NovemberRain273
I don't like Guns n Roses
5,451 IQ
Heres a cool little thing I made up today. I didnt really know what genre to place it in, because it is pretty heavy but very melodic, and not incredibly fast, but not like slow and crushing. Progressive is all I could think to describe it.
Attachments:
Pyreflies.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Spark1284
244 IQ
its melodic metal, i dont think u know what progressive really means. its really good, i like the harmonization and the leads alot. it seems like it needs to be cahnged up tho, if it were gonna be a whole song. the tempo and the rhythm dopnt really stand out that much
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
NovemberRain273
I don't like Guns n Roses
5,451 IQ
Alright melodic metal then yea i dont really know what progessive means lol..

I wasnt really planning on making it a whole song, I might if I find a riff or something fitting to it. I was just intending it to be a short little thing.

Thanks for the crit
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Horvat
Gravis Metallus
458 IQ
Its pretty cool. The harmonisation is really good, but a bit too repetitive.
TheDarkestNights
UG Addict
3,034 IQ
I like it, it reminds me of "Dialogue With The Stars" by In Flames. I like the harmonizing, it's pretty sweet. It does get a bit repetative though, but at least the parts aren't boring. Sounds like it could be a long intro or something. Maybe extend it?

8/10

Crit mine?
R E G G A E
flyingjew34
Opeth Afficianado
583 IQ
Oh man, I wish it were longer! It was great man, all the harmonies and such were pretty cool. I think you should really keep this going, it would be great just like everything else you make. 9.5/10
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
The harmonization is pretty cool... The riff starting at bar 25 is pretty good. It's a little to slow for my tastes, but still good. 7.75/10.
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
2,379 IQ
Hmm. Melodic Metal.

Prog is more like... complex and uses odd time signatures. (take a look at a Meshuggah tab or Opeth tab and you'll see. Meshuggah uses like.. 23/16 in one song... Opeth is usually 6/4, 6/8, 12/8, etc.)

Some how I got a Metalcore vibe... but I really enjoyed the harmonies.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Dec 22, 2006,