 IQ
what about "The Automatic"? 'monster' is still on my playlist and has been for ages.
...And The Nominees Are
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
Quote by Godzilla1969
Is Justice part of this scene? If so, then I like it.

wait, what? is this the same justice i'm thinking of? electro/house etc DJs from france? most known for 'we are your friends' (vs simian)? remixed DFA 1979, etc?

if so then what the hell lol i was under the impression this 'indie rave' stuff was bands with synths, not DJs?

someone explain this to me
from daylight...
...into darkness
just a beatnick
54 IQ
man new rave is a scene, duno what ur on about. the young pony club, check them out, its not just about indi dance a lot of people are just finding out that there is good dance muisc out there, James Zabiela is a dj that id say u should check out.
and im still right here giving blood keeping faith
raise_the_dead
Gravedancer
1,535 IQ
Quote by dwnbowden
Shit Disco.

Indie rock with synths? Sound like its been done a long time before, and sound REALLY boring to boot.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Fiddelers elbow
UG Senior Member
112 IQ
I like it.......and i thought it was classed as "new rave"?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
thyme
Modest Moose
223 IQ
klaxons are great, shit disco average. But there's loads of good upcoming new rave sorta thing at the moment. Most of it is far better live and drunk, well mostly drunk.
THe music's great to dance to.

I t's similar to dance music except without the DJs. Often bass orientated often with synth though not neccesarily.

As for the kids if you see moody boys wearing bright yellow, green or red skinnies they'll be new rave.

Good though i think.
Last edited by thyme at Dec 20, 2006,
bobby_zman
10 IQ
maybe australia actually started something here rather than following foreign music. I'm probably wrong but i think modular is signing a lot of these bands (the klaxons? new young ponu club?), and modular started in australia with the avalanches and now has cut copy and the presets and other similar stuff.
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
grunge geek al
Fender Mustang Madman
332 IQ
it's all pretty over-rated, the only band in this "new rave" that's half decent is the klaxons.
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
radio_schizo
don't look now
2,833 IQ
Why's it called new rave? It's not exactly music you can rave too.

Electro-indie seems more suitable. But tbh I haven't really heard any of these bands.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
i'm completely confused as to what justice and zabiela have to do with indie.

i'll check out the other artists mentioned and try and understand exactly what is going on here lol.
from daylight...
...into darkness
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
NME normally hype some proper shitl....but just sometimes....
just a beatnick
54 IQ
its not that zabiela and co are linked to nu rave, its just that more people are discovering good dance music and that influences things if u catch my drift. i think drugs are as big a part of the scene as they were in the 90's
jagstang270
's mom!
807 IQ
Quote by divid3d
wait, what? is this the same justice i'm thinking of? electro/house etc DJs from france? most known for 'we are your friends' (vs simian)? remixed DFA 1979, etc?

if so then what the hell lol i was under the impression this 'indie rave' stuff was bands with synths, not DJs?

someone explain this to me

I'm gonna join in on her question..
...And The Nominees Are
just a beatnick
54 IQ
**** i forgot to even think about dfa in the context of nu rave!