jon333
707 IQ
Hey, i keep on hearing about this Sufjan Stevens guy, so i thought i'd want to get in to him a bit. What album should i get into from him if im into lots of classic rock, blues, and some modern stuff like Radiohead. I know, probably not what Sufjan sounds like, but i'm willing to make a buy based on the rave reviews im hearing.
ninyader
133 IQ
not really an answer to your question but Sufjan Stevens is one of the most amazing artists alive... my favorite song is casimir pulaski day but i would suggjest all of his albums.
ZiggyZiggify
Doors Fanatic
519 IQ
You should check out his album Michigan (aka Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lake State). It's amazing.
cpick2014
just trying to survive...
445 IQ
just get anything hes ever done. its all worth it. seriously. the anthology is the way to go
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
'Seven Swans' is his best. Only ones to be cautious of are 'Year of the rabbit' and 'Illinois'. 'Year of the rabbit' is just very different to everything else he's done, although elements of it do show in other records, and by the point of 'Illinois' he really started to do too much of the same thing over and over (although it would probably be quite a good album if you're just getting into him).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
I enjoyed 'Year of the Rabbit' quite a bit, it doesnt sound like him but it's still very chill and very soothing (in a mildly weird way) which I enjoyed. But yeah, agreed that Seven Swans is his best.